Sign in to follow this  
Miles92

SA Inventory and Clothing/Equipment suggestions

Hi

I've put around 35 hours into SA now and have a few ideas based around real life which would make sense to have in the game and add more thought and depth to equipment.

On the inventory screen you see your different clothing items have different slots and at the moment clothing items are just extra slots for gear. I suggest that where you put your items for example a magazine or a bandage make a difference like if you have a tac vest on and your magazines are in there your reload should be quite quite but if its in your bergen/backpack your character would have to take a knee and open it making the time it took to reload much longer. I also think this should be the same for anything in your bergen/backpack if you want to access it you have to physically open it not just open the inventory screen you should only be able to access what you have on your persons i.e tac vest and pockets.

I think belt kit should be added as well because there more common that chest rigs in reality and they could be modular for example you could find different size pouches or pouches similiar to the containers that suit a certain role like a med pouch, ammo pouch, water bottle pouch, utility pouch and so on. I think this would add variety to the level of customisation a character can have as there are many different types not just military like hunters, police, backpackers, EMTs and probably quite a few more. They could start as basic as a belt and a pocketknife or flashlight pouch.

with these suggestions i think the hotbar should be changed to only allow you have on there what is on your person.

What do you guys thinks?

• Like 1

You got my beans for the first part about functionality of keeping items in easy-access pockets, and an animation to go through the bag would be awesome too. I hope they throw this in eventually but for now the zeds need their fixing first imo.

But like i said, love that idea...

p.s. PHANNY PACKS FTW!

I agree zombies need to become a danger first but before full release i think little touches like this would really add to the game.

Edited by Miles92