Sign in to follow this  
Orcinus (DayZ)

Killed by zombie horde in no-man's-land

I was running somewhere through the woods between Dubrovka and Gvozdno, than suddenly a horde of five zombies appeared behind me, although no settlement was in the near. My only defence was a splitting axe. The bastards killed me... :facepalm:

Did you had similar occurrences with zombie hords in no-man's-land?

I can't wait for this to happen all the time. I want more zeds. Now :D

• Like 3

This did happen to me today, it was daylight and I was just wandering through the woods and, BOOM 3 Zeds were trying to gnaw my face off. Luckily I was able to fend them off. I heard them coming and was terrified. I used my axe to kill them. I did though have to use rags cause I was bleeding.

thats exactly what im waiting on, zeds thats wonder around! please if anybody spot anything like this and have time put up a screenshot to confirm this is already in! (this feature will be added later on for sure, which is awesome!)

I have come across one or two in the middle of nowhere.. this combined to the bugged sounds so you start to ignore those zombie bunnies and suddenly there is the real deal moaning behind you..

5 zombos isn't what I'd call a horde. The minimum for a horde has to be at least 20. To be honest I'd like there to be hundreds coming at you out of the woods.

thats exactly what im waiting on, zeds thats wonder around! please if anybody spot anything like this and have time put up a screenshot to confirm this is already in! (this feature will be added later on for sure, which is awesome!)

jep they are in, but i think 5 zeds is max so far. They're standing very close to each other (like 5m radius). And a smaller horde chased me in the woods but only 3, happened only twice =( which is pretty sad

Five? I took on three with nothing but a can opener. An axe is easy mode.

Can opener?!.. i call fibs

• Like 1

this happens couse like 95% of the zombies are under the earth, and they also fallow you under the earth, sometimes it can happen that they come back up from the earth (like in all the old zombie movies)

I have come across one or two in the middle of nowhere.. this combined to the bugged sounds so you start to ignore those zombie bunnies and suddenly there is the real deal moaning behind you..

Oh yes, i forgot. before the horde disturbed me, I found a sweet immortal rabbit in the forest. Maybe it was for a diversion.