Sooden

Medic!

This is a 'I hope they add' thread :)

I don't like shooting player and if I have to (when in my group) I not good at it, so weapons aren't my thing but there is no other point for the space taken by your main weapon. And when solo, I feel the weapon makes me look more aggressive than I am. I wish there was something else that could be put in that spot, maybe splint pack or something. Yes I know this wont stop me getting KOSed and people may kill me for my medical supplies, but at least its not because they thing I'm going to shoot them and I may be more productive as a team member.

Also, if they add skills, a practiced medic my be worth more to a bandit or offensive team alive, as they may be more skilled. So more chance of being forced to help someone instead of just being shot (if don't have a weapon on my back)

Would also like to see some medical clothing, hats and bags. Yes I know others will use these to trick people, but in a team, it may help co-ordinate.

Interested to see what people think.

• Like 1

You could just put a splint in your hand instead of a weapon...

I still like the idea about having skills. Not like "You levelled up", just you noticing "oh, it takes me .5 seconds less to bandage". It would be awesome that way.

"oh, it takes me .5 seconds less to bandage". It would be awesome that way.

3VzaQee.png   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> What do you think leveling is?? (Face palm)

I like the ideas. It would be interesting to have certain medical items that can only be equipped in the weapon slot, thus forcing a person to choose between a gun and said medical items. Also, I would be a big fan of skills increasing based on how often you complete certain tasks. The more you practice something in real life, the better you get at it. That should apply in game. Allowing a person to grow as a medic would be awesome for those who don't like PVP as much, but still want to provide value to a group or other players.

But it would also make you a primary target in a firefight

Would also like to see some medical clothing, hats and bags.

I want to prance around in a nurse outfit throwing Saline bags at people.

• Like 1

Jeeze mhn these skills improvements sound awfully similar....  To a game starting with "W" and ends in "Z" any takers???

8u5Q9ME.jpg

I want to prance around in a nurse outfit throwing Saline bags at people.

Dam you got me... Me too :)

Jeeze mhn these skills improvements sound awfully similar....  To a game starting with "W" and ends in "Z" any takers???

never played that but don't like the looks of a skills page. More of a hidden mechanic,  more of a knowledge stat than an achieved level. Guess it could go up or down, and even work with weapons, if you don't practice with weapons your not as good at aiming. Seem everyone has okay marksmen skills in dayz even if they are like me and not best with a gun, seems a little strange.

Get out... of my head! *wraps cranium in seven layers of tin foil*

I stopped carrying weapons (aside from a hatchet) and even camo clothes for the same reason, to look less threatening on my travels and to at least have to option to communicate with a person before he shoots me because I look like a commando on a mission. But I'd love to further stress the role that I'm trying to fill with an appropriate outfit.

A ballistic helm with a red cross on a white circle rather than the red motorcycle helmet as a surrogate. A proper medic's pack rather than a red camping one. Maybe a lab coat scavenged from a hospital. A surgeon's mask rather than a respirator or gas mask. Medical gloves. Also, further (diagnostical) medical gear like a blood pressure meter to find out the status of their blood level rather than asking "how gray is your vision today?". A classic brown leather bag taking up the place on the shoulder rather than a rifle on a sling to opt for more inventory capacity instead of a rifle.

A problem I can see if there were medic versions of military-grade gear that is equal to regular desirable pieces of equipment. People would use a medic version instead of the regular military one because they simply haven't found neutral one. Think of a ballistic helmet with a red cross and a regular olive one. If I was getting myself into gunfights regularly, hell yea I'd use one that falsely claims that I'm a medic rather than wearing nothing on my head.

This got me thinking that with the modularity that they are trying to get into the item system, universal red cross velcro badges or similar could be an attachable item that optionally alters the appearance of a regular piece of equipment. Or rather than having half a dozen ballistic helmets with various camo patterns (at some point), rather have one helmet and several fabric helmet covers in various patterns, including a red cross one. Nobody would be forced to look like a medic for game mechanic reason, but you would have the option if you have your reasons.

Edited by Merino
  • Like 2

I don't think skills will help , even if you are an advanced medic in the skill tree  nobody is going to know that only you.

Instead of skills I think they could add like passives you gain from playing the game in the same character for example: if you was sick one time your body already know how to threat the virus and it will be easier for you to get better next time you get sick. and not only good things, if you carry tons of stuff for a long time your legs will start to hurt and you will start to walk slower.

If you chop wood you will start to get better at chopping woods and you will chop faster and with less risk of hurting yourself.

What I am trying to say is, I don't want to have like a skill tree or something , I want the players to discover the perks and skill you can get instead of leveling up and then choose  skills from a menu

Edited by ShokeR

I don't skills will help , even if you are an advanced medic in the skill tree  nobody is going to know that only you.

Instead of skills I think they could add like passives you gain from playing the game in the same character for example: if you was sick one time your body already know how to threat the virus and it will be easier for you to get better next time you get sick. and not only good things, if you carry tons of stuff for a long time your legs will start to hurt and you will start to walk slower.

If you chop wood you will start to get better at chopping woods and you will chop faster and with less risk of hurting yourself.

What I am trying to say is, I don't want to have like a skill tree or something , I want the players to discover the perks and skill you can get instead of leveling up and then choose  skills from a menu

yeah, kinda what i meant by skills, as posted up a little.

I like the option of dressing like a medic - to various degrees from full military kit to just a red armband or white armband with a red cross. 

PS some shameless self-promotion: my medical ideas - treating others (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161874-medical-system-for-dayz-part-2-emergency-care-for-other-players/) and treating your own wounds (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161763-medical-system-for-dayz-part-1---self-treatment-of-wounds/).

Edited by Roshi