Sign in to follow this  
Newsflash

Character Wipe with 1.7.2

Although I can get irked at having to respawn at the coast every time I screw up, I think it is time to wipe all character and have everyone start fresh again. There has been quite a few additions to the game that have made it easier/harder to get geared and head north and more than a few people haven't had to experience it because they are already bunkered down somewhere, hoarding all their loot from server hopping, disconnecting, banditing, etc. I know the influx of people without weapons on the coast would be pretty intense and could cause a good amount of complaints so perhaps it would be good to add some spawn points slightly more inland close to some of the smaller towns, at least temporarily.

"Don't get attached to your character," is all fine and good, except it's inevitable when some people have had many a day to get attached without much of a threat and it's as good a time as any to remind everyone that this is an Alpha and we should be testing, not hoarding.

So just becasue you are new we have to lose our stuff?

Shall we have the same post again in the future when you are geared up?

Not sure if retarded, or just trying to troll... Hardly new, and also hardly not geared.

DO NOT attach yourself to your character.

This is a test and part of that test is also starting from scratch. I think a server wipe could be healthy, if only to also test player psychology.

One word from me... F**k off, i have been alive on this this ONE character for nearly 1 WHOLE month, i got 3 cars, pleanty of weapons and gear and NOT looking to restart because you're crying about getting off the coast...

There'll probably be wipes when there's major changes to the database, since there's no reason for them to put too much effort into migrating versions, no real reason to do one without that reason.

One word from me... F**k off' date=' i have been alive on this this ONE character for nearly 1 WHOLE month, i got 3 cars, pleanty of weapons and gear and NOT looking to restart because you're crying about getting off the coast...

[/quote']

I don't think a wipe is necessary, but I would like one just because I think this guy would post some funny threads to the forums if it happened.

One word from me... F**k off' date=' i have been alive on this this ONE character for nearly 1 WHOLE month, i got 3 cars, pleanty of weapons and gear and NOT looking to restart because you're crying about getting off the coast...

[/quote']

Just to see this guy lose it.

+1

I can see where he's coming from. To get all of those things together (legitimately) takes a lot of teamwork and coordination. That being said, I think a wipe would be nice. Sometimes people forget how challenging the game is for the first few days after they've settled into a nice castle with their clan mates for a month.

[/quote']

Just to see this guy lose it.

+1

:'(, please remind me if i see you on a server to shoot you with my M1017 or FN-FAL with thermal optics..? Anyway, i'm going to shoot some faggot noobs in cherno whilst i can before this is considerd, goobye.

[i have been warned for this post - Ubi]

There are positive and negatives to this reset idea.

The positive with everyone starting over then less chance of care over bug issues from patch to patch but---

The con is then you don't have geared characters who could test the hatder to reach content. Plus they can test spawn locations up north and vehicle location /fixing.

If patches were set where they were going to be a week or two I would say yes, on the reset characters but since the patches could cone after a few days it's more beneficial to allow players to keep them to test sections that new respawn players would not be able to test without putting several hours or take a day.

Conclusion is no to reset unless the patch demands it due to old characters will end up buggy so it's just best for the player to respawn.

I hope this outline will help clear up why.

[/quote']

F**k off is two words...:P