Sign in to follow this  
drew.williams04@yahoo.com

Playing with friends

So my question is, if you have friends on your steam account who play dayz and you both start a fresh character do you spawn in the same location?

Trying to get a friend of mine to buy the game and I'm pretty sure it doesn't do that, but just wondering. And if it doesn't, would that be possible to do? Would anyone else want that to be implemented?

So my question is, if you have friends on your steam account who play dayz and you both start a fresh character do you spawn in the same location?

Trying to get a friend of mine to buy the game and I'm pretty sure it doesn't do that, but just wondering. And if it doesn't, would that be possible to do? Would anyone else want that to be implemented?

No, you will spawn in random locations. It will never be implemented.

Selected spawn locations no not really.

Last thing i want to see is 6 newcomers spawning on the beach. "Like they are ready to invade Normandy"

I won't let them take me alive... If only we had cars..... Preferred option of suicide below ;)    

Tmhhuvc.jpgDayz disclaimer "You have a weird taste in your mouth"

Edited by Aussie Bogan
  • Like 1

Selected spawn locations no not really.

Last thing i want to see is 6 newcomers spawning on the beach. "Like they are ready to invade Normandy"

I won't let them take me alive... If only we had cars..... Preferred option of suicide below ;)    

Tmhhuvc.jpgDayz disclaimer "You have a weird taste in your mouth"

Your comment made me laugh hard and to stay an hour for annoying the teacher. here, have my beans.

• Like 1

It would be awful if that was the case. I'm guessing you are quite new to DayZ but in the Mod it was common practice to get killed in a protracted firefight only to run to your base, bypassing actual loot spawns, to gear up and rejoin the fight in the same location. It would be far, far worse if you respawn next to your fellow squad members. Not to mention immersion breaking. It's pretty obvious that the devs are seeking to make a clear division between your character and his/her previous "lives", this would only make them seem like a continuous whole.

If you want to meet your friend as they spawn in, half of the fun is trying to orienteer him to the right location alive and reasonably geared. Spawning him in at a high profile Northern location with rifles and loot galore is only going to detract from the experience of discovering the map for themseles.

• Like 1

Your comment made me laugh hard and to stay an hour for annoying the teacher. here, have my beans.

Sorry about that :/

here's my beans for getting you in trouble ;)

Sorry about that :/

here's my beans for getting you in trouble ;)

nahh its ok. sended my friends this topic and your comment.

now i have company! :D

If you want to meet your friend as they spawn in, half of the fun is trying to orienteer him to the right location alive and reasonably geared.

Quoted for truth.

Rolling around with some folks I found through the forums, and it was great learning how to navigate the map. Having to pay attention to landmarks and signs to figure out where you are, and then relaying that information to your buddies to group up.