Turtle813

Will i be able to get refund

I bought the game because I liked I saw streams and etc when I bought it I try to start running the game and it said that "Shader Model 2 was not supported anymore" I asked around and people said my video card is too old and that I need to upgrade and now I cant play day z and it just there can I get a refund and buy a new game?

No.

Buy a new PC.

• Like 2

I really doubt that you can get a refund for that reason. Would you buy shoes without making sure they fit? Exactly, you should have checked that your computer could run it before purchase.

EDIT:

And your computer must just barely be able to run youtube. If your graphics card is that old i am surprised your even able to start the computer..

Edited by FroztyReaper
  • Like 1

its the first time that I buy a game from steam every other I have downloaded it works so I expected to work theres nothing I can do?

Trolling aside, You should always checks the specifications to games before you buy them, If you were to get a refund this may blacklist you from Bohemia games through Steam.

no I didn't but like I said every other game has worked except this one and only one requirement I guess didn't work it was my video card

its the first time that I buy a game from steam every other I have downloaded it works so I expected to work theres nothing I can do?

Console peasant?

I don't play pc much I play xbox but I saw streams on twitch and just decided to buy it and yea I guess

No. There is no way whatsoever for you to get a refund. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

You can either consider it a $30 loss, or you can upgrade your PC.

no I didn't but like I said every other game has worked except this one and only one requirement I guess didn't work it was my video card

Give us some details on your machine.  Maybe we can help another way.

I bought the game because I liked I saw streams and etc when I bought it I try to start running the game and it said that "Shader Model 2 was not supported anymore" I asked around and people said my video card is too old and that I need to upgrade and now I cant play day z and it just there can I get a refund and buy a new game?

You will have to contact stream, But you agree to stream payments tos so most likely you will not get a refund. Sorry.

What are your PC/CPU/GPU specs?  I.E. how much RAM do you have, what kind/how many processors (dual/quad/etc) do you have at what speed (2ghz/3ghz/etc) and what kind of GPU and what model (graphics card) do you have (nvidia/radeon/etc) and how much dedicated memory (memory that the graphics card has itself, not counting "shared memory" which means it sucks up memory from your pc) does it have (512mb/1gb/2gb/etc)? 

If you are just having problems due to your graphics card not being compatible then you don't need to "buy a new pc" as some other people have suggested, you just need to upgrade your graphics card.  You can get a nvidia gpu with 2gb dedicated memory for pretty cheap these days, 100 bucks give or take.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

I'm certain a refund is out of the question but if you really want to try, you should contact the service you bought it from. Not the forums.

I'm locking this thread before it turns into a free for all pile-on.

More so.

According to the Steam Subscriber Agreement, No. However they usually handle refunds on a case by case basis so contact their Support anyway and they may do a once off store credit as a gesture of goodwill. https://support.steampowered.com/

Edited by SmashT