Sign in to follow this  
c00lface

The true reason behind KoS

So there has been a lot of talking about KoS being a big issue right now in Standalone. Some say it wasn't like this when the mod came up, cod kids and such, bla bla bla.

But I want to give you my honest reason to KoS: I love it. Been doing it since my first day on the mod (June 2012). Never had a friend in this game, always been a loner bandit who kills everything that moves. And really I think thats the best way to get satisfaction in this game, thats why 90% players do it. I Always play stealthy, moving very slowly and doing a lot of camping. I literally kill on sight, don't wait a second, don't even take my chances with unarmed characters specially in military loot areas. I enjoy killing freshspawns and make them respawn again, because I know they hate it. I love sniping, got very good at it, landing 1km headshots in the mod. And right now on SA its just beautiful. If I get to kill a full geared survivor, I know he rages. Yesterday I killed this guy he had an m4 and full gear, he even had that press vest that is pretty rare. I bet you I could feel his anger. I could hear him whining. And its his fault, all of you that rage when kosed, you just get mad because of a game, Its a videogame! you will lose your gear eventually! get over it!

Haven't tried the handcuffs yet, probably never will.

Please don't hate me because of my honest opinion, thats the way I enjoy the game.

Peace

• Like 2

Oh my god another fucking post about KOS

KOS happens because it does

simple as that 

/thread end

• Like 7

I play the same except I kos the bandit skin guys in the mod now it's the ones who have someone on their knees robbing them.

i kind of agree with leviski, the nature of the game and its player base it the cause of KoS.

We are gamers.

Gamers like to kill shit.

Kill shit = KoS.

(aswel there is like a million posts about kos now, it gets a little old.)

Edited by Dienark7

could someone close those spam threads?

we dont want to hear what a big cock you have...stop swinging it around.

• Like 1

I used to be 'That Friendly Guy With The Blood Bad' but I would go and approach someone and they used to unload a clip into my back after i BBed them... So a few months ago, I turned to KoS. I am now better at the game, when I need to defend myself, my reactions are quicker, my aim is better ect.

TL;DR; Its good 'fer 'yer 'ealth

i can't disagree more. if you want to only KOS play BF 3. the best way to play this game is as a friendly. player interaction is what makes Dayz great. i have made a ton of friends through Dayz, people that i would never have met if i just killed everyone. also you are not good at the game by killing everyone you see. real skill at this game is being able to aproach a bandit and rob him. anyone can shoot a guy in the back 

• Like 5

I agree with you all. But let me state something here. KoS Is POSSIBLE so it is part of the game right? That's ok every player must decide how he wants to play and be. BUT What I hope is that people don't encourage KoS cause there are some people that love the experience of teaming up and love the experience or today MIRACLE to find random people in a friendly environment to survive. There are two types of player. Ego Shooter and Surviving simulation guys. The Ego-Shooter kill on sight the Surviving simulation guys try to get an epic experience with people they just met. The hatred against KoS is cause this people are ignorant people. And ignorance is a incredibly dumb behavior. But still they have their right to do it and Surviving-Simulation-Guys have to deal with it. 

I don't think KoS is a problem. I think every player has to make his own rules to play the game properly. My rule is. If someone runs around with a weapon out I will shoot him. If he put the weapon away or have no weapon in hand I will just run pass him/her. Cause everyone who has a gun ready to shoot is ready to shoot. KoS is ok and there is no other way than dealing with it. But that makes dumb KoS like "PacificForPeace" to gamers I don't want to meet on any server. 

I THINK. If the hive system will stay that way, that people with a decent body count (in terms of bandity) should be marked with a symbol in beside their name so people who are joining the sever can decide if they want to take the risk of getting killed by a nonsense bandit who kills people who don't even have loot. Or just want to join another server and maybe play with friendly people. Somehow there could be a system calculating a status of a bandit.

The worst advice you can ever give a new player is "Shot everybody and don't trust anyone" cause this words produce american style of social behavior which causes more death than it helps having fun. This is no competition this is a game. Why do we play games? To have fun. And I have no fun KoSing other people without a good reason and have no fun in getting KoS for dumb reasons. 

Edited by Dragens
  • Like 2

i can't disagree more. if you want to only KOS play BF 3. the best way to play this game is as a friendly. player interaction is what makes Dayz great. i have made a ton of friends through Dayz, people that i would never have met if i just killed everyone. also you are not good at the game by killing everyone you see. real skill at this game is being able to aproach a bandit and rob him. anyone can shoot a guy in the back 

people like this should be culled ! nothing worse than branding someone elses choice wrong because your opinion differs.

go play bf3 pfft! :rolleyes:

The Kos aside and this is on topic cus you brag about

... I enjoy killing freshspawns and make them respawn again, because I know they hate it....

you get your frills hoping you have upset someone in RL. You have some issues that you are bringing to the game that are not part of the game. I don't think DayZ is meant to be a tool of bulling.

Added:

but still, thanks for the post, and giving us an insight into some of the mass KOS'ers, i don't think most have the guts to say why they do it.

Now we can work on fixing you :wub:

Edited by Sooden
  • Like 4

people like this should be culled ! nothing worse than branding someone elses choice wrong because your opinion differs.

go play bf3 pfft! :rolleyes:

i did not brand his opinion as wrong i said i disagree and explained my opinion 

• Like 1

So there has been a lot of talking about KoS being a big issue right now in Standalone. Some say it wasn't like this when the mod came up, cod kids and such, bla bla bla.

But I want to give you my honest reason to KoS: I love it. Been doing it since my first day on the mod (June 2012). Never had a friend in this game, always been a loner bandit who kills everything that moves. And really I think thats the best way to get satisfaction in this game, thats why 90% players do it. I Always play stealthy, moving very slowly and doing a lot of camping. I literally kill on sight, don't wait a second, don't even take my chances with unarmed characters specially in military loot areas. I enjoy killing freshspawns and make them respawn again, because I know they hate it. I love sniping, got very good at it, landing 1km headshots in the mod. And right now on SA its just beautiful. If I get to kill a full geared survivor, I know he rages. Yesterday I killed this guy he had an m4 and full gear, he even had that press vest that is pretty rare. I bet you I could feel his anger. I could hear him whining. And its his fault, all of you that rage when kosed, you just get mad because of a game, Its a videogame! you will lose your gear eventually! get over it!

Please don't hate me because of my honest opinion, thats the way I enjoy the game.

Peace

Mate u have a right to play the way u play. No one acctually cares. Thing is saying that KOS its best way to play for everyone its very narrow minded. There are so many different ppl out there and they all have their playstyles. Like mentioned in the thread, survivalist, friendly, RP.  U enjoy making ppl feel like shit, thats nothing to be proud off I rekon. And u get away with it, because there is no system in place for punishment for untisocial behavour. I magine if for every KOS, the game would have taken some of ur blood or whatever. I bet things would have been different.

Anyhow. I think if there are different servers for different types of players, it wil solve few problems and then KOS player can kill each other on one server(wich makes it just another BF or COD) and other players can have fun on other servers. But I bet KOSers will jump on friendly servers just to piss people off. They need 'carebares', however carebares dont need KOSers

Peace

tumblr_inline_mmhwb6rVbm1qz4rgp.png

• Like 4

I was just thinking that we really need a kos thread, good job I checked first and didn't create another thread!

funny thing is: KOSers will never have friends ingame.

they will always be hated and since this is running on Steam now, you can easily remember names and avoid those people.

• Like 1

Summary: I KoS because I hope it makes people mad.

No secret there. I hate the "It's a damn vidya game, y u mad?!" logic though.

Let me just delete all of your save files for your games and you tell me then, "They're just video games, it's fine." It's a game, yeah, but games take time, that is why people get mad. They spent 3 hours maybe just getting finally set up and meeting their pal, only for it to be taken away by someone who had every intention of making them waste all of that time.

A personal experience I had was just from DayZ being rude, but myself and friends had spent literally 5 hours getting all the parts for a huey and fixing it up, only for it to literally disappear just as we went to fuel it.

5 hours of time, most of it dull and repetitive, only to have no gain.

Same concept except replace a glitch with some asshole on the other end doing it on purpose.

• Like 1

Zombie apocalypse simulator, simulator being the key word. In real life you don't respawn so dying of starvation because you're being nice to some stranger isn't some honorable trait, it's flat out Darwinism. Sometimes it's not just some cawdooty fps'er working on his K/D ratio. Sometimes its a desperate dying man with nothing else in his pockets to keep him going. Or it could be someone healthy that is desperate because you just looted all the valuables from the city. Sometimes it's a survivalist that understands that more often then not his chances of survival are significantly higher if you are not alive. And of course sometimes its a cawdooty working on his K/D. Point being that death is common if the simulator is to be remotely considered authentic.

No where on the Steam page is "simulator" mentioned. So no, it's not a simulator from what I can tell, and where are all these geared men coming from that are on their last breath? D: Must be a sickness at the military bases or a cold caught from server hopping.

The mod has shown that they're not dying, in need, or struggling to survive, they're having fun doing as the OP said.

• Like 1

No where on the Steam page is "simulator" mentioned. So no, it's not a simulator from what I can tell, and where are all these geared men coming from that are on their last breath? D: Must be a sickness at the military bases or a cold caught from server hopping.

The mod has shown that they're not dying, in need, or struggling to survive, they're having fun doing as the OP said.

It's a survival horror mod. Survival mechanics with horror aspects just being zombies. Sure, I'll give you that it doesn't state anywhere that it's a simulator. So just replace everything I wrote with survival and it holds the same exact meaning. Even if you were killed by a fully geared player he still may only have enough supplies to last him a day or two. Also lets not forget that by killing you he is less likely to die. That is a fact, because he doesn't know who you are.

Also the internet has trolls. Just because OP stated he personally does it because people like you get mad does not prove that 100% of the murders are troll related. Anything that effects the trolls effects the survivalist which is counter productive to the lead developers vision for his creation.

• Like 1

Peace

So the real reason is because you enjoy being an annoying moron. Fair enough.

• Like 2