mark3236 (DayZ)

M4 Fully modded / Mosin PU+bipod

My pastime was getting a pistol, disinfectant, and handcuffs, then hold up people, cuff them and force feed disinfectants.

Now, I'm attached to my gear. So... my gameplay changed from fun to boring.

P.S. They really really really need to fix the MOA of M4. I have everything on pristine, and can't hit a man sized target while prone with bipods and acog at 150m. That's not realism. That's just WarZ. Actually, I think WarZ had better gun accuracy.

2013-12-24_00002.jpg

2013-12-24_00004.jpg

2013-12-24_00005.jpg

Edited by mark3236

P.S. They really really really need to fix the MOA of M4. I have everything on pristine, and can't hit a man sized target while prone with bipods and acog at 150m. That's not realism. That's just WarZ. Actually, I think WarZ had better gun accuracy.

Looks like your M4 has RIS forend and standard stock. You need lsyhspk.png?1 parts.

Also, just a hunch, try taking the bipod off the M4, how does the accuracy compare then?

• Like 2

Looks like your M4 has RIS forend and standard stock. You need lsyhspk.png?1 parts.

Also, just a hunch, try taking the bipod off the M4, how does the accuracy compare then?

I'm now searching for MAGPUL parts 24/7 now.... Didn't find any yet. I didn't have the time to test it without the bipod. If bipod worsens the accuracy, there's a serious coding problem.

DayZ brought to you by....magpul?

I am a potato.

Thanks for letting me know about the magpul! I now have a pristine magpul handguard with damaged magpul buttstock! magpul all the way.

My whining is over. Enemies' M4s suck, and mine is laser precision killing weapon. I'm happy with that

Go play COD if you want good gun accuracy....we are playing survivors that are not military educated.

Dont try to snipe from a kilometer away with a shitty old soviet union bolt action rifle or with a mid range assault rifle........

DAMN! WHY ARE PEOPLE SO RETARDED?! 

• Like 1

Go play COD if you want good gun accuracy....we are playing survivors that are not military educated.

Dont try to snipe from a kilometer away with a shitty old soviet union bolt action rifle or with a mid range assault rifle........

not hitting a man sized target at 70m is retarded.

Here's something about Game Design 101:

"Hey, your character is untrained. So you won't be able to hit that guy standing over there."

-> This is bad.

Introduce wind effect, weapon jamming and everything. But just don't screw up the accuracy so bad that you can't hit a target at 70m on prone with a pristine M4, and explain "oh, your character is untrained".

In that matter, why the fuck is this 'untrained civilian' alive when every person is a zombie around here? Clearly, the character must have SOME skills.

Oh right, then why is there blood transfusion? That's not a common skill. Oh, and bandaging? are you sure a normal person can treat a bullet wound or a zombie bite?

Come on. Have some common sense.

not hitting a man sized target at 70m is retarded.

Here's something about Game Design 101:

"Hey, your character is untrained. So you won't be able to hit that guy standing over there."

-> This is bad.

Introduce wind effect, weapon jamming and everything. But just don't screw up the accuracy so bad that you can't hit a target at 70m on prone with a pristine M4, and explain "oh, your character is untrained".

In that matter, why the fuck is this 'untrained civilian' alive when every person is a zombie around here? Clearly, the character must have SOME skills.

Oh right, then why is there blood transfusion? That's not a common skill. Oh, and bandaging? are you sure a normal person can treat a bullet wound or a zombie bite?

Come on. Have some common sense.

Oh you cant hit someone on 70 meters? Well I can! Did it often enough at Balota or North of Kamenka Barracks...stop fooling around that you dont have lazer weapons.

And since everyone is allowed to learn how to do medical stuff but not gun mechanics and shooting itself, its quite more realistic to know how to bandage yourself and give someone an injection or set an IV entrance.

Edited by =GS=Quobble
  • Like 1

Oh you cant hit someone on 70 meters? Well I can! Did it often enough at Balota or North of Kamenka Barracks...stop fooling around that you dont have lazer weapons.

And since everyone is allowed to learn how to do medical stuff but not gun mechanics and shooting itself, its quite more realistic to know how to bandage yourself and give someone an injection or set an IV entrance.

... I'm pretty sure the number of people who can shoot far exceeds the ones with medical training IRL. First of all, every male adult knows how to shoot where I come from, I enjoy an occasional clay shooting, but I don't know anyone who can set an IV entrance.

Also, please just try shooting the M4 in a technical manner? I've wasted my precious ammo for this, I suggest you do the same.

Watch this.

"I kill survivors for fun" explains why you cry about this "bad" accuracy.

Anything more to say ?

Edited by =GS=Quobble
  • Like 1

Watch this.

"I kill survivors for fun" explains why you cry about this "bad" accuracy.

Anything more to say ?

That was NOT an accuracy test. For one thing, speaking from experience, you don't have to directly hit the zombie to kill it. I think it's a measure to deal with bad zombie animation and glitching, but just hitting near the zombie will register as a hit.

A proper accuracy (precision) test should be done professionally, in a prone position, bipod deployed, looking at a stationary wall with markings that you can set as reference. I would record the test if I could, but I have magpul stocks now. (And my gun has now turned into a 400+m sniper rifle.)

P.S. "I kill survivors for fun" was my signiture when I got my hands on the barrett a year and a half ago on dayz mod. No need to flame over it.

Edited by mark3236

Now, I'm attached to my gear. So... my gameplay changed from fun to boring.

Don't swap so much and you won't be attached. :P

why the fuck is this 'untrained civilian' alive when every person is a zombie around here? Clearly, the character must have SOME skills.

No, he mustn't. It's just your BIG IMHO. :P Learn lore. It's all about immunity. And where did you get that medical skill somehow affects shooting skill?

with a shitty old soviet union bolt action rifle or with a mid range assault rifle

Another "gun expert". <_<

Edited by Zyryanoff

Well i would say a m4 with bipod,acog in prone aims just fine, maybe you should practice with your shooting methods, anyhow here is a video with m4 accuracy test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7mo2EmzFOQ&feature=youtu.be

I think people like mark3236 are just butthurt because they got killed by a charging survivor which they couldnt kill in time before they rushed them down with a crowbar.

Edited by Guest

I own civilian AR-15 with 12.5" barrel, shorter than a standard M4A1's 14.5" barrel. I have no problem whatsoever hitting my targets at 200m when I'm at the range. I don't consider myself an expert shot by any stretch, and I probably go shooting once every month. There is really no explanation for the atrocious precision of the M4 in game. If they are doing it for game balance purposes, then I'm fine with it. However if they're going for realism, it's laughable.

STOP STOP STOP. Don't you dare say it's easier to insert an IV than it is to shoot one of the most idiot proof guns. God you sound so ignorant right now. Please just.....don't.

Edited by Shadow134

Irony. The M4 is much more accurate than what it is in DayZ and you're right, we are survivors in game and not military educated; but how exactly do people become "experts" in shooting weapons?, Yeah, by training and using weapons.

• Like 1