mfratane

Epoch in SA.

For me, Epoch was the most ridiculous MOD in the history of DayZMOD. Is there any possibility of it coming to SA?

For me, Epoch was the most ridiculous MOD in the history of DayZMOD. Is there any possibility of it coming to SA?

Hopefully not. Epoch is not anywhere near the vision of what DayZ should be.

• Like 8

I don't get it. Why hopefully not?

If you didn't like it I wouldn't see how it affects people who dont play it.

Because it's not in teh DayZ spirit. If you wish to play Epoch, why not play it as an Arma 2 mod?

Different mods for this game promote private servers, which i'm really not a fan of

I don't get it. Why hopefully not?

If you didn't like it I wouldn't see how it affects people who dont play it.

1. I can't avoid it when it's implemented in DayZ, whereas I can avoid the mod. Leave it to the mod and leave the SA alone.
  2. You didn't even read my post, as it answered your question of "Why not?":

Hopefully not. Epoch is not anywhere near the vision of what DayZ should be.

• Like 1

Because it's not in teh DayZ spirit. If you wish to play Epoch, why not play it as an Arma 2 mod?

Different mods for this game promote private servers, which i'm really not a fan of

But even Rocket was talking about he cant wait to get the modding community in this to see what they come up with.

The awesome thing about mods. There not supposed to hold true to the original image of a game. That is the beauty of mods.

I remember seeing mods turning Unreal Tournament into a racing game.

"true to the image" is irrelevant when you look to play a mod.

Mods get upgraded alot when a new version of a game comes out. So to say "oh just play the arma 2 version" is just ignorant really.

1. I can't avoid it when it's implemented in DayZ, whereas I can avoid the mod. Leave it to the mod and leave the SA alone.
  2. You didn't even read my post, as it answered your question of "Why not?":

See the above.

Edited by RoanValorin
  • Like 1

Why not? It would help Dean Hall to get his ass up :P

I personally hope that the game wont have modding tools...Spreading the playerbase out so much like in the mod is something that leads to no good on the long run.

I personally hope that the game wont have modding tools...Spreading the playerbase out so much like in the mod is something that leads to no good on the long run.

Kinda, but if some people are aren't getting their feature fix would just stop playing anyway probably move back to the mods mods. Making the vanilla community probably about that much smaller aswell.

But from the horses mouth, there will be mods for dayz. as thats something rockets looking forward to.

None. Go check on the Epoch site, they are going in a slightly different direction. 

• Like 1

Why not just play DayZ mod Epoch servers if you like them so much? No need to mess with the SA.

Ho ho hold the fuck up.  Some people get more out of playing the game. Some people get more out of programming a game.  This is Win-Win people!  Innovation is key to everyone, and mods of the SA are a great idea.  Epoch is a beautiful distraction, and while not the nail biting experience with DayZ, it is quite fun to access so many vehicles.

DayZ SA is not an end.  It's a milestone.  Have you even heard of the Oculus Rift?

I'm this --> <--- close to making an arduino activate a servo to trigger a taser when I get shot in the SA.  That's realism!

Epoch was dayz on steroids. Having the ability to collect resources and build/create custom player structures within the world added months of gameplay for a lot of us who were burned out 100x on vanilla dayz. it was basically mindcraft for dayz. lol

Would love to see it's features come to SA.

Edited by BigCountry

Would love to see it's features come to SA.

Dean had mentioned that "base building" and crafting would eventually be something coming into SA but not at first. Core gameplay down then adding in the goodies. 

of course.

AI needs the most work. it needs all his attention. it better at least. the current AI is down right embarrising...lol

What's with all this hate on Epoch...? How would it ruin SA? It's not like adding Epoch would cause Vanilla to cease to exist.. Everyone likes different things, alot of you here obviously hate Epoch, but I bet there are some that might even hate Vanilla because of how easy it is to get to the endgame there. Certain Epoch servers have AI missions, basebuilding, disabled traders (something I appreciate, survival shouldnt be something you can simply buy). However with the extra weapons, vehicles and rarities that Epoch (and ofcourse other mods like Origins) features, theres a much further endgame than you'd find in vanilla dayz. IMO it's not really fair that you should simply stop others from experimenting and modding their servers for the simple reason that you don't like it. You people should rather just stick to the servers you like and leave the modders to do their thing.

The only new stuff i want after Sa full release are maps like taviana and namalsk.