Scrullet

M4 spawn rate needs a nerf

I'm not sure if this has been covered already and "inb4 alpha".. I know, yes. But it seems everyone and I mean everyone that I have come across has had an M4 because of the insane amount of them that spawn in the new prison cell buildings. They then proceed to gun me down no matter what the situtation. I know KoS is a key part to DayZ. It always has been. I played the mod for hundreds of hours and thoroughly enjoyed it. This to me is more of a death match though. It's very frustrating trying to test the game and what it has to offer when everyone is mass murdering with M4's. Rocket said that guns would be rare and that mele would play a big part of DayZ SA. I really was looking forward to people using only hatchets or baseball bats etc for the most part. Fair enough if the loot tables haven't been balanced yet but it seems that an M4 is easier to come by than say a box of antibiotics which is kind of silly.

Any thoughts?

Its basically one of 3 weapons atm so I guess it was done in favour of testing said guns enough, in alpha. ;)

considering the lack of weapon in the game, when more are added the M4 spawn sites would be tweeked i'd assume

My two cents? Remove all modern millitary weapons. Only civilian/semi-auto weapons please. Soviet style ofc :)

• Like 5

My two cents? Remove all modern millitary weapons. Only civilian/semi-auto weapons please. Soviet style ofc :)

I think they should keep military weapons.  However, I think that the military weapons should be vary rare once they add a lot more civilian weapons.

• Like 2

Loot spawn mechanics are not implemented in the game yet. Discussing "nerfs" to a completely temporary system is a pointless waste of time.

they already said this wont happen

considering if it came down to it in real life, people would convert their semi auto ARs and AKs to full auto.

My two cents is that your two cents suck and are boring.

• Like 2

I'm all with you here dude. The amount of times where I'm out gunned by 3 bandits with M4's and I have a Mosin. The M4 should be made a semi-auto civilian model in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of these high powered military assault rifles.

I think they should keep military weapons.  However, I think that the military weapons should be vary rare once they add a lot more civilian weapons.

Exactly my thoughts. Other than that, ammo should be very rare as well

• Like 2

Well you could at least explain that to me instead of being condecending. Being a little constructive goes a long way.

Loot spawn mechanics are not implemented in the game yet. Discussing "nerfs" to a completely temporary system is a pointless waste of time.

Edited by Scrullet

My two cents is that your two cents suck and are boring.

Something tells me that you should have gotten BF4 instead of DayZ.....

considering if it came down to it in real life, people would convert their semi auto ARs and AKs to full auto.

Ok, I'd like to see you do it... Besides, most people died before they could convert anything to anything, so......

I'm all with you here dude. The amount of times where I'm out gunned by 3 bandits with M4's and I have a Mosin. The M4 should be made a semi-auto civilian model in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of these high powered military assault rifles.

We should start a petition. I'm not saying that full auto should totally be removed, but M4's, Scars or G36 have no - and I mean absolutely NO - place in DayZ.

Edited by Weparo

Not every civilian is a skilled gunsmith though. And I'm sure there will be no Wiki guides during the apocalypse.

It's likely a high spawn rate so Dean and co can get enough information about it so that it can be nerfed/spawn rate changed accordingly.

• Like 1

yet here we are with the M4 assault rifle, and look at the mod all those military weapons, sounds like you bought the wrong game.

I didn't ask for a flame war. I'm pretty new to the forums and I thought I'd bring up a topic that someone could shed some light on for me. But yet I get arrogant responses.

First off 'spawn rate' doesn't exist in this game as it stands. Because of a bug and temporary system literally nothing can 'respawn' on a server without a client or server reset. Zombies, players and items never come back after being picked up.

Now that we have that cleared up the reason why M4's are all over the place is because when a server freshly resets every 2~ hours all the loot respawns, but a large amount of the players who join the game already have the gun, so they are left on the ground. Another reason why M4's are seen as so ridiculous is because out of all the possible loot spawns that happen on server restart there isn't many options.

Take a look at the DayZ Mod spawn chance chart:

rQREzYe.jpg

All those items have a CHANCE of spawning. Now remove 95% of those items and replace them with M4's and 5.56 ammo variants. Obviously you're going to see a massive influx of a single gun when the chance of finding that gun and it's ammo type are literally 80x higher than they were in the mod since there is nothing else to spawn.

This problem will be repaired when we see more weapons added to the game, as most guns require their own ammo type or variant, which will have an equal chance of spawning. This will allow the player to find guns or ammo but usually not together.

Just be patient as this problem will iron itself out. I know its frustrating and I'm right there with you. I find it hard to even enjoy PVP since everybody I kill has no possible chance of dropping anything other than something I already have, and ammo is never an issue.

Edited by CDriVe1335
  • Like 4

Thanks for the response. This explains a lot for me.

It's likely a high spawn rate so Dean and co can get enough information about it so that it can be nerfed/spawn rate changed accordingly.

• Like 1

I didn't ask for a flame war. I'm pretty new to the forums and I thought I'd bring up a topic that someone could shed some light on for me. But yet I get arrogant responses.

too late... :P

so far keeping items "rare" has not worked out in dayzmod... we will see how it is gonna go without duping, though.

i'd prefer to have no modern assault rifles and snipers (AS50 is just too hard) in dayz at all - mozin-like weaponry should be sufficient.

Great response. Thanks for explaining everything. You have my beans!

First off 'spawn rate' doesn't exist in this game as it stands. Because of a bug and temporary system literally nothing can 'respawn' on a server without a client or server reset. Zombies, players and items never come back after being picked up.

Now that we have that cleared up the reason why M4's are all over the place is because when a server freshly resets every 2~ hours all the loot respawns, but a large amount of the players who join the game already have the gun, so they are left on the ground. Another reason why M4's are seen as so ridiculous is because out of all the possible loot spawns that happen on server restart there isn't many options.

Take a look at the DayZ Mod spawn chance chart:

rQREzYe.jpg

All those items have a CHANCE of spawning. Now remove 95% of those items and replace them with M4's and 5.56 ammo variants. Obviously you're going to see a massive influx of a single gun when the chance of finding that gun and it's ammo type are literally 80x higher than they were in the mod since there is nothing else to spawn.

This problem will be repaired when we see more weapons added to the game, as most guns require their own ammo type or variant, which will have an equal chance of spawning. This will allow the player to find guns or ammo but usually not together.

Just be patient as this problem will iron itself out. I know its frustrating and I'm right there with you. I find it hard to even enjoy PVP since everybody I kill has no possible chance of dropping anything other than something I already have, and ammo is never an issue.

• Like 1

Ok, I'd like to see you do it... Besides, most people died before they could convert anything to anything, so......

We should start a petition. I'm not saying that full auto should totally be removed, but M4's, Scars or G36 have no - and I mean absolutely NO - place in DayZ.

something tells me that you should go out and do this shit in real life instead of playing a GAME its a GAME - only civilian weapons? im out. It sucks hard enough that they wont add .50 cal`s.

Exactly my thoughts. Other than that, ammo should be very rare as well

Agreed.  Ammo seems too common.

lol lets nerf everything ! nerf nerfing ! you watch its next i guarentee you !

something tells me that you should go out and do this shit in real life instead of playing a GAME its a GAME - only civilian weapons? im out. It sucks hard enough that they wont add .50 cal`s.

It suck, it suck, it sucks..

You ever shot a rifle? If you greenhorn touch a .50 it 'll rip you right arm right off your torso, so stop complaining.

We should totally have that in game... .50's but if you fire them you loose a limb :D :D

Edited by Weparo