Sign in to follow this  
Tocaefoge

NCP survivors

So i was thinking about this idea, and i don't mean to have such a thing everywhere, jsut a few very rare.... like for example a prison on some remote place ( ye walking dead ) with some NCP survivors, you could go there and try to be friendly maybe offering something, maybe receive some quests in trade for some rare items or just group up with a team and wipe them all and steal their stuff....

I think this game has the potential to be big, but the more i read this forum i get the feeling that people are too stuck on the mod... it was a mod, this is a standalone game, it just needs alot more features, not destroying the hardcore survivor aspects ofc.

Other suggestions:

- Stats page, like how long your character has survived, how much people or zombies you killed, etc ..

- Tents to store items ( i think i have read somewhere that this is coming )

- Clan bases also heard around here, i image big clan wars trying to take each other, that just sounds amazing 

Just sharing some ideas, would like to heard some of you guys too, how u dream the future of this game will look like 

I think its NPC :P Anyway, no there is no plan to put NPCs in the game. DayZ is about players, and player interactions. Tents are to come in the future, and large bases(prolly underground) etc are to be added much much later down the line. 

Edit: Oh god 666 posts...  :o

Edited by Zarniwoop

To build on what Zarni said - Rocket is against all forms of NPC characters in DayZ as he wants it to remain a 100% player driven environment.

NPC area would be camped by bandits anyway, there's a ton of pros and cons. However, I don't see them be added to the SA. If you want those NPC's, go play epoch.

I don't like NPC hostile/friendly characters. NPC trader yea there ok.

Personally NPC ruin the experience.

• Most people you will see will prob just be NPC's
  • NPC can have stupid aim
  • You will never know when your actually going against NPC's or actual players.
  • Being killed by an NPC can make you feel like you just got cheated

Not a fan of them myself

To build on what Zarni said - Rocket is against all forms of NPC characters in DayZ as he wants it to remain a 100% player driven environment.

So basically it is going to remain a pvp game where kids call you a faggot after killing you and teabagging you?

So basically it is going to remain a pvp game where kids call you a faggot after killing you and teabagging you?

If you keep letting kids kill you then yes, it will. :rolleyes:

Yep. I suggest you to move on to another game.

You want storyline, npc's... would you like to have some perks and skill to go with that and some experience grinding for levels... OH and quests!?

Would be so awesome!!

Edited by Zeppa

Personally NPC ruin the experience.

I agree.

NPC trader yea there ok.

I disagree. I think NPCs of any kind are limiting the experience. Encouraging players to trade is a huge field of potential for this game.

There's a risk to encounter that sort of behavior, yeah, but there are chances, too: having memorable or funny moments, establishing friendships or feuds, that sort of thing. With NPCs there's only monotony in my opinion. I do hope Rocket doesn't change his mind about them.

Edited by Tempus

The clan/tribe/legion/pack thing is interesting. Members can have tatoos and armbands to identify each other. Building communities lke that will add meaning to the game and perhaps reduce KOS.

Also greeting (F1), once aknowledged and reciprocated should count as being introduced. Player's name should then appear, (I wana know da traitor creep). KOS and betrayal is very strong in sa, which is so stupid at this stage, where there is no real need for banditry.

Yep. I suggest you to move on to another game.

You want storyline, npc's... would you like to have some perks and skill to go with that and some experience grinding for levels... OH and quests!?

No you're right. I hope this game gets even more "real", tedious, and boring. Walking should be like http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html , when you log out your character stays in game sleeping on the ground and you can be killed, if you get shot once you are basically dead and if you do survive you can't do anything for 3 weeks real time while your character heals. Real sniper rifles weigh like 40 pounds so you shouldn't be able to run with one in your hand and ADS them so easily.