Sign in to follow this  
autoloon

My weirdest/creepiest/loneliest life in DayZ ever.

So to top off the list of weirdness the game spawns me in Stary, which is new to me. I am spawned face to face with a nasty female zombie, who I have to punch to the ground the moment I spawn in order to run away and bandage. 

I am in Stary, so I assume my meaningless death by gunshot is imminent. But there is no one in Stary. Not a soul but these shambling husks. I investigate the town and procure what I can, but any military presence seems to have evacuated the area...

I navigate my way to Vybor from memory, and find some bullets for the Mosin I found. Now to the airbase, and great danger, right?

In three different half hour sessions over the course of two days, I did a full, cautious loop of the NW airfield, on at least two different full day time servers. There was not a single person around, or any evidence that anyone had ever been there. 

I made my way back to Vybor without incident, and earned a handsome bounty of gear on my first trip north. But I've become convinced there aren't any people north of Zub in SA. 

Seriously, where is everyone? It's lonely up here. 

I've been up there plenty, Rify has a nice new addition I like to stop in a lot ;)

Have you found any M4 attachments? I am having a heck of a time finding anything.

I've only killed one guy so far since launch and left his loot for a friendly unarmed player, but from streams and LPs it seems the only way to find rare attachments is to kill a server hopper basically. 

Me and my group haven't encountered anyone up north yet

I went alone to North east airfield and looted it clean, over 100 rounds for an m4 and full military gear and weapons

Headed back after a restart with some friends, just before the next restart (3hour restarts)

Meaning:

I arrived 45mins before a restart, was not looted at all and all doors closed, so no one had been there in 3 hours, about 1 and 1/2 hours later my group arrived after the restart and we geared up with another few hundred rounds and some mosin ammo,

So no players had been there in at least 4-5 hours

The place was a gold mine for us

Why you need all that gear if noone there? Go back to the beach and share. Sharing is good for health :)

After spending 2 days up north and checking all of the north i headed back south. Intent was to help fresh spawns. I just blantantly got a axe in the back half way there. Not a word or anything, i was all for sharing since i had gotten bored. But killing me.. That just felt assholish

After spending 2 days up north and checking all of the north i headed back south. Intent was to help fresh spawns. I just blantantly got a axe in the back half way there. Not a word or anything, i was all for sharing since i had gotten bored. But killing me.. That just felt assholish

You still shared. In some way. Not like somebody can loot you after you spawn... But still. Emotionally you shared, somebody felt quite happy.

Point is - all fun at the coast. Go north and end up playing alone, bored.

Hello again. 

I am genuinely beginning to believe my client is bugged. I have now played my current character for over 4 hours on populated servers without encountering so much as a single player. 

I spawned in Stary as I said. Did a full loop of NWAF, then hit the new Vybor military base. I continued south and looted all three new Cherno apartment complexes, and their respective hospitals, offices and grocery stores. 

Up until this point, I was not even suspicious of any bugs or weirdness. However, when I arrived at Balota on a 38/40 server to find no activity whatsoever, I began to feel something was wrong. If everyone is not at Balota, where are they? 

Either I am just really lucky (or unlucky as I am recording this and trying to make it entertaining) or something is up. 

I really don't know what to do short of arranging a meet with someone. If I try to hop around Balota, I could lose my gear to server change bug, and of course I will be hopping servers so people will naturally think I am hopping servers and KoS. 

I thought everyone was at Balota all the time. Is everyone up at the shipwreck now? Zelenogorsk? 

Seriously, my DayZ guy is ls beginning to talk to his gun like he is Tom Hanks in Cast Away. Please offer me some suggestions for what to do! 

Had this happen to me earlier... was on a 29/30 server and roamed the NW airfield and the barracks south of there, saw no one... figured everyone must be down south. hm..

this sounds oddly similar to what's happening to me and my friend right now

I had a normal start at the coast, lost a lot of blood, gradually regenerated it, got disappointed at stary cause the tents were removed, then got off

my friend then spawned at the coast, died, and respawned at novy sobor, killed someone there and lost a lot of blood, I then met up with him, we looted stary, then the military base near vybor, then nwaf, then we got off, when we got on again we looted nwaf, then vybor and didn't see a single person, so we switched to a new server with 35/40 people on it, trying to find someone to handcuff and get their blood for my friend, went to nwaf and still saw nobody.

So to top off the list of weirdness the game spawns me in Stary, which is new to me. I am spawned face to face with a nasty female zombie, who I have to punch to the ground the moment I spawn in order to run away and bandage. 

I am in Stary, so I assume my meaningless death by gunshot is imminent. But there is no one in Stary. Not a soul but these shambling husks. I investigate the town and procure what I can, but any military presence seems to have evacuated the area...

I navigate my way to Vybor from memory, and find some bullets for the Mosin I found. Now to the airbase, and great danger, right?

In three different half hour sessions over the course of two days, I did a full, cautious loop of the NW airfield, on at least two different full day time servers. There was not a single person around, or any evidence that anyone had ever been there. 

I made my way back to Vybor without incident, and earned a handsome bounty of gear on my first trip north. But I've become convinced there aren't any people north of Zub in SA. 

Seriously, where is everyone? It's lonely up here. 

Balota. Damn Balota ruins everything. Why would you waste 30 minutes for going north if you can get the best gear in the game in 2 minutes ?

Edited by Gdaddy22

Couple things are effecting this. It also i think effects KOS, since those players are even more bored now, wanting more action -likewise for survivors wanting action which was already hard to attain limiting yourself to only killing when you KNOW for sure someone shot first and not from defending themselves.

1.The player draw distance has been reduced way down. While zoomed (which if i remember correctly simulates the fineness of detail the human eye can normally see) I can clearly see peoples gun while their bodies are no longer being drawn. Its too much.

2. Zombies don't indicate the presence of players in and town or nearby it anymore. You can no longer quickly glance at a town and know someone is there in a spit second.

3. People are spending tons of time in interiors now vs. running along side buildings. to get it the few interiors they could before. Zombies would obviously have already indicated their presence.

I've spent almost 20 minutes looking for a guy I saw enter a town from an elevated position on a tower and didn't see even a glimpse of him the entire time. He didn't log out, i saw him again after climbing down and going though the entire town myself.

For these reasons and other I think were going to need a few changes.

Edited by Thane

I saw you but didn't have a clean shot at the airfield. :o

Ahem... And how do you know that you saw him? Just curious.

Seriously, my DayZ guy is ls beginning to talk to his gun like he is Tom Hanks in Cast Away. Please offer me some suggestions for what to do!

Go jump from nearest building and die. No trolling. Stash your loot in some safe place and make sure that no restart will wipe it untill you get it back. Loot do not despawn now.

So go suicide, respawn and see what happens next.

Or... you might just be foreveralone survivor, maybe witch gave you cursed Hoxton mask  :rolleyes: