TheRedScare

"Bandits" A rant about certain people

Lately I have been playing as a Medic. Carrying no Weapons at all, and filling myself up with Medical gear.

I saw a person with a gun in a hospital, he was bleeding, and running around franticly trying to find a bandage.

I approached and said to him " Hi I am medic, Do you need help?".  I had my arms Raised, and he turns around and see's me,  he fumbles with getting his weapon out, and it takes him 3-5sec to aim down his sights and shoot me in the face.

Him killing me, was not to 'better his survival chances', it actually made his chances WORSE..   He could not loot my body, cause it de-spawned.  And I had a friend nearby that entered the hospital minutes later, to find the guy dead.  he bled out....

KOS is about surviving, nothing else. 'Bandits' are usually role-players who get their kicks from demeaning other players and shouting orders at them. Seriously who is worse, someone who got the drop on you - or some dick swinging wanker who tries and order you around? TIP: don't leave doors open, loot fast, hide bodies.

The idea of banditry will forever persist in this game. As my captain in the CQF told me, "There will never be a completely peaceful side, you give a man a gun and he is destined to want to kill." The idea in its most basic form in this game is to survive. To better survive, you need better gear and supplies for the most part. It's much easier to be the predator of an prey who doesn't even know they are being hunted than to loot themselves and possible become prey. We all have different ways of surviving this game and how we do it is based on how we play this game. We can either role play this game to submerge ourselves so deep we believe we are physically there or we can barely skim the water and play for shitz n' gigglez'. To clarify my point, it's completely redundant to rant about bandits. Actions speak louder than words anyway, so groups like the Chernarus Quarantine Force (CQF) that I'm apart of do something about it. We don't like bandits, so we fight them based on how we like to play the game. As I quote my second lieutenant said in a thread about our Rules of Engagement (ROE), 

"Now you ask me: "But 2LT, people just shoot on sight, I'm making myself vulnerable there. Why should I even endanger myself like that?"

Well kiddo, That's what you signed up for in CQF. That's why our way of playing is more challenging than any other. Our victories in this game aren't when you wipe out someone's camp, find a huge stash of loot or live for weeks on end.

We win when we beat the KoS mentality. We win when we make new friends and bring in more people to our ranks. Our goal is to bring back some semblance of humanity to the wasteland." 

Edited by Tickle_me_elmo19
  • Like 1