Sign in to follow this  
lord3n

Has anyone tried to start a group of friendlies? to combat KOS players?

I found a group you talk about, a group who helped noobies, they gave me a weapon and I killed them all and took their shit

You're playing to show people KoS isn't necessary, but if nobody KoS'd then what you're doing would be completely useless and you would basically be left with "nothing to do," as you say.

People KoS'ing gives you a purpose in the game, by your own admission. Why would you want to get rid of it? That's completely self-defeating.

If everyone's a Hero, nobody is.

I don't want to get rid of KoS. I want to reduce it so it's not a deatmatch game like Call of Duty. Just add a table with player's kills/death ratio and a score under TAB button, and you just created CoD with a huge ass map. KoS'ing in order to survive is good, but KoS'ing because I'm bored and I have shitloads of ammo and guns anyway so I can kill as many people as I want is bad. Yes, there is nothing to do other then KoS'ing now, but I hope it will change later when tons of new things will be added to the standalone, so that players will have things to do other than KoS

Edited by Gdaddy22

An unknown person ran towards you with a weapon. You neutralized the threat. If you were a cop IRL that would certainly be a justified shooting.

LOL wtf? I don't think Police protocols really apply to a zombie apocalypse, ya know, since everyone has a tendency to arm themselves, might have something to do with all the flesh eating zombies running around.

People who shoot you if you have a weapon are just as bad as the KOS people. What's next? "He had a backpack! Might have some weapons in there!"

-----

Honestly, killing the kill on sight people will just fuel the fire. They're only going to regear and come back for more. You've essentially challenged them at their own game.

If you want to fight KOS, play the part of the naive survivor who doesn't know any better than to approach people. Take the death, rinse and repeat. Eventually people will get bored of killing unarmed players who don't fight back, especially when all they get is a flashlight and battery.

Edited by bad_mojo

I don't want to get rid of KoS. I want to reduce it so it's not a deatmatch game like Call of Duty.

It's already not that. So, congratulations I guess? It never was that so your mission was a little misguided though. KoS has always been a hugely overblown problem. Even in the mod when it was "completely out of control" it only accounted for like 15% of player deaths.

KoS'ing in order to survive is good, but KoS'ing because I'm bored and I have shitloads of ammo and guns anyway so I can kill as many people as I want is bad

That's a fine opinion, but understand that that's all it is. Your notions of what's "good" and "bad" are your own and have no bearing on anyone else.

Everyone always says this, but it's completely senseless at the moment because you never need to kill people to survive. There's an infinite supply of food and water and medicine. It literally appears on the ground. So there's never a "real" reason, in your opinion, to kill people. It's never necessary. It's always just for fun.

So if everyone who didn't "need" to kill stopped doing so then there would be no more killing.

Then we would all just be standing around listening to the birds chirp, scratching our ballsacks and sniffing our fingers.

I'll give that grand vision of DayZ a big fat pass, thank you very much.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Eventually people will get bored of killing unarmed players who don't fight back, especially when all they get is a flashlight and battery.

I promise you that's never going to happen. I promise.

I promise you that's never going to happen. I promise.

I should have put "some people" because of course you're not going to turn everyone away from killing. But there are some that will feel bad and might not do it again.

It's not like I make it my mission to get killed on sight by people. I just don't really care if they do. The times that I don't get killed on sight are usually really friendly or interesting bandit experiences. So it's a win/win in my mind.

The problem with KoS is that it exists not only because it's an only way to survive, but because there is nothing else to do in the game after you find weapons. 

Yet. As the game adds more stuff to do kos should die down a bit.

Everyone always says this, but it's completely senseless at the moment because you never need to kill people to survive. There's an infinite supply of food and water and medicine. It literally appears on the ground. So there's never a "real" reason, in your opinion, to kill people. It's never necessary. It's always just for fun.

For now yes. I think it's been said over 953 times that items are going to be much more rare in later versions of alpha

It's already not that. So, congratulations I guess? It never was that so your mission was a little misguided though. KoS has always been a hugely overblown problem. Even in the mod when it was "completely out of control" it only accounted for like 15% of player deaths.

That's a fine opinion, but understand that that's all it is. Your notions of what's "good" and "bad" are your own and have no bearing on anyone else.

Everyone always says this, but it's completely senseless at the moment because you never need to kill people to survive. There's an infinite supply of food and water and medicine. It literally appears on the ground. So there's never a "real" reason, in your opinion, to kill people. It's never necessary. It's always just for fun.

So if everyone who didn't "need" to kill stopped doing so then there would be no more killing.

Then we would all just be standing around listening to the birds chirp, scratching our ballsacks and sniffing our fingers.

I'll give that grand vision of DayZ a big fat pass, thank you very much.

Didn't I say that it wouldn't work in this  version of Standalone alpha we have right now because there is nothing to do other than KoS ? And I'm only talking about the final version when there is lots of things to do other than KoS, so we wouldn't have to listen to birds and scrath our ballsacks.

Also I hope that devs will make zombies more powerful so we would have to teamwork with someone in case we're wounded or surrounded (we wouldn't HAVE to, but it would be much safer and easier)

Edited by Gdaddy22

I believe the best way to improve this KOS stuff is to make people rely on each other. Make it so 2 or 3 guys can't effectively run around and thrive. If we get some mechanics in the game to encourage large (5-10 player) groups to roll together, the game would change for the better. Single players wouldn't be looked at like a walking loot bag, rather they would become potential recruits. If you killed him, he might join up with another group, making them stronger and your group weaker.

For now yes. I think it's been said over 953 times that items are going to be much more rare in later versions of alpha

RIght, okay? You understand what you're saying, right? That as the Alpha goes into later versions, KoS will become more common because items will be more valuable?

Right now people KoS because they're bored and it's fun. If they actually needed the items from players? Holy shit you better bend over and grab your ankles.

But, anyway, where are any of these 953 times? Right now loot only respawns on server restart and that's not the long term plan, so I don't see how most common items will become more rare. They will be more common.

LOL wtf?

Missing the point in 3, 2...1

Oh now I get it. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire DayZ community for the many times you've been killed by other players.

Any Bambi's trying to build an alliance----Be warned----   :p

odq9L9U.jpg