DeadTooRights

Frustrating for new players like me

I am not having the kind of fun I would like to have with this game right now. I start the game and its dark as hell outside and it seems to never go away. I was expecting daylight after playing for 3 hours and it never happend. I also have a problem with these zombies. I don't understand bleeding to death after getting hit by a zombie once. I have no clue where to find bandages or anything to cure myself. Not to mention, losing these zombies is difficult. I can see the hard work that went into this game being a complete mod of another game. They are doing a great jjob but, Something has to be done asap with the bleeding out and the night time. Also If you can use the flashlight as a melee weapon that would help. If you can I don't know how to do that.

Find a server with daylight (you can filter "daytime" or "24/7" usually those servers are daylight servers). Now, expect to die a lot until you learn the game. Don't let it get to you. Eventually you will become a GOD AT THIS GAME.

Also, find a shirt, and right click on it in your inventory. Then rip it. Now you have bandages.

Also, eat and drink everything you find until your stomach hurts. Never hold onto food or water unless you can't eat or drink any more. Consume it all.

Welcome!

There are a number of 'tips and tricks' posted all over. I will let you in on two specifically mentioned in your post. Your shirt! Open your inventory (tab) drag your shirt to (upper right) over to the left (vicinity). From there you can tear your shirt into rags (you get two rags), those rags can be used as bandages to stop your bleeding.

The day/night cycle is a 24 hour cycle, just like IRL. If you want to play in daylight, the best/easiest way to see if its day or night, is by the number of people connected to the server. A high pop server is probably daylight.

Remember, the game is in alpher.

if this game frustrates you and you cant figure this out,  there is a sale on Steam... get yourself CoD, play that.

Edited by Max Planck
Don't do that.

if this game frustrates you and you cant figure this out,  there is a sale on Steam... get yourself CoD, play that.

If you are not going to be of help like everybody else has been why do you post stupid comments like this? I am not even a PC gamer and I spent $30 on this game because I want to support the developers. Then you come along with tese comments

Didn't know about the shirt thing. I just read that in the new surviors guide too. Thanks for the tip on 24/7 servers as well. I am not really looking to play daylight all the time. Today I was playing the game at 2 o clock in the afternoon and it dark. I plalyed yesterday and it was dark.  Is there a cycle?

That's no way to welcome people to the forums, change your behaviour please.

• Like 3

Watch video's for new players. I didn't like playing DayZ in the start because i thought it was too hard to survive.

Stick in there

Try to see your early lives as learning curves, try things out, don't take death or losing gear too seriously and I'm sure the time between lessons will increase and so will your enjoyment of the game.

Perhaps find someone in a similar situation on the forums and team up or maybe hook up with someone less new that's willing to help.