Sign in to follow this  
James Henry II

Question about FPS

Hello,

I have a problem with the FPS I am getting in the standalone. When playing the mod, I get 30 FPS most of the time, the standalone however.. only gives me 12-18 FPS. I am not sure why this is.. I think the settings are basically the same.

Any idea what causes this?

DqLdYg8.png

Edited by James Henry II

This helped me alot. It gave me decent fps even in big cities. Especially the variables of the dayzprofile file like scenecomplexity etc..

There are a few files which can be tweaked on your system that will give you a performance boost. First of all you want to locate ‘My Documents\Dayz\Dayz.cfg‘. You can edit this file in ‘notepad’ or any other text editor. Open it up and edit the following:

• GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1 - set this to 1.
  • GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1 - set this to 1.

now you want to open another file, you can locate it at: My Documents\DayZ Other Profiles \<your profile>\<name>.dayzprofile’. You can edit this file in ‘notepad’ or any other text editor. Open it up and edit the following:

• sceneComplexity=100000 - this number affects your object details. Setting it anywhere from 50000 to 20000 can improve performance significantly.
  • shadowZDistance=250  - this number affects the distance at which shadows are drawn, setting this to a lower value will increase FPS.
  • preferredObjectViewDistance=1000 - this number affects the distance in metres that the engine will draw objects. A lower number will greatly improve performance.

- See more at: http://dayzintel.com/dayz-standalone/dayz-standalone-performance-guide#sthash.WLv8Qbpk.dpuf

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply mate, it didn't do much for my fps though.

These are my settings.. any idea why I get double the fps in the mod?

DqLdYg8.png

also take your Rendering Resolution to (125%)

they say going up helps

also take your Rendering Resolution to (125%)

they say going up helps

That didnt do the trick for me sadly :(

Try textures auto-normal-normal and put the HDR on very low.  

Tried it, nothing special happend, but ill keep it like that thanks.

Disabling Ambient Occlusion gives a massive boost as well with "low hdr" setting. It doesn't sacrifice too much graphic quality and the FPS boost is massive!