Sign in to follow this  
FAAmecanic

Keep loosing all my gear bug

I know this is alpha....I get that.   But 2X in 2 days I just get decently kitted up and the next time I log on I loose all my gear.   Is this a known bug?  Or is it something Im doing wrong?

It happened to me too, everytime I'd relog I would start on the coast again. It fixed itself oddly enough when I looted and got geared up, exited the server, exited to the main menu. Then went back to join the same server and after that I've been able to keep my gear.

And I was not server hopping.  I logged out after playing for 3 or 4 hours to take a break, logged back in and wham...at the beach.

And I was not server hopping.  I logged out after playing for 3 or 4 hours to take a break, logged back in and wham...at the beach.

did you log back into the same server you were playing on?

No....I did not log back on the same server. But that should not matter as it was a offical server, and those servers are on the same hive.

Some servers out there will bump you back to coast every time you join, its a bit of a minefield atm. If you find a server that works id stick with it. Im playing on "-=FOX=- FOX COMPANY GAMING" and its always saved my toon :)

I dont believe some servers do this. Its def a bug. There was a thread on here of a guy who got wiped every time he logged out but his friends didn't, ON THE SAME SERVER. I myself have never had any issues. I even went to the servers they "claimed" were servers that purposely wipe ur gear. I had no issues even with them. So in my eyes, def a bug.

No....I did not log back on the same server. But that should not matter as it was a offical server, and those servers are on the same hive.

Doesn't matter. When my friends and I were attempting to find a server we liked for stability and ping we were switching servers sometimes visiting 3 per day. Gear would be wiped constantly. Since we have stuck to one server we have not encountered a gear wipe.

I dont believe some servers do this. Its def a bug. There was a thread on here of a guy who got wiped every time he logged out but his friends didn't, ON THE SAME SERVER. I myself have never had any issues. I even went to the servers they "claimed" were servers that purposely wipe ur gear. I had no issues even with them. So in my eyes, def a bug.

There is a bug, but it is created by changing servers. It's nice that you heard of someone's cousin's best's friend's roomate who once went to school with your sister who had the issue and totally swears it was on the same server, but I don't think that is a valid source of information. 

Switching servers can cause this bug. Solution: Don't switch servers. 

I've had a similar issue. Couple days ago I tried logging in and out of a couple servers I did it maybe 4-5 times and the last time, character got wiped and semt back to coast. Think the next time I played I tried something similar and maybe on the second or third serever it got wiped again. Don't know if it just didn't like me going in and out of servers or like Karmaterror said, maybve some servers bump you back to the coast. (shrugs)

ts not just when you swap servers though. The first server I chose did it every time you logged back in, after I abandoned that server and found my current I have no issues ;)

I play on SE servers everyday and i have never lost or got my gear wiped.

Oh because someone who posts a bug on here is not a reliable source of info? I guess your post is not either and no one on this forum as well. Has nothing to do with changing servers. I change all the time and dont have this bug. That guy didnt change servers and he still got wiped. Its a bug NOT caused by changing servers. Do some research on here before you try and blast someone.

Oh because someone who posts a bug on here is not a reliable source of info? I guess your post is not either and no one on this forum as well. Has nothing to do with changing servers. I change all the time and dont have this bug. That guy didnt change servers and he still got wiped. Its a bug NOT caused by changing servers. Do some research on here before you try and blast someone.

No, "I heard someone say." is not a reliable source. You might remember it wrong, or they might not have presented the information correctly. Link the statement if you are going to use it as a source. 

I read it on this forum. Where are you quoting me saying "i heard someone say" ? Dont put words in my mouth i never said. Second, USE THE SEARCH BAR you lazy shit. OP can easily type in the search bar to find this post. I however will not search and read through threads for someone else. Especially while im at work, And only have 5 min here or there downtime to check this forum. I also am on my phone and dont even have the option to link your responses to my messages. OP can easily use search function now that they know there is a thread out there that explained what i was saying. Why dont you ask OP to send proof that hes experiencing what he is actually experiencing? Because its a known issue on this forum, and so is what i said.