lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

I dont know what your definition of cheating is.... since everybody can use the third person mode atm, all players have the same conditions. there is no unfair advantage for anyone. its your own choice if you refuse to use third person.

To force players to a playstyle you prefer is retarded.

Edited by Sloddor

I dont know what your definition of cheating is.... since everybody can use the third person mode atm, all players have the same conditions. there is no unfair advantage for anyone. its your own choice if you refuse to use third person.

It's an exploit it allows you to see things you would ordinarily never be able to see.

Like I said best solution is to keep third person view but lock the camera so it faces the player from the front like so.

skyrim-races-redguard-625x351.jpg

debate for this was win by 1st person guys long time ago B)

IS NO GOOD REASON FOR KEEP WALLHACK BULLSHITS >:(

I don't never understand why guys enjoy to use this system except one reason IS MAKE GAME EASIER FOR EXPLOIT COVER LIKE COWARD CHEATER GUY :blush:

DAYZ AND ARMA HAVE MAGIC OF REALISM FEEL BUT THIS DISAPPEAR WITH 3RD PERSON VIEW :o

is make game like comedy wallhack fest PUNISH GUYS WHO WANT TO PLAY FISRST PERSON SHOTTER IN FIRST PERSON MODE :|

put in bin this and soon all guys forget about

COD and BF player even they don't need pussy guy feature :D

• Like 3

Gibonez: they knew when developing the mod, they new when the were rebuilding the engine for SA (at which point they could have disabled 3rd person). Hell, it's a server option in The mod, so you can't claim it was unexpected. It's just not a valid argument.

debate for this was win by 1st person guys long time ago B)

IS NO GOOD REASON FOR KEEP WALLHACK BULLSHITS > :(

I don't never understand why guys enjoy to use this system except one reason IS MAKE GAME EASIER FOR EXPLOIT COVER LIKE COWARD CHEATER GUY :blush:

DAYZ AND ARMA HAVE MAGIC OF REALISM FEEL BUT THIS DISAPPEAR WITH 3RD PERSON VIEW :o

is make game like comedy wallhack fest PUNISH GUYS WHO WANT TO PLAY FISRST PERSON SHOTTER IN FIRST PERSON MODE :|

put in bin this and soon all guys forget about

COD and BF player even they don't need pussy guy feature :D

You are very agressive sir.

This whole debate is senseless. They just should put a serverflag in the SA for this, so people can choose their style of play.

Gibonez: they knew when developing the mod, they new when the were rebuilding the engine for SA (at which point they could have disabled 3rd person). Hell, it's a server option in The mod, so you can't claim it was unexpected. It's just not a valid argument.

Fine then use the other 100 valid arguments why third person is bad and needs to be removed from all servers by default. Note how I said needs not should.

Perhaps we can reach common ground I would be fine if third person view was included in the easy server setting and the default had it removed.

• Like 1

They didnt third person view was just part of arma 2.

Had they known how much of a problem it causes and how it essentially allows cheating they would have never allowed it in.

Quoted from the DayZ Standalone wiki http://tinyurl.com/ouklymu

DayZ Standalone utilizes the Take On Helicopter engine, which is a branch of the Arma II Operation Arrowhead engine Real Virtuality .[4] The engine has been heavily modified even including code from ARMA III.

I would say, that the dev's are not stupid, and would have learnt from the literally THOUSANDS of threads about this EXACT issue in relation to the mod... 

If they wanted it gone, they would have removed it by now....  

Like i said earlier, you want First person only, fine... Make it a server option...

• Like 1

Gibonez: I'm not for either option over the other. I'm merely pointing out that o e of your points was not based on any facts.

Before removing third person they need to polish first person mode a bit. Im waiting until vehicles are added, in the mod when riding a bike for example, your view in first person bounced up and down like crazy due the stiffness of the character. If they fix details like this first person will be a more enjoyable experience overall.

Edited by Tourdion

Fine then use the other 100 valid arguments why third person is bad and needs to be removed from all servers by default. Note how I said needs not should.

Perhaps we can reach common ground I would be fine if third person view was included in the easy server setting and the default had it removed.

Funny... i said something to this effect earlier... yet you disagree'd with me?  :huh:

Before removing third person they need to polish first person mode a bit. Im waiting until vehicles are added, in the mod when riding a bike for example, your view in first person bounced up and down like crazy due the stiffness of the character. If they fix details like this first person will be a more enjoyable experience overall.

Third person would be completely fine for vehicles only. It's unlikely someone will get in a vehicle then move said vehicle behind cover just to peek over corners.

For infantry however REMOVE it.

Let's summarize some arguments:

3rd person has peripheral vision

- Use triple screens or similar and get used to move your head with alt. After getting used to it you wonder why no other game has freelook

3rd person has better FoV

- It's the same and now we even have a slider for FoV

3rd person doesn't have head bob

- You can turn that off in 1st person

3rd you can see your character

- You can see it also in your gear menu

So you're only using it because someone allowed it and now you're use to it and there's no way you won't take an advantage of it. Only good thing about 3rd person is that we can watch over the shelves to see if there's anything because the game doesn't have hopping or climbing but that doesn't really help because if you can't see it in the 1st person you can't grab it.

• Like 9

Let's summarize some arguments:

3rd person has peripheral vision

- Use triple screens or similar and get used to move your head with alt. After getting used to it you wonder why no other game has freelook

3rd person has better FoV

- It's the same and now we even have a slider for FoV

3rd person doesn't have head bob

- You can turn that off in 1st person

3rd you can see your character

- You can see it also in your gear menu

So you're only using it because someone allowed it and now you're use to it and there's no way you won't take an advantage of it. Only good thing about 3rd person is that we can watch over the shelves to see if there's anything because the game doesn't have hopping or climbing but that doesn't really help because if you can't see it in the 1st person you can't grab it.

Terrific summary.

Essentially there is 0 reason now in stand alone to have third person view servers. All of the problems have been fixed the exploit of looking around corners and over cover can be permanently removed.

• Like 2

I don't hop it get removed becouse i love 3rd person i do everything in that mode combat walking running i almost never leave 3rd person :D

Third person view should be a server setting and not removed by default.  Choice is often better than imposition.  That way the real preference will be seen by players voting with their e-feet.

Edited by RN_Max
  • Like 2

Third person view should be server setting and not removed by default.

No it really shouldn't. If you have it as an option, all the servers turn it on and you get the same problem we had in the mod. Server owners want players so they have to make things as easy as possible to get more people in. And you end up with 3rd person, 24/7 daylight 10,000 vehicles.

It needs to just be off.

• Like 2

At the very least rocket should use the alpha to test it out.

Remove it for a few weeks test the reactions and how it improves or degrades the gameplay and then make a final informed decision for the final release.

It's the alpha its time to try new things.

• Like 1

You are missing a valid point Max.

Because there is a gameplay advantage (anyone who says otherwise is deluded) to using 3rd person, people will use it and abuse it. And then others feel the need to follow suit to keep up.

Consequently you get a lot of stubborn bastards who are reluctant to change because they feel they won't get the best experience.

1st person should be the default setting.

If it never had it in the first place I doubt HIGHLY that there would be fewer sales.

People didn't buy it because it had 3rd person view.

And whilst it may seem we are going around in circles, I see it more as one team scoring lots of goals and the other keeps trying to attack but can't score.

Get rid of it.

Edited by thehet
  • Like 3

Third person would be completely fine for vehicles only. It's unlikely someone will get in a vehicle then move said vehicle behind cover just to peek over corners.

For infantry however REMOVE it.

Hm...not sure, really. If you are on a bike and can go 3d person you may peek over walls and spot people who is moving through a town or freelook around  like you are using a periscope. Anyway, if they decide to go first person all the way ill be happy if i can drive a vehicle without feeling like a wooden mannequin with a camera attached to its head.

Edit: Tho 3rd person may be necessary to land helis and such now that i think about it

Edited by Tourdion

You are missing a valid point Max.

Because there is a gameplay advantage (anyone who says otherwise is deluded) to using 3rd person, people will use it and abuse it. And then others feel the need to follow suit to keep up.

Consequently you get a lot of stubborn bastards who are reluctant to change because they feel they won't get the best experience.

1st person should be the default setting.

If it never had it in the first place I doubt HIGHLY that there would be fewer sales.

People didn't buy it because it had 3rd person view.

And whilst it may seem we are going around in circles, I see it more as one team scoring lots of goals and the other keeps trying to attack but can't score.

Get rid of it.

Sorry mate, that is such a common misconception nowadays.  I am not missing the point, neither do I misunderstand, I simply do not agree.   One side should not impose over the other in this sandbox.

Edited by RN_Max
  • Like 1

Servers that allow 3rd person should work on different hive and spawn new players fully geared in Balota or Cherno all the time.

In my opinion 3rd person just ruins immervise gameplay. Would be nice to see it removed as fast as possible, so no more people gets used to it.

I guess that everyone who uses 3rd person also exploits gamma at nights. I do enjoy the game even now, but it would be even better with just 1st person view.

• Like 3

For you not to agree you must think I am wrong, in which case state on what points am I wrong.

It's not about me imposing my playstyle.

It's about setting up a convincing argument as to why you should choose one thing over another.

Those who play 3rd person are yet to come up with a reasonable point as to why it is better than 1st person.

It's as simple as about what you should and shouldn't be able to do.

You should NOT be allowed to look off a rooftop whilst laid prone.

You should NOT be allowed to look over the top of a wall from behind it.

What can you do in 1st person that you shouldn't be allowed to do?

Edited by thehet