TheRealAzrael

What Ruins DayZ

So, I have to leave some type of response.......

1. I am not demanding these things get done RIGHT now, it is only MY list of what I think would make the game better...... if you don't agree, then dislike the post and move on. If you do agree, or you disagree and want to debate it, then do so in a mature way.

2. If there was a zombie apocolypse, people would realize VERY quickly that you do NOT survive by killing every thing you can, you target the enemy threat (usually the zombies) and every now and then you come upon instant-gratification idiots that would rather take something from someone than actually find it...... zombies and bandits die off pretty quickly. There is a reason societies exist.....

3. I am an actual medic, so I do understand and know the many signs/symptoms of illnesses and how to treat the sickness causing them. For me, it is frustrating not to have any actual reasons for why my guy is sick, and no way to know which treatment is needed. I am only asking that when Rocket has time, it would be nice to have this implemented into the game.

4. Cars might be all burnt up/no gas left....but that doesn't mean bicycles won't be working.......If I spawn in the south west, and I want to avoid people and just be on my own for a little, I would rather it not take me 2 hours to get to the north east....... just a personal prefference

5. Again, these are just what I think needs to be added into the game at a later date. Some was mentioned by Rocket, some wasn't..... there's no need to mention more zombies because that is what is being worked on RIGHT NOW......

6. I've never played WoW and have absolutely no desire to......but good attempt at a psychological analyzation, sorry to inform you that you are completely wrong.

People like you try to ruin DayZ and have been trying since the mod launched long ago.  Lucky for us Rocket is not a vag and made a great sandbox game.

1: Alpha

2: Alpha

3: Alpha

4: Alpha

5: Alpha

6: Alpha

7: Alpha

8: Alpha

9: Alpha

I hope this clears things up for you Azrael.

• Like 1

stop saying its alpha you sound like a tard, its been in work for 2 years and I seen games in alpha that look better. That exuse is long dead anyone who says otherwise is just a fanboy

stop saying its alpha you sound like a tard, its been in work for 2 years and I seen games in alpha that look better. That exuse is long dead anyone who says otherwise is just a fanboy

You are a fanboy of Richard Simmons.

Hmm, what school did you attend and which medical field did you study/major in?

I'd like to know...

AMEDD, kudos if you know what it is, if you don't, go search for it. My Study/Major was combat medicine, and no I am not claiming to be an expert, simply that if there were symptoms listed it would make the problems much easier to treat.

For example: I'm feeling sick, my stomach hurts, I'm really tired, I'm getting cramps, My vision is blacking out at the edges.......what would you want to do for that person?

Me, I would want to give saline right away, they are either dehydrated or suffering low blood pressure (lack of blood or some other substance creating low blood pressure)

Another example: I'm feeling faint, my stomach hurts, I feel like throwing up, I'm sweating ALOT, there is a weird taste in my mouth/on my breath, I'm breathing very heavy ......what would you want to do?

Me, this person might just have some type of contact contamination, lets check them over to see if they have an infection...

opt A: infection present, clean the infection, re-bandage, give anti-biotics

opt B: no infectious wounds/legions detected, give the person charcoal tablet and hope to god it is some type of food poisoning.....if not then medicines/equipment is needed that is not viable in a survival scenario

Would you like me to go on.....?

1: Alpha

2: Alpha

3: Alpha

4: Alpha

5: Alpha

6: Alpha

7: Alpha

8: Alpha

9: Alpha

I hope this clears things up for you Azrael.

A:1. I am not demanding these things get done RIGHT now, it is only MY list of what I think would make the game better...... if you don't agree, then dislike the post and move on. If you do agree, or you disagree and want to debate it, then do so in a mature way.

Totally, you can't/don't read, and you are impatient. Congrats

OP reading your list it became clear that.. This isn't your game bro. you want to change the main things that make DayZ what it is..

so you obviously arn't happy with the game, there is this game infestation.. it has all that stuff you want.. safe zones and what not bro.. (it didn't fix there game)

but maybe thats more up your ally? lawl

Alright, so here is what ruins Day Z;

1: ALWAYS pvp......sometimes you have no gear, sometimes you have ABSOLUTELY no gear, and sometimes you just grabbed something halfway decent, but are still looking for better...................... and then you get shot in the back!

-yes this is "realistic".....but in real life, you can smell, you can quickly look back and forth with NO FPS issues, you can see SUPER MINUTE details, you can see someone breathing.......... you can climb a tree and hide at the very top.......

Aside from LOL'ing to your whole post, I laughed the HARDEST to this.  

Haha...  Oh and SAFE ZONES?!  This aint the "game we do not speak of!"... smh.  

Edited by twinturbonet
  • Like 1

OP Mentions safe zones, definitely not. all that will do, is have people camping outside waiting for someone to cross some invisible barrier and then getting wrecked in the face by a sniper. Sounds like you played Wa-(the game that shall not be mentioned) and actually enjoyed it. 

If you die, you die, make better decisions next time you see another player and you wont spend so much time trying to run to your looted corpse.

The game is about survival. Not Call of Duty with zombies.

I've never attempted running to my looted corpse because this game is still in alpha and recently killed bodies tend to not stay around.......

this game is about survival.......so all those shows about people preparing for the "apocolype" or society collapsing.....right, they're not planning on surviving, they are merely trying to cheat at life, and eventually their ability to do so will be taken out due to coding fixes.........

Do you really think society wouldn't come back? I'm saying that this game appears to be based 1 month- 1 year after zombies came about (there are too few people for it to be in the beginning, and there are too few zombies/supplies for it to be RIGHT after)...... and in that time period, there would be groups that have cleared a town and started trading for items. Any half-intelligent person (granted you might not be intelligent so you might not understand this) would realize that constant movement is not conducive to surviving. A base camp needs to be established, and eventually people brought in to protect said base-camp. Eventually that group would grow large enough and have enough supplies that they would then open theirselves up to trading to secure a constant stream of goods. The basics of economy and society would reform rather quickly.........

I am suggesting that the inevitable be recognized and implemented....... not a "safe zone" every 100 feet or something crazy like that...... but implement a "survivor" city where you can go to safely log in/out and not worry about spawn kills. Or if you found alot of something you didn't need, you could maybe trade it for something you did.......

again, this will end up being in Day Z standalone in some fashion...... it might be on a private server, it might make it into the full game........either way, I'm just stating that I want it and look forward to it.

OP reading your list it became clear that.. This isn't your game bro. you want to change the main things that make DayZ what it is..

so you obviously arn't happy with the game, there is this game infestation.. it has all that stuff you want.. safe zones and what not bro.. (it didn't fix there game)

but maybe thats more up your ally? lawl

Actually I'm very happy with the game.....guess you missed that part....... and the part that these are just suggestions...... and pretty much the whole thing, congrats though

Nah but for real OP, you should try the other zombie apocalyptic games out there.  Try the one that started with the W and changed it's name a little while back.  You know, the one that copied DayZ Mod and decided to scam all it's fan-base.  

They have safe zones and aren't in alpha, blah blah blah.

Aside from LOL'ing to your whole post, I laughed the HARDEST to this.  

Haha...  Oh and SAFE ZONES?!  This aint the "game we do not speak of!"... smh.  

So you are saying that you've never been hunting before...... you've obviously never worked out, and definitely never been in a situation where washing clothes is a no longer a luxury. I listed a set of ways that people/things trying to hide can be discovered.

As for safe zones...... you obviously don't grasp the point, so why don't you just move on ;)

Actually I'm very happy with the game.....guess you missed that part....... and the part that these are just suggestions...... and pretty much the whole thing, congrats though

Wow, I would think total opposite based on your original post.

• Like 1

I've never attempted running to my looted corpse because this game is still in alpha and recently killed bodies tend to not stay around.......

this game is about survival.......so all those shows about people preparing for the "apocolype" or society collapsing.....right, they're not planning on surviving, they are merely trying to cheat at life, and eventually their ability to do so will be taken out due to coding fixes.........

Do you really think society wouldn't come back? I'm saying that this game appears to be based 1 month- 1 year after zombies came about (there are too few people for it to be in the beginning, and there are too few zombies/supplies for it to be RIGHT after)...... and in that time period, there would be groups that have cleared a town and started trading for items. Any half-intelligent person (granted you might not be intelligent so you might not understand this) would realize that constant movement is not conducive to surviving. A base camp needs to be established, and eventually people brought in to protect said base-camp. Eventually that group would grow large enough and have enough supplies that they would then open theirselves up to trading to secure a constant stream of goods. The basics of economy and society would reform rather quickly.........

I am suggesting that the inevitable be recognized and implemented....... not a "safe zone" every 100 feet or something crazy like that...... but implement a "survivor" city where you can go to safely log in/out and not worry about spawn kills. Or if you found alot of something you didn't need, you could maybe trade it for something you did.......

again, this will end up being in Day Z standalone in some fashion...... it might be on a private server, it might make it into the full game........either way, I'm just stating that I want it and look forward to it.

you and a group of your friends can clear a city and set up shop and trade w/e already.. but what makes it really realistic is the bandits can come kill your ass and take your shit. what your asking for is a unrealistic safety from other players

So you are saying that you've never been hunting before...... you've obviously never worked out, and definitely never been in a situation where washing clothes is a no longer a luxury. I listed a set of ways that people/things trying to hide can be discovered.

As for safe zones...... you obviously don't grasp the point, so why don't you just move on ;)

Hey, you have every right to have an opinion and suggestions.  However, my opinion just happens to be against what you are suggesting.  I don't speak for everyone, but, I definitely see a lot of other comments stating that these suggestions are a no no.  

In MY opinion, "What Ruins DayZ" is people like you trying to change the roots of the game.  

Edited by twinturbonet
  • Like 2

Alright, so here is what ruins Day Z;

1: ALWAYS pvp......sometimes you have no gear, sometimes you have ABSOLUTELY no gear, and sometimes you just grabbed something halfway decent, but are still looking for better...................... and then you get shot in the back!

-yes this is "realistic".....but in real life, you can smell, you can quickly look back and forth with NO FPS issues, you can see SUPER MINUTE details, you can see someone breathing.......... you can climb a tree and hide at the very top.......

lets face it, this game IS NOT realistic.......pvp, non-pvp areas area's are a MUST.....especially when loot is so FRIGGIN hard to find!

2: Status messages: great, now I know when or if my guy is thirsty, hungry, sick, or healthy.....BUT WHY?!?!?!? It's obvious we need some type of actual indicator to show HOW much hunger/thirst/blood/health we have.......but even more importantly, WHY ARE WE SICK?!?!?!?!?

-Oh I feel like throwing up........it doesn't cut it, is my guy sweating, is he hot, do his wounds look inflamed, are his wounds turning colors? These are things we need to know to apply the proper "antidote". I feel like throwing up can indicate ANYTHING since a sign of shock is your stomach shutting down.....and dying CREATES shock....... PLEASE, GIVE US SOME TYPE OF HEALTH "UI" or even better,  a way to analyze yourself and distinguish what is wrong. (if you need help, talk to me, or any number of "medical proffessionals)

3: Loot......the only servers worth going to are ones that get reset almost every hour........going through an entire city and finding 2-3 items worth storing is not surviving, it is wasting your time........and if the game had some type of mission structure/non-pvp area's, the lack of loot might be appealing.......but since EVERYTING is pvp, and bored people camp out random areas, randomely dying can become EXTREMELY INCONVENIENT.........

4: Random killings need to be punished: AGAIN, THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE: for example, If I disovered a person randomely shot in the back, I would HAPPILY search for foot prints, then track the cheap asshole down that did the shooting, and execute him.....AFTER "arresting" him and making him realize he was going to DIE because he has no respect for human life...............but there are no footprints.....If i handcuffed someone they could simply log out (even if they died, they would respawn) or any number of things could happen......THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE.......... stop trying to pretend like it is, accept that it isn't, and make it friggin enjoyable.

-please, someone legitiamely tell me they like running around for 2-3 hours to get re-geared when they get randomely killed

5: This is supposed to be RUSSIA......WHERE THE F**K is the VODKA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?-------nothing else needs to be said

6: I understand this is Alpha..... but what makes Day Z mod enjoyable is the customization, and the clan/group capabilities. Loot needs to be re-organized so that people can actually make gear stashes where they respawn at (TENTS!!!!)....... PVP becomes much more fun when your group can respawn and get right back into the fight......AFTER 2 weeks of just gathering stuff for a sustained battle............. That's what made the mod fun, bring it the F**K back.......

7: Remember, Day Z standalone IS ONLY popular because of ARMA II: Day Z Mod....... stick to your origins bud, I understand there is a vision, but don't stray from it......don't turn into Mario 64......it doesn't make sense, it's not fun..........

8: Vehicles!!!!!!!!! WTF, this walking stuff is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY boring........enough already.....seriously........it's friggin boring. I'm tired of walking the same road over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over......because that's what it feels like.......... give me something to move faster than a quick jog.......even a bicycle would be nice. It should NEVER take more than 30 minutes at OPTIMUM standards to move from one side of a map to another.........It's not fun, it gets boring........ask WOW players if they want to get rid of fast travel and mounts........just get Blizzard to do it for one week......see what the drop in user satisfaction is................VEHICLES.......

9:....................................that's for other people to say...........more zombies will be nice, but the things listed above are FAR more important to the enjoyment of the game........ plus, if you add more zombies, you better start people off with something that can at least do some damage to a zombie.....FISTS ARE USELESSS!!!!!!!

1. What would you do in pvp "out" ? aquire gear? no, sorry gear aquisition is conditional to competing with other players.

2. Somethings are not really obvious, is it food poisoning, is it a gastro enteritis? not the same, very similar symptoms.

3. It's surviving, you think the ruins of the fallen world is supposed to be plentyful? you should consider yourself lucky that you're not starving.

4. There is no universal retribution, only man made rules. There is no human life to respect, outside of an ordered society, those concepts mean nothing. As for detective work... good luck with that.

5. Clichee much?

6. You are dead, you do not pass go, you do not get 20000$.

7. Wheren't you ranting about changing the game?

8. If anything it should take several hours but that's IMHO.

9. You're taking this the wrong way, this is a simulation and a social experience, it's not tailored to entertain or be fun but to offer an experience.

• Like 1

you and a group of your friends can clear a city and set up shop and trade w/e already.. but what makes it really realistic is the bandits can come kill your ass and take your shit. what your asking for is a unrealistic safety from other players

I would friggin love that option.....but since it's alpha, you can't store gear in a town and barricade the town, then create sniper outposts...

Plus there is one major factor, it's not real life. In the real world, in a survival situation, I could easily pay a guy with supplies or some type of acknowledged currency to stay on watch and protect the interior/exterior of my designated area...... In a game you can't possibly expect someone to log on for 8 hours to simply keep constant watch for some in-game food and currency....... but that's ok, I understand that your ability to understand the difference between a game and real life is probably skewed.

Might we expect you in a school sometime with KoS policies because you think everyone is out to take "what's yours"?

Tired to see ppl who don't understand it is not a release. It is for debugging.... boring.

In real life, you'd be a shambling zombie. Simple matter of fact. DayZ is popular because it is like it is right now: KoS or not, nobody is giving you rules. Complete and total freedom. That's what makes the game powerful and very very fun.

And this is not an alpha thing. There are not going to be safe zones and the game will still have bugs after release. Period.

Edited by DMZ_Sniper

You know what runs DayZ?  People constantly bitching about DayZ.

Fundamental to DayZ is that every person you meet will likely shoot you on sight for what you have...or because they are psychotic..and nowhere is safe.  I would even go so far as to say DayZ is more like The Crazies than The Walking Dead.  That is to say even most of the players are suffering from the early stages of the disease where they are still coherent...they're just psychotic.

Play as if it's actually you in the game and not some avatar.  IRL, are you going to run by yourself into a bandit occupied army base or a city teeming with zombies and warring gangs?  Fuck no.  Not unless you are absolutely desperate.

Yeah, it's frustrated to be walking along and suddenly BLAM..You are dead!  without warning.  Next time be stealthier and pay more attention to your surroundings. 

And how do people NEVER meet friendly players?  I'd say 1 in 5 people I meet are friendly, at least to the point of not shooting me on sight.  Although the last guy shot me after I took off all my clothes and told him I was going to rape him.  That's understandable.

If you want to collect shit and build a fortress against zombies and have no one shoot at you, play Minecraft.

Wow, I would think total opposite based on your original post.

onorite

it's like saying "I love the color blue accept when it's blue"

trying to sum DayZ up with out Open world PvP and with  safe zones, well your not even talking about DayZ anymore.. your talking about "Infestation/the war z crap/ and other bullshit games that are already out there.

and adding that to DayZ would be taking away the games core. 

right now if you want a safe zone make it.. get 15 of your closes friends goto a city kill the zombies and set up a trading hub.. its a sand box game and your completely free to do just that... but what makes DayZ so great is that the bandits can squad up and come take over your shit if your not bad enough to hold onto it. your not asking for the ability to start your own little society your asking for a completely safe environment to play

1. What would you do in pvp "out" ? aquire gear? no, sorry gear aquisition is conditional to competing with other players.

2. Somethings are not really obvious, is it food poisoning, is it a gastro enteritis? not the same, very similar symptoms.

3. It's surviving, you think the ruins of the fallen world is supposed to be plentyful? you should consider yourself lucky that you're not starving.

4. There is no universal retribution, only man made rules. There is no human life to respect, outside of an ordered society, those concepts mean nothing. As for detective work... good luck with that.

5. Clichee much?

6. You are dead, you do not pass go, you do not get 20000$.

7. Wheren't you ranting about changing the game?

8. If anything it should take several hours but that's IMHO.

9. You're taking this the wrong way, this is a simulation and a social experience, it's not tailored to entertain or be fun but to offer an experience.

1. Trade, log-in/out without worry of spawnkill

2. True, but it does narrow it down a lot more..... losing consciousness due to food poisoning, and loss of blood would on the other hand show VERY different symptoms

3. No I don't think the ruins of the fallen world are supposed to be plentiful, but I don't expect there to be nothing but hats and pants laying around because I'm not server hopping (or in your analogy, changing dimensions)

4. Have you heard of hunting...... Realistically speaking though, if you see that there are bandits in an area, and you decide to sneak up on them and kill them......you face a much lower risk of being caught by them, so yes, killing bandits does have a very practical meaning.

5. Almost everything is in russian.... it is well known that Vodka is a highly consumed product of middle eastern countries that still use Russian as their primary language...... So again, where's the vodka?

6. Your right, because that's totally what I was talking about. And I'm so glad that when I got to New York City, only 40 people are allowed to be on the island at one time....it really helps reduce the traffic.......

7. I was talking about what made day z successfull..... you don't see battlefield taking away vehicles, you don't see CoD removing weapon customization......I'm saying, even though we are getting away from Arma, there was still plenty from the Day Z mod that was considered a staple, important, and I personally feel that the developer needs to remember that

8. Awesome, and you can go to the super sparse survival server, hope you enjoy it

9. Your right, I don't like playing games for fun.....I only want the experience......Are you by chance into "contemporary art"? I'm sorry, but I do play games for fun, and yes walking increases the realism, but eventually you need to be able to upgrade....I just look forward to when that will happen.

onorite

it's like saying "I love the color blue accept when it's blue"

trying to sum DayZ up with out Open world PvP and with  safe zones, well your not even talking about DayZ anymore.. your talking about "Infestation/the war z crap/ and other bullshit games that are already out there.

and adding that to DayZ would be taking away the games core. 

right now if you want a safe zone make it.. get 15 of your closes friends goto a city kill the zombies and set up a trading hub.. its a sand box game and your completely free to do just that... but what makes DayZ so great is that the bandits can squad up and come take over your shit if your not bad enough to hold onto it. your not asking for the ability to start your own little society your asking for a completely safe environment to play

nope...not at all.... try again

In real life, you'd be a shambling zombie. Simple matter of fact. DayZ is popular because it is like it is right now: KoS or not, nobody is giving you rules. Complete and total freedom. That's what makes the game powerful and very very fun.

And this is not an alpha thing. There are not going to be safe zones and the game will still have bugs after release. Period.

Remember that you said that.......

You don't happen to also have a confederate flag and talk about how the south never lost do you? There will be safe zones where trading will be allowed, and if they don't make it to "vanilla day z", they will be on the private servers that people play more often. Don't believe me, just wait and see.....

Oh and by the way, I don't mean entire cities void of zombies and plenty of loot.....I mean one of those super small towns that's been completely barricaded, and they offer trade for those that are looking for something.