Sign in to follow this  
nomad21

What type of Anti-Hack system?

I hear somewhere that dayz is using VAC system for banning. Is that true? 

Additional Anti-hack and Security

Target Delivery: Late 2013

We are working on additional anti-hack to supplement the implementation of VAC. We have been working closely with Valve for VAC as well as our other anti-hack partner. Details of this will be released shortly. The most important thing to remember is that anti-hack is really the secondary defense - the primary defense should be good architecture. We have already identified (and fixed) several key vulnerabilities in the three days since launch. There are more we know about and I am sure more we don't. The purpose of this early phase of alpha is to identify and fix those. As our architecture now relies on the server controlling and adjudicating everything, we can close off locally controlled functions and back doors - which is what we have been doing.

Source:http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

• Like 1

Additional Anti-hack and Security

Target Delivery: Late 2013

We are working on additional anti-hack to supplement the implementation of VAC. We have been working closely with Valve for VAC as well as our other anti-hack partner. Details of this will be released shortly. The most important thing to remember is that anti-hack is really the secondary defense - the primary defense should be good architecture. We have already identified (and fixed) several key vulnerabilities in the three days since launch. There are more we know about and I am sure more we don't. The purpose of this early phase of alpha is to identify and fix those. As our architecture now relies on the server controlling and adjudicating everything, we can close off locally controlled functions and back doors - which is what we have been doing.

Source:http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

so it should be in a week right?

I would hope so if they stick to their word ;)

Not necessarily, Its fair to say that in software development unforeseeable delays are not uncommon.

Especially while they are at a point in development where they are working with probably hundreds of intended features and its very hard to predict the development time for each you can only really give estimates.

As that date is quite broad I would imagine it was not given recently so its plausible with a reevaluation that it may now end up being added later that initially estimated.