LeoIvanov

Discussion : KoS Mentality and how to keep it to minimum

I find this implication humorously depressing, that immature "kids" seek to face off against human enemies with real intelligence, cunning and unpredictably dangerous behavior while the mature "adults" want to fight the stupid, repetitive, boring and predictable zombies.

Why is "PEE VEE EEE" inherently more mature and respectable than "PEE VEE PEE?" My five year old son absolutely loves PvE games. He plays Minecraft on creative mode because he hates dying. If he had to fight other players, he would be frustrated and angry. The kind of frustration and anger that might make someone post something on a forum insulting the maturity of a group of players just because they choose a different activity in an open-world sandbox game.

It would probably be insulting to point out the irony in the fact that you're insulting "kids" while acting like a five-year-old, so I won't point it out. I'll just lay out the facts and let you settle on the conclusion yourself.

Because for him it's not a game, he identyfies himself with the character. For children aged 5 being killed or being forced to kill someone can lead to trauma and later in life mental problems.

You should be old enough to understad it unless you are lacking certain skills as a parent, Sir!

Edited by Valdee_uk

PvP and KoS are part of the game, for sure, and play a role in the overall scope of the world.

But I'm fairly certain that people who play DayZ primarily to deathmatch have one or two things in common:

1) they're a little dumber than the rest

2) they're crap at other shooters

If I want to frag and shoot stuff up, I'll load up anything from Quake, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2, to Call of Duty or Battlefield.  Those games are exciting, they test your skill, they're fast-paced and fun.

Yet a game like DayZ really isn't even remotely fun in terms of deathmatch, at least not as a primary focus.  Most players who lone wolf it with the single goal to KoS everything are simply too stupid to realize that their experience is subpar at best, when compared to playing other shooters.

One of the points that OP makes though is that the game lacks enough to do.  After you're all geared up, adventured about a bit, besides fighting zombies and surviving and killing or defending yourself from other players -- you're a bit limited for goals in Chernarus.

Not sure what the solution is to take DayZ further and beyond the current scope, to add more depth to it, but that's basically one part of the answer for making the game be a smarter version of itself.

• Like 1

KOS is like the rain, you can't stop it, but you can find way to avoid it, you can stay indoors or wear a raincoat. However it will always be there, always. 

kos is the same in that regard. 

I think I've understood what you were trying to say the first time you replied to this topic. No need to repeat the same sentense in different wording more than once.

You think KoS is inevitable - alright, sure. Doesn't mean we can't make less of it. I already renamed the topic to "KoS and how to keep it to minimum", and deleted the "/remove it completely" part. Your welcome.

Also, Merry Christmas (Us, Russians, don't celebrate it. We do "New Year Eve" instead). On the other news though - I just bought Standalone. So anyone thinking that I'm whining without even trying the game - you can't complaint on the second part now :)

• Like 1

KoS is fine in small doses. At least you can torment people who do it in game to teach them a lesson. It's the combat loggers that really get on my nerves.

a point brought up a few times in this thread is that people are playing like a deathmatch,it  is a shame and does need fixing.

Before you say, 'Dont tell me how to play!', i don't think we are. We just want to balance out things and make it a survival simulator and still a sandbox.

What has happen here is people have come to dayZ with the intention of it being a new shooting game with easy pray (players) and want to learn it as fast as they can an 'GOD LIKE' and once they killed of all the easy player (Who move on to another game, as the keep getting told too), then the killer move onto another new game (no easy kills left), leaving dayz dead (not un-dead). This happens with shooting games alot and that why they don't have a long high life of customers (e.g, sale peak and fall fast)

Good thing we get to see this in alpha :)

• Like 1

a point brought up a few times in this thread is that people are playing like a deathmatch,it  is a shame and does need fixing.

Before you say, 'Dont tell me how to play!', i don't think we are. We just want to balance out things and make it a survival simulator and still a sandbox.

What has happen here is people have come to dayZ with the intention of it being a new shooting game with easy pray (players) and want to learn it as fast as they can an 'GOD LIKE' and once they killed of all the easy player (Who move on to another game, as the keep getting told too), then the killer move onto another new game (no easy kills left), leaving dayz dead (not un-dead). This happens with shooting games alot and that why they don't have a long high life of customers (e.g, sale peak and fall fast)

Good thing we get to see this in alpha :)

Agreed, i came here for a survivalistic aspect of the game (big Stalker fan) not for an online shooter :)

• Like 1

I love KoS players, it creates tension..

KoS right now is the way to play if you want to survive the other players.

I like this tension, to enhance it I would love to remove the predictability that almost all players are KoS players.

I would love more random factors in this game,

random loot spawns

random skill talents

random zombie speed/dmg

random weather effect

random locked doors on houses etc.

anything that prevents a 'way to play'

Imagine fighting a fkn huge basterd ass zombie that just wont die, killing all players one by one,  fuck fuck!!! Ok community, now we need to play together for a bit to get this fucker!   It died! Life can continue as was, some ppl became friends, some became enemies after such a massive event.. it added distortion to the playfield, it added life to the world.  

I want more of these evens, this that break people apart.

Things that makes people huddle together, with the end goal to survive it all for as long as you can.

You think you had it all, camping your position, but there comes something you did not predict, something that was not calculated for because you could not have calculated for it, because this world is unpredictable....

This game can be so much more than just another shooter...

I find this implication humorously depressing, that immature "kids" seek to face off against human enemies with real intelligence, cunning and unpredictably dangerous behavior while the mature "adults" want to fight the stupid, repetitive, boring and predictable zombies.

Why is "PEE VEE EEE" inherently more mature and respectable than "PEE VEE PEE?" My five year old son absolutely loves PvE games. He plays Minecraft on creative mode because he hates dying. If he had to fight other players, he would be frustrated and angry. The kind of frustration and anger that might make someone post something on a forum insulting the maturity of a group of players just because they choose a different activity in an open-world sandbox game.

It would probably be insulting to point out the irony in the fact that you're insulting "kids" while acting like a five-year-old, so I won't point it out. I'll just lay out the facts and let you settle on the conclusion yourself.

Im sorry let me rephrase it so you understand a kid to me can be 35 yrs old his mentality is still child like probably from the years of living in his moms basement being treated like a child and my 5 yr old son plays these games also and is more mature then alot of the so called adults if you think age makes you not a kid your wrong and the adults dont just fight zombies they also kill players that act like kids the one who play this game like its a twitch shooter killing everything they see while telling themselfs there a boss YOLO SWAG lol

Edited by shister313

its Dayz its supposed to be reliant on Player intervention (and zombies) but mostly the players and KOSing is part of it sure but DayZ SA is fucking full of it, its horrible the fact that people Shoot on sight is because they don't want to Help people, they're mostly selfish and if it you do want to play a KOS game mode than play Wasteland or Battlefield 3.5 if you only want to kill, or kill your own friends since you "can't trust anyone enough." Even rocket put in a Hailing emote, for people to be more friendly.