Sign in to follow this  
gcmboy217

Dont get DayZ if you want to have player to player interaction!!!!

So I'm not downing the game or anything but seriously there is to much bullshit. No person tries to have player interaction. It is not like the videos you watch like Psi or anyone else. The only reason they are not always KOS'd is because they are popular youtubers. For the past 7 lives i have had on DayZ SA, which i hopefully waited for, i have been shot on sight. The last life i was just standing in a firestation unarmed and picking a larger pair of pants, when someone ran in and hit me with a axe. The life before that i just spawned on the coast and was running into a house in kamenka when a guy with a M4 sprinted around the corner and shot me. I literally only had my shirt, pants, flashlight, and battery. And he killed me and ran off. So just telling new people if you are considering buying it and you want those cool player interactions you always see on youtube; don't. DayZ, since a few months after the mod was released, has been a larger deathmatch/ team deathmatch version of COD, Battlefield, etc. This is just a word of advice from someone who wanted the player interaction of getting robbed, robbing, helping people, being helped, and just meaningful encounters but didn't get it. Sorry for anyone who becomes butthurt and throws a bitch-fit in the replies of this. ANNNND to those people.... ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Same thing here, dude. Just got KOS'd when I first logged in on a new server. I had a full backpack of food and water but no weapon at all, neither did I have a motorcycle helmet or anything that would make me look like a threat. I only spent 7 seconds on that server and now a fresh start, again... But still, it's Dayz and I like it that way.

look, pleading with people helps and sneaking helps. also lrn 2 block

Its to bad you did not come across me, I spent all night leading a few guys around the map who were new and showing them the ropes.  Tis but a usual night for me, if you want to meet up and have a different interaction feel free to PM me.

• Like 2

I wouldn't go to this much of a conclusion I have ran in to many friendly players along with many people I robbed but did not kill. It is possible. 

You think popular youtubers don't run into this problem? It's called editing that all out. Add my skype on my profile page if you want a group of so far 6 to play with. We're all having a good time.

As everyone said, youtubers spend a shittone of time recording just to use just a few minutes of their footage, that's not full of retards or KoS. Also, they're popular and some people go full fanboy mode and dont KoS em.

My complain is that everyone forces you to soot him in SA. You ask people to drop their guns and they try to attack you, noone complied so we could have some fun :(

The youtube thing doesn't matter its just random chance, people try to look for patterns or reasoning to everything, patterns don't exist random does.

There's no name tags in the game you don't know who people are you could run into TB or boogie or Pewds or whoever is currently playing the game on YT and never know it, KoS doesn't wait for mic check saying "WAIT I'M PEWDIEPIE; HAIL ME AS YOUR OVERLORD" no they kill on site. If you play the game you should understand dieing IS dayz, if you play to live and loot you're playing it wrong, you will die, it maybe from human interactions, it maybe from lag, it won't be from zombies but it's the experiences of the unknown nature of players that make dayz go from a terribly buggy game with shocking melee mechanics and horrid AI to an insanely great game that nothing else can truly offer.

My 2 cents.

The youtube thing doesn't matter its just random chance, people try to look for patterns or reasoning to everything, patterns don't exist random does.

There's no name tags in the game you don't know who people are you could run into TB or boogie or Pewds or whoever is currently playing the game on YT and never know it, KoS doesn't wait for mic check saying "WAIT I'M PEWDIEPIE; HAIL ME AS YOUR OVERLORD" no they kill on site. If you play the game you should understand dieing IS dayz, if you play to live and loot you're playing it wrong, you will die, it maybe from human interactions, it maybe from lag, it won't be from zombies but it's the experiences of the unknown nature of players that make dayz go from a terribly buggy game with shocking melee mechanics and horrid AI to an insanely great game that nothing else can truly offer.

My 2 cents.

Well there is a little bit of a pattern, dying as a freshspawn. I never have any chance to go "no no no ill give you my med kit" or "no no no dont kill me ill help you get a bloodbag" etc. Its me just walking/ stealthing into a house or just in general around and i just get killed. I dont know how else to explain it. It's more of a disappointment. And i do understand that dying is dayz, but when you die 7 times in a row as someone who doesnt have a way to defend yourself it becomes EXTREMELY disheartening. Just knowing that i dont have a chance to get anything done besides running 400 meters to a door makes you not want to play.

look, pleading with people helps and sneaking helps. also lrn 2 block

Oh i do sneak and like i said i dont have a chance to. It's just they see me and they kill me. And the times i have been killed i cant block, I was unarmed and he came up behind me with an axe. He could have just been like give me what you have or drop all your stuff and then punch me till im knocked out.

Well there is a little bit of a pattern, dying as a freshspawn. I never have any chance to go "no no no ill give you my med kit" or "no no no dont kill me ill help you get a bloodbag" etc. Its me just walking/ stealthing into a house or just in general around and i just get killed. I dont know how else to explain it. It's more of a disappointment. And i do understand that dying is dayz, but when you die 7 times in a row as someone who doesnt have a way to defend yourself it becomes EXTREMELY disheartening. Just knowing that i dont have a chance to get anything done besides running 400 meters to a door makes you not want to play.

Just keep at it you'll learn what to avoid best advice i can give to avoid new spawn killing is loot 2-4 houses max in the 1st town, avoid buildings with stairs that lead to the second floor on the outside of the building and houses made from logs as they are a waste of time and never have loot, just hit a few houses first and then the water tap, spam it till full and leg it the hell out of noobvillie; life's nicer inland!

Once you get in the swing of things the games pretty much easy mode i've only been player killed 4 times one i was AFK, one was i was stupid and i took to long in a military area, one i asked for (was bleeding out) and the last was just an asshole haha. Keep at it you'll get into the groove and player killing won't even be a worry for ya :)

Edited by twingunz

I've owned Dayz standalone for around 3 days roughly and have  had mixed encounters.

The first being at a night time server, a player crept up on me crouching behind a wall but I spoke in microphone letting him know I spotted him, he came out of cover waved at me then we went our own way, or so I thought.. I entered a building and then started hearing bullet impact sounds, the dude who crept up on me was hacking me to pieces with an axe and I died.

There have been the random encounter of meeting a guy with a gun then being shot down like a dog. Then the encounters of being sniped by an unseen enemy and dying as I ran towards the bushes... But then there's been players with guns who approach me after I hold both hands up. One told me to run in a German accent, I started asking them if we can team up, he was repeating "RUN" and I was like "cmon dude we can team up", he takes out an axe and kills me in two swings.. Ok that didn't work..

Then there was one time where I met up with  dude and said hi, while he pointed a gun at me then suddenly he gets shot and killed infront of me, a second player holding a gun approaches from the right, claims he saved me from the first guy as the first guy was trying to kidnap me, I say thanks and run along...

Then there was this time I approached this interesting castle on a hill, noticed a player running around, we're both axe warriors with helmets, I stand in the open until he notices me and he runs for cover, after a minute of hiding from eachother we slowly approach, then suddenly to the left a gun clad, army fatigued warrior stands to our left I suddenly put my arms up to surrender, as the other axe warrior approach he appears to think that I am surrendering to him however as he gets closer he notices the dude with the gun, who then tells us to run away. We both did.

My latest encounter was at the airfieild in the north west. I was fullly armed to the teeth with m4 and plenty of ammo, halfway through the airfield I see two other players together with M4's who appear to be tactically evading me. Seeing this ass a threat I open fire first, they both run into the woods near the aircraft shelters and I don't see them again, but I still cautiously scouted the area with my gun raised before feeling content in their full retreat, potentially to another server to avoid conflict with me...

Anyway these encounters all contribute to a mixed and interesting gaming experience and I look forward to more.

• Like 1

The people I have met have been mostly friendly.  You mileage may vary !

Part of the game.  If you see someone running gun drawn, they probably aren't nice and are nervous.  Someone with a gun shoulder is likely less nervous and may be more inclined to talking.

As for the stupid ax bandits, the are just silly people who like to live fast and leave a good looking corpse.  Avoid at all cost!  Earlier today some goof killed a M4 armed guy I was talking too.  The M4 guy was neutral but this ax bandit hacked him down right before my eyes.  The idiot! Then he tried to loot the corpse as if I wouldn't care!  I blasted the scum.   

Get off the coast. That is where the majority of the KOS'ers are currently.

heres some tips for you

STAY OFF THE COAST

Move inland ASAP

scope out towns from a distance before moving in

AVOID PLAYERS FOR THE MOMENT - theres no real negative impact for killing other players (morality system, emotions, etc.) this is alpha

Play in a group - safety in numbers, people will tend to avoid groups of players

So I'm not downing the game or anything but seriously there is to much bullshit. No person tries to have player interaction. It is not like the videos you watch like Psi or anyone else. The only reason they are not always KOS'd is because they are popular youtubers. For the past 7 lives i have had on DayZ SA, which i hopefully waited for, i have been shot on sight. The last life i was just standing in a firestation unarmed and picking a larger pair of pants, when someone ran in and hit me with a axe. The life before that i just spawned on the coast and was running into a house in kamenka when a guy with a M4 sprinted around the corner and shot me. I literally only had my shirt, pants, flashlight, and battery. And he killed me and ran off. So just telling new people if you are considering buying it and you want those cool player interactions you always see on youtube; don't. DayZ, since a few months after the mod was released, has been a larger deathmatch/ team deathmatch version of COD, Battlefield, etc. This is just a word of advice from someone who wanted the player interaction of getting robbed, robbing, helping people, being helped, and just meaningful encounters but didn't get it. Sorry for anyone who becomes butthurt and throws a bitch-fit in the replies of this. ANNNND to those people.... ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Just keep at it mate, you will have those itneractions eventually if your going to give up after 7 turns you wont find shit here anyway