Miza

Got killed by 4 guys who said they were friendly, what a joke...

to all the wisely guys saying "dont trust anyone": so KOS is the only option then -> well done u got a survival shooter without communication (why is there even a voip function then? oh yeah because dayz should be more then just shooting anyone who apears in front of u), great... this group was just a punch of dickheads shooting everyone they dont know, there should be a punishment implemented asap because 80% of the people act like total ideots if they havent any rules (laws) preset which they have to follow. (now the stage is open for the "this is only a game" and the "omg u cant restrict my gamestyle just because i shoot everyone" flamers)

I was running around cherno, two guys seen me run up to me said they're friendly and not going to kill me, then another two joined them, they told me to stop and then executed my 12 hour old character.

Fuck DayZ, I'm going back to BF4

Lol, most unintentionally hilarious post award.

I wrote a Survivor's Guide for DayZ SA (in my sig), might be handy.  There's a section on "player diplomacy."

I remember reading the number 1 rule if dayz "never get attached to your gear"

Besides who goes to Cherno not expecting to die or be a bandit?

to all the wisely guys saying "dont trust anyone": so KOS is the only option then -> well done u got a survival shooter without communication (why is there even a voip function then? oh yeah because dayz should be more then just shooting anyone who apears in front of u), great... this group was just a punch of dickheads shooting everyone they dont know, there should be a punishment implemented asap because 80% of the people act like total ideots if they havent any rules (laws) preset which they have to follow. (now the stage is open for the "this is only a game" and the "omg u cant restrict my gamestyle just because i shoot everyone" flamers)

What laws apply when the world has ended? IRL i would size people and either KoS to protect my own, or invite them to join. 

What laws apply when the world has ended? IRL i would size people and either KoS to protect my own, or invite them to join. 

thats right but i dont think u can live well knowing u have murdered someone

I was running around cherno, two guys seen me run up to me said they're friendly and not going to kill me, then another two joined them, they told me to stop and then executed my 12 hour old character.

Fuck DayZ, I'm going back to BF4

Doesn't help you much now - but trust no one. Only your IRL friends.

PS: Trust no one doesn't equal kill everyone.

Edited by icedon

thats right but i dont think u can live well knowing u have murdered someone

I think allot of people would disagree. (war criminals, serial killers and shitload of other people)

Lol, most unintentionally hilarious post award.

I wrote a Survivor's Guide for DayZ SA (in my sig), might be handy.  There's a section on "player diplomacy."

Lol, player diplomacy would sure help, if someone's willing to kill somebody, he will kill him no matter how skilled in diplomacy he is.

Come back when Zombies are in the game. ;)

^This.

When there aren't just three guns in the game, more Zombies and a bigger reason to live...

Lol, player diplomacy would sure help, if someone's willing to kill somebody, he will kill him no matter how skilled in diplomacy he is.

Well. If you read it, it basically warns you that KoS or backstabbing for loot is likely to happen. That's why I said "player diplomacy" with the ominous quote marks.

Hall revealed that his favorite story was that of the black widow. "There was this girl who would send out an SOS message over global chat by voice, so guys could tell she was a girl, saying she needed help in a church," he said. "So the guys would come in and she would shoot them and loot their bodies, and he'd post the videos of it on the internet. That to me was just brilliant."

Can I have your stuff?

Oh, wait, this is DayZ...

Seriously though, the whole point of DayZ is that there are no rules.  Take it or leave it.  Enjoy it for what it is.  Click the respawn button and get them back, or pretend it never happened, or play the bandit next life.

But don't complain that some meanies killed you.  That's just life...in DayZ.

If you play DayZ you have to choose between 2 things

-Avoid other players

-Get killed

Option three: find other players to play with.

Of course, to do that you need to put a tiny bit of effort into finding other people who want to do the same thing you do and joining up with them. Don't expect to accomplish this by just running up to random strangers in the game and flailing your limbs around like a wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tubeman. Oh, and don't expect to accomplish it by crying incessantly on the forums about how it's not possible. Neither of these methods will prove effective.

KOS is not the only option...

Hiding is an option. Running is an option.

Assessing the situation based upon the level of threat and acting accordingly is an option.

Trusting is an option too, but you shouldn't get surprised if this ends up with you being dead.

After reading one of your posts, I think I know why you took a 12hr character to Cherno.

"So once you got the gear you want and need food/water/gun/ammo ect what do you do? I'm just running around the coast harassing n00bs telling them to give all their food and water to me or I kill them, what do you do?"  

Edited by AtomQuark

After reading one of your posts, I think I know why you took a 12hr character to Cherno.

"So once you got the gear you want and need food/water/gun/ammo ect what do you do? I'm just running around the coast harassing n00bs telling them to give all their food and water to me or I kill them, what do you do?"  

So... irony is an interesting word, huh? :)

Hey look. Another 'I got butt hurt by someone that said they were friendly' thread. How original.

DayZ is a game of getting over lost work, decision making and not trusting people.