TheRealAzrael

What Ruins DayZ

Host your own server(when the time comes), with your own rules and play the way you like.

There are pve servers, rp servers, pvp/pve, clan wars and others on dayz mod. On your own server you will be able to do anything. No need to whine, shut up and play, or go away...

Edited by Nienko

How dare he suggest changes. This is an ALPHA. When we bought the Alpha we agreed to not crtizice suggest changes or discuss the game. All we are allowed to say is good job Rocket.

I kinda stopped reading after non-pvp areas are a must. I'll assume from this statement and the look of your post that everything was retarded and people shouldn't be taking any of this seriously.

You want to play a game with zombies and PVP but hide in safe zones where players can't kill you then go play minecraft.

Edited by RaxUK

1: not sure non-pvp areas would be right but I agree and have posted on different issues about senseless killing not being realistic, and they need some sort mechanics to balance it out (maybe they have some planned).

2: hope they add medical books, learn skills as medic.

3: loots seems okay to me, once you have water bottles and lot food, but i'm not after guns. and if they add hunting and gathering, it will make food easier.

4: yup random killing needs mechanics, the player should develop some of the physiological problems of a mass killer.

5: and potatoes :P (think they have them too)

6: Also buried stashes would be nice, real like 'prepper ' so if they get robbed or lose something, they have a back up.

7: I'm confused lol

8:they did say about adding some

How dare he suggest changes. This is an ALPHA. When we bought the Alpha we agreed to not crtizice suggest changes or discuss the game. All we are allowed to say is good job Rocket.

its one thing to suggest changes.. but when they are utterly retarded and down right stupid you think the community wont point them out?

by playing this ALPHA we were asked to voice our opinions and to let the dev team know of bug's we find.

the OP clearly has played too much cod and wow to offer any tangible thoughts on how a survival game should play.

4: yup random killing needs mechanics, the player should develop some of the physiological problems of a mass killer.

I would kill you for a can of beans if i was hungry enough...

Alright, so here is what ruins Day Z;

1: ALWAYS pvp......sometimes you have no gear, sometimes you have ABSOLUTELY no gear, and sometimes you just grabbed something halfway decent, but are still looking for better...................... and then you get shot in the back!

-yes this is "realistic".....but in real life, you can smell, you can quickly look back and forth with NO FPS issues, you can see SUPER MINUTE details, you can see someone breathing.......... you can climb a tree and hide at the very top.......

Unless you are Mogli i don't think you can do this in real life

I would kill you for a can of beans if i was hungry enough...

that seems reasonable, but i mean the type of person that kills and kills and rings up their friends to say ' i got 20 frags in an hour'. As it is a game there is no reflection of what problems someone like that would have in real life (i don't mean the player, i mean a killer in real life)

*So to be Clear, not saying the player has problems*

Seriously? We're all saying it- it's ALPHA- READ THE FUCKING DISCLAIMER WHEN YOU START THE GAME. Heck, when you bought the game, it also tells you not to buy it unless you accept this.

There are things that do need working on, but in due time these will be addressed. Finding weapons/ammo/food/drink being rare at the moment, zombies fading through walls, not being able to regain health when on your own etc. These will all be dealt with in due time because it's nowhere near finished. Despite that, this game is better than the MOD. The mod has been going for a long time now so has had lots of changes to it to increase the content and gameplay. This has only been out a matter of days and it's already better because of many of the enterable buildings. Imagine being "safe" on a rooftop to then have someone open fire from an apartment on an adjacent building. It creates so many other possibilies that it's amazing.

To the point: If you don't like it mate, uninstall the game and continue playing COD!

This is my opinion...

1)Though i think  that the mindless killing thing is a little high(sometimes not always...), there wont be safe zones in Dayz...

2)Will be change...Dean said it, the actual one is ok as it is, it works

3)Loot will respawn...is a future feature...

4)Tracking...would be cool to have but for now it ok if they stick with fixing bugs 

5)Ok with this one ;)

6)If you´re asking for tents...future feature...If youre asking to spawn with full gear...not gonna happen

7)Yet it seemed to stick with the original vision of Dayz....Survive

8)Same as 6)...future feature

9)There will be more infected...like a lot...but they need to fix their IA first...and keep a watch on performance

EDIT: Welcome to the forums...

Edited by XjoseX

Where can I go to too get my minutes back that I wasted reading this?

You can't because this rant was an Alpha rant, if you want to you can come back in a few months, when his rant hits Beta, but if you want my advice. Come back in a year, when his rants hit full release. Until then you might not like what you read, as it might be full of typos and misconceptions.

I played dayzmod, and immediately noticed it was 110% better than what rocket is making dayz out to be now. its sad. I noticed what we all used to play was perfect, until rocket started making things more detailed that are not important, not working on the actual core game issues. didn't the community take over his mod before and actually do better than he has ever these past 2 years? yes. rocket needs to be thrown out of the mix again, it needs to happen cause if it dosent again this mod is going nowhere at all as it happened before.

wtf.  

My advice to you, if you don't like standalone and the mod is so much better.... (why are you posting this thread?).. . go play it.. and yet it must not be cause your here bitching about SA when you could be playing your

wonderfully 110% better Mod that rocket has nothing to do with..

110% better lawl.. this post is 110% bullshit.

what you think is better is your opinion, but peoples opinions tell you a lot about the person.. and what I think about you after reading your post isn't polite to say 

and what I would like to say would prolly get me banned.

So instead im treat you like a mentally retarded child and take comfort in the fact that if I had said what I wanted, you wouldn't had understood it anyway.

DayZ is hard and that's why I like it.  I would not waste money on a game with safe zones and other dumb shit like that.  Go play every other cookie cutter bullshit game out there.

Alright, so here is what ruins Day Z;

1: ALWAYS pvp......sometimes you have no gear, sometimes you have ABSOLUTELY no gear, and sometimes you just grabbed something halfway decent, but are still looking for better...................... and then you get shot in the back!

-yes this is "realistic".....but in real life, you can smell, you can quickly look back and forth with NO FPS issues, you can see SUPER MINUTE details, you can see someone breathing.......... you can climb a tree and hide at the very top.......

lets face it, this game IS NOT realistic.......pvp, non-pvp areas area's are a MUST.....especially when loot is so FRIGGIN hard to find!

I only agree that killing freshspawns with absolutely no gear is cancerous, I don't mind killing people in order to survive. 

especially when loot is so FRIGGIN hard to find!

Hard to find ? Loot is  very, RETARDLY easy to find, you just have to know where to look for it.

non-pvp areas

No

Your whole thread is a rant of someone being butthurt over getting killed 

So, I have to leave some type of response.......

1. I am not demanding these things get done RIGHT now, it is only MY list of what I think would make the game better...... if you don't agree, then dislike the post and move on. If you do agree, or you disagree and want to debate it, then do so in a mature way.

2. If there was a zombie apocolypse, people would realize VERY quickly that you do NOT survive by killing every thing you can, you target the enemy threat (usually the zombies) and every now and then you come upon instant-gratification idiots that would rather take something from someone than actually find it...... zombies and bandits die off pretty quickly. There is a reason societies exist.....

3. I am an actual medic, so I do understand and know the many signs/symptoms of illnesses and how to treat the sickness causing them. For me, it is frustrating not to have any actual reasons for why my guy is sick, and no way to know which treatment is needed. I am only asking that when Rocket has time, it would be nice to have this implemented into the game.

4. Cars might be all burnt up/no gas left....but that doesn't mean bicycles won't be working.......If I spawn in the south west, and I want to avoid people and just be on my own for a little, I would rather it not take me 2 hours to get to the north east....... just a personal prefference

5. Again, these are just what I think needs to be added into the game at a later date. Some was mentioned by Rocket, some wasn't..... there's no need to mention more zombies because that is what is being worked on RIGHT NOW......

6. I've never played WoW and have absolutely no desire to......but good attempt at a psychological analyzation, sorry to inform you that you are completely wrong.

OP Mentions safe zones, definitely not. all that will do, is have people camping outside waiting for someone to cross some invisible barrier and then getting wrecked in the face by a sniper. Sounds like you played Wa-(the game that shall not be mentioned) and actually enjoyed it. 

If you die, you die, make better decisions next time you see another player and you wont spend so much time trying to run to your looted corpse.

The game is about survival. Not Call of Duty with zombies.

............... .......

............................... ......................................

..... ....... .......

..................................... ............................................................

....................................................... .....

Moar dots!

I couldn't figure out how long the pause should be for each set of .'s.

I gave up after 30 minutes.

3. I am an actual medic, so I do understand and know the many signs/symptoms of illnesses and how to treat the sickness causing them. For me, it is frustrating not to have any actual reasons for why my guy is sick, and no way to know which treatment is needed. I am only asking that when Rocket has time, it would be nice to have this implemented into the game.

Hmm, what school did you attend and which medical field did you study/major in?

I'd like to know...

Edited by Shadow134

I swore i wasn't going to make anyone drink disinfectant but I spoke too soon.

Unbelievable this dude gets 3 pages worth of discussion and people telling him its an Alpha and not to be a baby and real threads discussing ideas for mechanics and such are lost 5 pages in the thread listing because these stay on top. The problem with this community is you all spend too much time feeding the trolls. 

• Like 1