Sign in to follow this  
drew.williams04@yahoo.com

Hero/bandit skin perks idea

Just a random idea, might be a little too harsh and hard to implement but what if having the hero skin allowed you to equip the best military grade weapons while being a bandit allowed you to only use generic weapons found in towns and cities.

Or hero skin allows you to move more silently, reload quicker, or catch your breath faster when aiming etc. while bandits are at a disadvantage by being louder and attract more zombie attention or something, I dunno. I'm stuck at work and just bored, throwing out ideas.

Also trying to think of some ideas to give the game a little bit of a goal to go for other then just gear. Like perhaps having towns that are so thick with zombies you couldn't possibly infiltrate it alone. Or maybe a town with a fatal gas leak that would require you to get a gas mask to go through it and have some nice gear in it.

What about if they added an ability to make a lfg tag under the players tab or something. Obviously there would be traitors but part of the game right. Surely not everyone would betray.

Again, just random ideas to maybe improve the game if anyone else finds the interesting enough to want added. Later

No. NO. NO!

Stop posting these ideas, they've been suggested often enough, IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if i'm ready to play another...

Call Of Z

Sorry plz keep the ideas coming ;)

Why force someone to play the game as YOU like?

I mean, making heroes OP and bandits suck, it'll just destroy the game. TBH, even with pistols bandits will find a way to murder people, but still, it's just stupid. DayZ is so great cause of the bandits. Yes, constant KoS is annoying, but if you want PvE only go play Dead Rising or rent your own server and enforce your rules.

• Like 1

I love pvp, I don't want it to go away at all. It's why I play. Was just merely suggesting some ideas is all

If they're bad ideas than they're bad ideas, I'm not going to be offended or anything, I'm just trying to throw out some ideas that might catch people's attention or even better, inspire other ideas in other people. All I want is to help improve the game as much as possible because i truly want this game to be a huge success. I've never had a game give me the adrenaline rush this game gives me and since it's alpha anything is possible still. I'm not trying to beat any dead horses or annoy anyone. If some of the ideas I listed were already suggested then I apologize. Just trying to help get people's thoughts and ideas going.

I just feel like this game has a huge potential for a very in depth goal other then just gear. But if the majority of players don't want it that way then I'm not one to argue its wrong or bad. I love this game and will continue to play it for a long time, even if it stayed how it is right now

Edited by Stinkfist

The consensus has been that if you are to implement a hero/bandit skin then the only effect of this needs to be the reaction of other players towards you. Artificial effects like movement speed, aiming precision and restrictions on weapon use are considered arbitrary. Why not let the bandits be the ones to use the military grade weapons? They obviously have more experience with them.

The general feeling is also that trying to socially engineer the player base into being more kind to each other with perks is a bad idea. Player behaviour really ought to be decided by the players, for good or for bad.

You talk about the mod right? The hero can run faster and he has a kevlar vest.

The easiest way to make players want to be with other players is through the game content, difficulty. Right now, once you get used to the new loot system (as in where to find what), that's it. Save for getting shot or AFKing to come back to your character being turned into zombie food, you're good sailing. This will make people become bandits just for sake of wanting something to do.

You can't give benefits or punishments to a certain style of game play.

We can only really address the idea of killing on sight when the game has the appropriate amount of content released. As in, hundreds upon hundreds of more zombies. I'd love it to be near impossible to loot big cities because of the horde of undead romping around like a bunch of school-yard thugs.

Right now there are about four zombies on the map. Tom, Bill, that bitch Stacy and Robert, they go to the pub every so often and talk about their lonely undead lives. Until they fix and add more zombies, and by more, I mean a metric-fuck-ton, it will be hard for players with shorter attention spans to do anything other than shoot first. Like the guy who shot my friend who had just spawned in yelling "DIE FUCKING FUCK FUCKER" (literally) in direct chat.

I shoot folks if I need to, otherwise I generally avoid contact with people. Like the other day, someone surprised me, he opened the door right in front of me as I readied to leave the building and ate a good 28 rounds to the midsection in a startled "Oh shit!".

But as the game is now, in its infancy, there is very little incentive for working with other players.

A good simple way of looking at it is like this: The question is about WANT. Do I WANT to work with another player? If you make that question a statement and made it: I NEED to work with that player, otherwise none of us will get any loot because of the zombies. Then you might start to see the dynamic of the game change. Groups of survivors teaming up, and even groups of bandits teaming up, and so forth.

I would like to se some skin for a bandit or hero so that when you see them in game you can tell visually if they are dangerous or have been killing / holding people up. I would wear the bandit skin with pride :-). I don't think there should be any penalty though for each just a different visual look.

Just a random idea, might be a little too harsh and hard to implement but what if having the hero skin allowed you to equip the best military grade weapons while being a bandit allowed you to only use generic weapons found in towns and cities.

Or hero skin allows you to move more silently, reload quicker, or catch your breath faster when aiming etc. while bandits are at a disadvantage by being louder and attract more zombie attention or something, I dunno. I'm stuck at work and just bored, throwing out ideas.

Also trying to think of some ideas to give the game a little bit of a goal to go for other then just gear. Like perhaps having towns that are so thick with zombies you couldn't possibly infiltrate it alone. Or maybe a town with a fatal gas leak that would require you to get a gas mask to go through it and have some nice gear in it.

What about if they added an ability to make a lfg tag under the players tab or something. Obviously there would be traitors but part of the game right. Surely not everyone would betray.

Again, just random ideas to maybe improve the game if anyone else finds the interesting enough to want added. Later

Dumb idea, really dumb.

We can customize the look of our characters, skins will remove that so NO THANKS. Enough of the bandit\hero bullshit the whole point of the game is that you judge by yourself whether to trust people or not and the whole hero\bandit skin ideas will kill that. 

• Like 1

We can customize the look of our characters, skins will remove that so NO THANKS. Enough of the bandit\hero bullshit the whole point of the game is that you judge by yourself whether to trust people or not and the whole hero\bandit skin ideas will kill that. 

I agree, No Hero/Bandit skins that shit is like participation trophies. i'd suggest bandits start to have mental breaks/paranoia most serial killers lose their shit. Heroes be more strong willed or some shit.