Sign in to follow this  
t1337dude

PvE servers to cure KoS?

Last night, a person with an M4 entered a building that I was hiding in. I drove an axe into the guy's skill as he ran by me (so I could use his weapon) and killed him. His corpse lectured me over the mic that I was everything that's wrong with DayZ.

So this got me thinking. The only real problem with KoS is that it's too harsh for many players. They can't cope with the idea that enemy players are more dangerous than the zombies (which is a common theme in zombie movies). Why not implement PvE servers, so all those players can take their carebear personalities elsewhere?

There may not be an incredible lot to do on them - but that's the point, people can't handle surviving against multiple types of enemies in the apocalypse. They begin to get incredibly whiny and blame their frustration on everyone else.

Edited by t1337Dude
  • Like 5

Maybe if they make those players wear pink ribbons in their hair and have singing zombie troupes...

• Like 3

nope, no, nada, nuh-uh,

people Can't handle a hardcore zombie apocalypse game? PLAY FUCKING COOKIECLICKER

as much as it is bad, there is no benefit for teamwork yet, no cars to spread out to find parts for, nothing buildable that needs to be constructed.

all in due time...

• Like 1

so all those players can take their carebear personalities elsewhere?

Classic ^^ :D

Yeah while we are at it lets change the zed AI into care bears (Improvements being that they shoot love hearts instead of bullets)

New name CAREBEARZ

Edited by Aussie Bogan

nope, no, nada, nuh-uh,

people Can't handle a hardcore zombie apocalypse game? PLAY FUCKING COOKIECLICKER

as much as it is bad, there is no benefit for teamwork yet, no cars to spread out to find parts for, nothing buildable that needs to be constructed.

all in due time...

No benefit to teamwork? Get the fuck out of here dude. 2-players could take out a battalion of lone-wolves, simply by pooling together their resources and using blood transfusions. The benefit to teamwork is IMMENSE as is. Should god be bestowing loot to survivors who are nice? I don't get it.

KoS wasn't a problem until the CoD/BF kiddies came and confused it with their game ( admins modifying the mission to a fragfest with tons of loot or even tons of starting gear ). The game is supposed to be about survival and i'm not talking about the typical round based or respawn after 20 seconds type of survival but survival focused on finding the means to survive the next day by not starving, dehydrating, getting heatstrokes or freezing to death. And exactly those kids whine about dark nights...i just played night for over 4 hours with decreasing moon and it even became overcast in the last half, nobody had NVGs and it was FUN!!

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 9

No benefit to teamwork? Get the fuck out of here dude. 2-players could take out a battalion of lone-wolves, simply by pooling together their resources and using blood transfusions. The benefit to teamwork is IMMENSE as is. Should god be bestowing loot to survivors who are nice? I don't get it.

No real benefit besides all the gear off dead fresh spawns you could imagine that is hehehe

KoS wasn't a problem until the CoD/BF kiddies came and confused it with their game ( admins modifying the mission to a fragfest with tons of loot or even tons of starting gear ). The game is supposed to be about survival and i'm not talking about the typical round based or respawn after 20 seconds type of survival but survival focused on finding the means to survive the next day by not starving, dehydrating, getting heatstrokes or freezing to death.

I agree.

And exactly those kids whine about dark nights...i just played night for over 4 hours with decreasing moon and it even became overcast in the last half, nobody had NVGs and it was FUN!!

Also agree, dark night's without NVG are awesome. I also played about 4 hours, I crouched in the darkness for 3 hours untill finally some bambi decided to lit his flashlight, he died 2 minutes later :P

Kos Is prevalent at the moment primarily due to the lack of many things.

1. The lack of guns and the abundance of those which are actually live, so of course you're going to get clips for that M4, and every other thing for it when there is nothing else to take up spawn points, once deer stands, barns and other bugged buildings function, I can see the player swarm on the western side of the map disperse somewhat to the rest of the map. (that being said I have no idea why they added 2 military camps AND about a bajillion tents to NWAF and added next to nothing to the entire E - NE side of the map bar one green building in NEAF and removing Military from Berenzino. Sense, It makes none)

2. Gear that's ruined really isn't a problem at the moment, once shooting someone in the chest results in you actually getting nearly nothing useful, people may start second guessing that move.

3. Zombie re-spawns and greater numbers will add an element to the game that is not there at the moment, the risk they were, even in the mod, was enough to discourage random shots and cut off easy routes to flank people, I've played on a few servers just after reset, and electro was a nightmare to play the way I did without the zombies, one shot, even with a pistol, and I had 5-6 zombies on me instantly, thats the way the game should be, and will be some time in the near future I imagine.

Zombies AI is fairly bugged at low server FPS, but I have seen a few servers, freshly reset and running smoothly, and they significantly improve their ability to chase and leap, more than 3 at once is not only a huge inconvenience, but most likely a flee or die scenario even if you have a gun and bullets (Once again, you'll pull more zombies)

This game is basically Dayz without the Z right now, I really think once the above things have been addressed you'll be seeing a completely different side to the game, the potential is insane and KoS can only suffer for it. All this coming from a long time bandit, so I can't wait for the challenge.

Kos Is prevalent at the moment primarily due to the lack of many things.

KoS is prevalent because:

1) It's fun.

2) I don't want to play with, around or near strangers and killing them is the best way to accomplish that.

PvE servers? Not in a million, trillion years. Maybe private hives where some carebear admin hands out bans, but that's your only hope.

If you don't like PvP your solution is to not play games that have PvP as a primary mechanic.

Also what I would change about zombies is not only their number, but their power. It's wrong that we can kill 30 zombies with a fireaxe or any melee weapons if only we're inside a building. Maybe zombies should jump to you way more often, be a bit faster even in the buildings and things like that

KoS wasn't a problem until the CoD/BF kiddies came and confused it with their game ( admins modifying the mission to a fragfest with tons of loot or even tons of starting gear ).

KoS has been pretty much steady since like three weeks after the mod came out, and it has nothing to do with Call of Duty or Battlefield players. Both of those are great games in their own right; pretending you're a "different sort of person" than them because they play those games is pretty silly. If the wanted to play CoD or BF they would just go play them. It's a major issue with this community that people seem to think their way of playing the game is the One True Way and everyone else is a corrupting force out to ruin their fun.

Honestly if KoS wasn't a "problem," the game would have gotten boring by like June of 2012. Run around, gather food, shoot zombies in the head. Hooray! Survival in the face of the game mechanics is dead simple. Surviving the mass of players trying to murder you is what really makes the game difficult, intense and entertaining. rocket understands this, and that's why he has stood his ground on the belief that players should be the #1 threat in the game.

I say find ways to make KoS more common so that we have more reason to band together and protect ourselves against the murderers.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 2

KoS is prevalent because:

1) It's fun.

2) I don't want to play with, around or near strangers and killing them is the best way to accomplish that.

PvE servers? Not in a million, trillion years. Maybe private hives where some carebear admin hands out bans, but that's your only hope.

If you don't like PvP your solution is to not play games that have PvP as a primary mechanic.

You must have missed the part where I said I am also a bandit, and have been since the beginning of the mod. All I'm saying to you is enjoy it while your game is set on easy mode, Its a bandits game right now, and its far too easy to survive. Things will change.

You must have missed the part where I said I am also a bandit, and have been since the beginning of the mod. All I'm saying to you is enjoy it while your game is set on easy mode, Its a bandits game right now, and its far too easy to survive. Things will change.

Yes, things will change in that the harder it gets to survive, the more often a lot of people are going to KoS. If it's harder to survive, then my friends and I will be more protective of our survival timers and less likely to risk contact with strangers.

This notion that as the game gets harder people are going to get friendlier is really misguided in my opinion. A stranger is never going to be an asset to me. I have friends I play with and I don't want to play with random nutjobs I bump into in the game. If they can't stay out of my way, I'll take them out of my way.

Maybe if they make those players wear pink ribbons in their hair and have singing zombie troupes...

I would shake your hand for this comment if you were in walking distance.

PvP type players and PvE type players will never see eye to eye about anything gaming.. They both have their places and they are both fun.. To say their is no PvE room in the ZA are ignorant, To say their is no PvP play in the ZA is also ignorant.. I'd shoot the face off a person I do not like, But a back story and storyline would not hurt either

KOS isn't something we can erase. 

More loot:

Just the more reason to kill you, I want the shit you have

Vehicles:

If i have one you bet your ass I'm going to defend it

If i don't have one ill gun that guy that has one one

More zombies:

Find something more irrelevant. Zombies never have and never will be a threat, just dance around them and thats it

Damaged gear:

I have all the gear i would want, the reason I'm killing you is because I have nothing to do with that gear.  

Remember there is 2 things to do in dayz

1) get loot

2) kill people

Once I have loot what do you want me to do with it? 

pve is just a pathetic idea

Edited by xX_fr0st-w0lf_Xx

KoS has been pretty much steady since like three weeks after the mod came out, and it has nothing to do with Call of Duty or Battlefield players. Both of those are great games in their own right; pretending you're a "different sort of person" than them because they play those games is pretty silly. If the wanted to play CoD or BF they would just go play them. It's a major issue with this community that people seem to think their way of playing the game is the One True Way and everyone else is a corrupting force out to ruin their fun.

Honestly if KoS wasn't a "problem," the game would have gotten boring by like June of 2012. Run around, gather food, shoot zombies in the head. Hooray! Survival in the face of the game mechanics is dead simple. Surviving the mass of players trying to murder you is what really makes the game difficult, intense and entertaining. rocket understands this, and that's why he has stood his ground on the belief that players should be the #1 threat in the game.

I say find ways to make KoS more common so that we have more reason to band together and protect ourselves against the murderers.

I don't need KoS for the game to be fun. You do know Project Zomboid is a popular game with a thriving community and it's basically about looting, farming and avoiding zombies?

• Like 2

They could just play a different game.  There are literally thousands of video games out there.  Why do people think DayZ has to cater to every type of person?  If I play a game that I don't like, I don't go asking the devs to change the game for me.  I just stop playing and get a different game.

• Like 1

I don't need KoS for the game to be fun. You do know Project Zomboid is a popular game with a thriving community and it's basically about looting, farming and avoiding zombies?

Okay, then no need for DayZ to fill that niche, eh? If you want a PvE zombie killing and loot collection game it sounds like you already have an option.

Oh god no. Why do people come to survival full loot games and expect not to be killed? I don't understand the logic behind that. The behavior being displayed is very realistic. I think in a situation such as this people would revert to doing exactly what they are doing in DayZ. This is been said before by people and i'm sure people in this thread... there are so many carebear PVE games or PVP games with non full loot.. go play them!

SA is off to such a smashing start as it is..

boring..

why play??

even with 50 players in such a huge map pvp is a joke..

gameplay even for an alpha game is shit..Why not just call it open beta??

Devs pretty much admit, they have no idea how to give what was promised..

Bugs

Bugs

Bugs

nothing to do in game even if you like what can come..

Devs better come up with something besides lame pvp with zombies

Oh I AM the story?? I make my own story, Yeah wish I thought of that 30 buck download>>

Edited by toddmh

Since the mod first came out I have been strictly PVE and chose to try and not kill people. I am done with that shit. What happens is this game breeds a vicious circle. New spawns and new players want to join up. They want to be alone and have the excitement of finding another survival in the vast nothingness to help them out. But that never happens. They always end up getting shot and losing all their gear. So what happens? They essentially become bandits themselves after they get fed up. I will now be KoS purposefully for the first time since the mod came out. Well, only people with weapons. Ill still hand out bandages and such to those without weapons. 

Edited by VictorM

SA is off to such a smashing start as it is..

boring..

why play??

even with 50 players in such a huge map pvp is a joke..

gameplay even for an alpha game is shit..Why not just call it open beta??

Devs pretty much admit, they have no idea how to give what was promised..

Bugs

Bugs

Bugs

nothing to do in game even if you like what can come..

Devs better come up with something besides lame pvp with zombies

Oh I AM the story?? I make my own story, Yeah with I thought of that 30 buck download>>

Somebody didn't read the dialog everytime he/she starts the game. You just click "I Understand" huh coolguy?

Since the mod first came out I have been strictly PVE and chose to try and not kill people. I am done with that shit. What happens is this game breeds a vicious circle. New spawns and new players want to join up. They want to be alone and have the excitement of finding another survival in the vast nothingness to help them out. But that never happens. They always end up getting shot and losing all their gear. So what happens? They essentially become bandits themselves after they get fed up. I will now be KoS purposefully for the first time since the mod came out. Well, only people with weapons. Ill still hand out bandages and such to those without weapons. 

No incentive not to be a bandit right now. The game is very bare and will grow over time. If you thought a "ruined" equipment system was going to stop KoS fests then you are crazy bro. Only way to stop KoS is to give incentives beyond gear deterioration. A majority of us don't kill for your gear.. if that was the case people wouldn't be killing fresh spawns. People are killed for the enjoyment it brings. Killing you and hearing you whine on mic about how much of a tool, etc etc I am is funny. 

• Like 1