Sign in to follow this  
Ryke (DayZ)

Sick Feature for Standalone

I've got a sick idea fo an feature
Would be sick when you could add a legholster and add a key which works like the "alt"-button but additional you pull out the gun in the legholster very very quickly and hold it with the right hand (if you got a rifle in your hand you will lower it like the "space"-button and keep holding it with left hand.
1st examples: You run away from zombies and are not only allowed to check your back with the "alt" button.So With the "(for example "Crtl"-button you pull your gun from the legholster very quickly keeps holding it with the right hand and are able to aim by only moving your head like with the "alt"-button, so you still keep running forward (away from the zombies).
2nd Example: You are facing 10 zombies and you've killed 8 of then until you run out of ammo, the "crtl"-button is your last chance to take out the 2 remaining zombies. You will quicly pull it out of your legholster, keep holding it with the right and and lower the rifle.
How would it be that you make zombies less aggressive to sound, so you could basicly sneak up from behind, scroll on them and get an option for stealh kill (or execute ), would be cool to have that with players as well, when they are handcuffed or sth. and then you'll get a sick finish (execute) move like in Far Cry 3.
Since you've got the "space"-button to lower your gun and the "alt"-button to only move your head maybe you could add sth like a key where it quickly pulls out the handgun you've got, hold it with one hand and goes with the "alt" button.

Too much Walking Dead I think!? :P I thought you where going to add something to the sickness mechanic... 

Anyway I dont know how hard it would be to add dual wielding in this engine but it would be cool to be able to draw a secondary without putting the primary away, with reduced accuracy ofc.

Edited by Zarniwoop