insyncgamer

Quick Question on buying Alpha

Im guessing if buy the pre alpha Ill then have to repurchase the main game when it is realeased as finished? I imagine this is the case but never really brought any games in apha so from the little I do know thats what I'm thinking but I know someone here will know for sure. :)

Im guessing if buy the pre alpha Ill then have to repurchase the main game when it is realeased as finished?

Easy: No.

What is the pricing model?

The game will get more expensive as it moves through its development, starting out fairly cheap and rising in price as its matures and more features get added. When you buy it once, you will have access to the whole DayZ Game. No decision or information exists about DLC or anything like that, but we can confirm that DayZ will not feature in-game purchases.

Source: rocket @ http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153994-early-access-important-information-known-issues/

Welcome to the forums :)

I really don't get why some people get the idea they are going to have to buy the game all over again when it's fully released?

You bought the game, it just so happens that the game is very early in it's development stage. You still bought it and have access to any and all future updates.

Do some games really charge you later for the full release? I am genuinely interested as i see this question pop up every so often

Hello there

I have had to buy my way into a beta test before and have it *time out* on release of the full game.

The game shall remain nameless as it's one of my favourites, but its not a model I personally approve of.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

Hello there

I have had to buy my way into a beta test before and have it *time out* on release of the full game.

The game shall remain nameless as it's one of my favourites, but its not a model I personally approve of.

Rgds

LoK

Thanks for the reply! I have personally never heard of such business model, it's really odd. And not in a good way

• Like 1