Ineedscoffee

Hidden northwest military base?

The other day I headed out as far north as I possibly could, I went so far north I actually hit the edge of the map. After that I decided to turn west and went pretty far northwest as well. now I hit a military base surrounded by trees everywhere on a hill. There was a well right in the courtyard, the barracks on the left and actual compound there with the barracks and jail inside.

I'm just wondering if anybody happens though the name of the place, or the name of a town close to there.

It was not an easy trek, as stocking up on water and food is imperative to get there. A fresh spawn will die before he gets that far due to climbing.

Lol,mothered goes my secret little base :p

I wish I had taken some, sadly, I didn't think of it at the time. I've just finished stocking up to head far back out again to try and find it.

Something like this? Not this one

or1fkl.png

Edited by Chauz

That's almost exactly identical to it!

Is it rarely traveled to? I didn't see anyone over quite a time span. Only one zed there as well.

But I used http://dayzdb.com/map#2.094.044 and just checked for greens with an open field and buildings inside setup to have a courtyard :P

I bet after seeing this more people will go there there are a few new military bases around. There is one south between Vybor and Kabanino that is indicated as such but not all are indicated. So check out the map for odd structure positions and you will find some more.

Edited by Chauz

I don't think it was black mountain, I was there and it's a castle, no water supply. I think you wandered into Bashnya. It's actually right on top of the NWAF so it does make me wonder. It's the only place though that would make sense as you described. How many buildings were there? It's a wild goose chase lol.

Look like this maybe? There's a well right in the middle. 

15_14.png

• Like 2

I don't think it was black mountain, I was there and it's a castle, no water supply. I think you wandered into Bashnya. It's actually right on top of the NWAF so it does make me wonder. It's the only place though that would make sense as you described. How many buildings were there? It's a wild goose chase lol.

Look like this maybe? There's a well right in the middle. 

15_14.png

Yea I was checking it out better on the map and I see those are walls instead of structures. Then if its northwest It could be the base I did mention earlier but I cant really remember that base being on a elevated terrain. Only have trees on 1 side of the compound

Edited by Chauz

if it was Black Mountain, you might have no idea of "West" :D, but i'd say it's Bashnya or something not marked on the map

if it was Black Mountain, you might have no idea of "West" :D, but i'd say it's Bashnya or something not marked on the map

I think I don't see him saying the location from where he started, if he logged in Berezino he could of have came across it..

Yeah medic, that's 100% it. Even down to the rusty propane tank I just remembered.

That would be Bashnya if you ever wanna look it up, right up north from the NWAF.

Actually doing that right now.just seems odd no one was remotely around it considering an airfields close by.

I think I don't see him saying the location from where he started, if he logged in Berezino he could of have came across it..

Even if he started at the coast in the east, Black Mountain is not "far northwest"

Seeing as he only has 10 posts I assumed he just started playing and thought he could be thinking it would be "far" for him but not for us. 

But I used http://dayzdb.com/map#2.094.044 and just checked for greens with an open field and buildings inside setup to have a courtyard :P

I bet after seeing this more people will go there there are a few new military bases around. There is one south between Vybor and Kabanino that is indicated as such but not all are indicated. So check out the map for odd structure positions and you will find some more.

Sssshhhh, let them to those who know to read a map!! What's next, you'll tell everyone that the military base north of kamenka has four barracks instead of two visibly placed ones? ... Oh...

I will check that, as far I remember there was nothing there before, I think, but... I am up at NWAF and will check.

Edited by LouisK

Sssshhhh, let them to those who know to read a map!! What's next, you'll tell everyone that the military base north of kamenka has four barracks instead of two visibly placed ones? ... Oh...

I will check that, as far I remember there was nothing there before, I think, but... I am up at NWAF and will check.

Hahaha :P

Indeed I just started a few days ago. It does seem far lol

So how do you like the game so far?

Was a huge fallen earth fan. This game for me is beyond amazing. Survival, you against yourself really does it for me. Sure the ios part can get old, but eh, it passes lol

*update*

Made it to bash, it was the place I stumbled upon. Thank god for that well lol.

Thanks for for the help folks, this is about my favorite spot in the game lol.