lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

If they remove 3rd person from all servers, they should remove the headbob slider. you should be forced to play with the same amount of headbob as everyone else, also the FoV slider should be removed so everyone has the same settings on that aswell. fair is fair stop cheating with turning your headbob down.

We end up on the same thing again, seperate servers being the solution to the "problem"

Splitting the community is never a good thing, and according to every single person who defends 3dp on this forum, nobody uses it for peeking around corners. At least, from what I've seen in the many, many debate threads about this topic. Would you feel comfortable knowing that there was a button that allowed you to see through walls in this game? You wouldn't have to use the button, but everyone else would do it. I think there should be a LOS system where players/zombies that would be in the first person view wouldn't be rendered in third person, either. Then the community can play together, and we would still have the other benefits of third person.

People who only play in 1st person view and think 3rd person is cheating, do you turn your headbob all the way down? do you mess with FOV slider? if so your pretty much cheating~

I totally agree that servers shouldn't be separated in ANY way, that is what destroyed the mod completely. I don't care wich solution will be implemented here (because i think 3d person view isn't that of a huge advantage) but for the love of god don't start to separate the servers again.

• Like 1

You're not forcing anyone if they can choose between 2 things. Now, if they use 3d while they want 1st, it's their own issue, they got no reason to whine since it's THEIR choice

It has advantages? Nope, since on a 3d person server EVERYONE can use 3d person,  and again people that join a TPS and use 1st, shouldn't whine since they could join a 1st person only server

We end up on the same thing again, seperate servers being the solution to the "problem"

"Cake or death?"

"Eh, cake please."

"Very well! Give him cake!"

"Oh, thanks very much. It's very nice."

"You! Cake or death?"

“Uh, cake for me, too, please."

"Very well! Give him cake, too! We're gonna run out of cake at this rate. You! Cake or death?"

"Uh, death, please. No, cake! Cake! Cake, sorry. Sorry..."

"You said death first, uh-uh, death first!"

"Well, I meant cake!"

"Oh, all right. You're lucky I'm Church of England!" Cake or death?"

"Uh, cake please."

"Well, we're out of cake! We only had three bits and we didn't expect such a rush. So what do you want?"

"Well, so my choice is 'or death’? I’ll have the chicken then, please.

See.. they had a choice... right? I don't know why anyone didn't chose "death" it was an option.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Camping in first person view is so much easier (harder to spot people in First person view)

how so?

you can "camp" in 3rd person so that you can see people and no one can see you. you have to expose yourself to see people in 1st person

How many more times am I going to read 'everyone can exploit it' so it's ok. Are you guys that stupid?

If player A is on the ground and player B is on an apartment roof laid prone, and they are both in 3rd person, how is it fair that one can see the other without even getting up??

If player A is behind a wall, and player B is on the airfield for e.g, player A can periscope over and see him, whilst B cannot see him at all.

In first person both times A would have to expose himself to look.

That's a level playing field.

Edited by thehet
  • Like 1

How many more times am I going to read 'everyone can exploit it'. Are you guys that stupid?

If player A is on the ground and player B is on an apartment roof laid prone, and they are both in 3rd person, how is it fair that one can see the other without even getting up??

Because dayz.. Lean I'm to the wall next time exploit them back..

Line of Sight system sounds like a great idea! Third Person gives an unfair and ultimately a unrealstic advantage, I find it interesting how people want a hardcore game but still want to be able to arbitarly be able to peak around corners with Third Person.

Edited by Horatio
  • Like 4

How many more times am I going to read 'everyone can exploit it' so it's ok. Are you guys that stupid?

If player A is behind a wall, and player B is on the airfield for e.g, player A can periscope over and see him, whilst B cannot see him at all.

In first person both times A would have to expose himself to look.

That's a level playing field.

Don't you understand? It is level. Everyone can camp from inside a building and just sit there all day waiting for someone to walk by. See... totally fair.  <_<

• Like 1

Because dayz.. Lean I'm to the wall next time exploit them back..

how would that even help in that situation? you don't know they're there, but they can watch your every move

• Like 1

Line of Sight system sounds like a great idea! Third Person gives an unfair and ultimately a unrealstic advantage, I find it interesting how people want a hardcore game but still want to be able to arbitarly be able to peak around corners with Third Person.

I fail to understand why people buy a game without reading the label first.

I do not understand this whole argument.. Rocket already said some servers will have 1st. Some 3rd views.. Because alpher not yet stop arguing over this.

how so?

you can "camp" in 3rd person so that you can see people and no one can see you. you have to expose yourself to see people in 1st person

If ur on a roof yes your right. So your talking about campers and noobs then??

Fitst person/3rd person Is all pretty simple basic gaming.

My REAL point I was making is if your a good gamer in general u shouldn't be moaning at all.

Edited by Skinup69

Let me provide another example.

Player A is in the barracks, in the corridor, about to leave. Player B is outside the front door, to one side, and is facing the front wall, manipulating the camera so he can see inside. Player A cannot do that to look outside because he is inside a building.

In first person player B would have to go into the doorway to see, or lean.

Edited by thehet

As said in the other thread, people wanting first to be only an option, must try first person enforced servers, for a while. Or play some ACE Domination sessions. You get used to it, and have more fun playing. read my other post for more ;)

Edited by Zarniwoop

Zombies become more dangerous in 1st person as well. I know this from playing the mod on 1st person only servers. You don't see them as easily and have to actually expose yourself to figure out where they are and move past them. In the Mod you can always just run and agro them then lose them in a building, but in SA that won't be as easy. The game is a lot creepier in First Person as well since things tend to surprise you when you don't have periscope vision. 

If ur on a roof yes your right. So your talking about campers and noobs then??

Fitst person/3rd person Is all pretty simple basic gaming.

My REAL point I was making is if your a good gamer in general u shouldn't be moaning at all.

it's not just on a roof. it could be around any corner or wall. even a bush or a rock. you can see around cover

See.. they had a choice... right? I don't know why anyone didn't chose "death" it was an option.  :rolleyes:

HAHA, best way someone has described this yet :D

Zombies become more dangerous in 1st person as well. I know this from playing the mod on 1st person only servers. You don't see them as easily and have to actually expose yourself to figure out where they are and move past them. In the Mod you can always just run and agro them then lose them in a building, but in SA that won't be as easy. The game is a lot creepier in First Person as well since things tend to surprise you when you don't have periscope vision. 

And that's why there should be FPV-servers...

Actually I can't even believe that we are discussing the option of FPV, we should be discussing the option of TPV!

Edited by Weparo

Splitting the community is never a good thing, and according to every single person who defends 3dp on this forum, nobody uses it for peeking around corners. At least, from what I've seen in the many, many debate threads about this topic. Would you feel comfortable knowing that there was a button that allowed you to see through walls in this game? You wouldn't have to use the button, but everyone else would do it. I think there should be a LOS system where players/zombies that would be in the first person view wouldn't be rendered in third person, either. Then the community can play together, and we would still have the other benefits of third person.

Splitting the community? How? EVERYONE can select the server he wants to play one, joining a FPS once will not stop him from joining a TPS the next time. It's just a matter of choice

You want 1st person, join a 1st person server

You want 3d person, join a 3d person server

Done

• Like 1

Splitting the community? How? EVERYONE can select the server he wants to play one, joining a FPS once will not stop him from joining a TPS the next time. It's just a matter of choice

You want 1st person, join a 1st person server

You want 3d person, join a 3d person server

Done

You want a 1st person server and your friends are too scared to play on one... Arguments. :)

it's not just on a roof. it could be around any corner or wall. even a bush or a rock. you can see around cover

Can't the other person aswel though?

OMG close this already alpher = no first person servers up yet, deal with it until then but I hope to get my extra zombies befor you get your first person server.

And your standards must be even lower to enjoy looking over walls and periscoping off the top of buildings and around every corner of every building.

Thing is your problems with 1st person are based on opinion.

And our problems with 3rd person are based on fact.

Again, you lot seem to assume we like third person only because it enables us to "cheat" you somehow. It seems like a personal problem.

My problems with first person are entirely based in fact. The mouse control and movement are abhorrent compared to third person, getting stuck on objects out of your view (like doorways) is a fact. When these things are fixed I would personally not care if you got your wish, but you're not taking away my preferred style of play until they are fixed just to satisfy your "bawwwwww he saw me over a wall, bawww I can't deathmatch against people who are in third person" complaint.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

Can't the other person aswel though?

it's a lopsided situation where one person has a huge advantage. the 'other person' could do the same thing to other people