Sign in to follow this  
kevotjuh

First hour impression

Well, I didn't know what I expected. But it has litterally been; getting killed as a fresh spawn 2 times in a row. (one by a sniper, and the other a fully geared camper up some stairs. Either they were "scared",or nothing changed.

As for the rest, gameplay seems improved, nice graphics and I like the new loot system.

Edited by kevotjuh

Just make your way away from the coast ASAP. I barely even see any players up north, nevermind deathmatchers.

Just because it's the Stand-Alone version of the game it doesn't mean that the fundamental elements of the game have changed. There's no real change to the core gameplay and people are still set in their ways with the kill on sight stuff. Let the game adapt, and it's only going to get better.

Just make your way away from the coast ASAP. I barely even see any players up north, nevermind deathmatchers.

Death matchers don't like going North because it is where the good people with guns reside.

I've actually been having a blast on all spawns. I immediately find fresh water, sprinting my way around till I do, I hit some food, then book it deep north. The woods and villages provide everything I could possibly need. Zombies? No problem, well aimed punches or blows to the head, they go down, you wail on em.

High end military grade gear isn't needed much out north. I have yet to see another person, as most campers,snipers, etc, are content gearing from military sites, and returning south.

You make the right moves, the game turns into an actual survival game. Scrounging for food, dry clothing in good condition, water containers, maybe a can opener. Picking a town clean, feeling aggravated, worried, that you won't have the supplies to the next town, which could be miles. Or say you arrive at a town, and notice a barracks. Do you enter, knowing someone else there could take what is yours, do you take what is his? Choices choices :p

Yep, my friend finally got his monitor in so he got in the game today. I ran down from Zeleno with my trusty fire axe to meet him and hook him up with food and a canteen. Had 1 dude with a bat, same dude bare fisted, another dude with a pipe wrench and some chick with a knife all within 20 minutes. In Kamenka of all places. If they weren't noobs, they suck.

Good times!

Since the game has come out, I have played on only 1 character. I have encountered around 7 players, all of these were friendly. I have encountered two bandits who tried to kill me, they really did their best, I killed one of them in self defence.

For me this was the best balance. I encounter friendly folk (I think the lack of bullets plays a part here) and the moments someone does start shooting at you.. well thats the thrill of the game!

Here some proof:

Hy5uuB1.png

Edited by James Henry II