Sign in to follow this  
applejaxc

"Healthy" Status Condition = Blood Regeneraiton?

Title says it all: Does having the "Healthy" status condition (shown next to your head in the gear menu) mean that you will regenerate blood? I was sever-hopping in a house trying to eat rotten fruit to see how long cholera would take to kill me, and I'm suffering from "Sick" and "Healthy" at the same time. I left my PC running for half an hour, came back, and I wasn't black-and-white the way I was expecting.
Are they balancing each other out?

Looking at this source http://dayzdb.com/guide/11-standalone-status-effects (and from my own experience) this is how it works.

There are THREE stages to regenerating health and takes TIME to activate. Stage ONE and TWO regenerate just BLOOD and no inventory message appears (which is why some people get confused and complain the system doesn't work). 
Once you have regenerated ALL of your blood (and still full on food/water). Stage THREE will activate and you will start regenerating HEALTH. Then the  ''healing'' message will appear in your inventory. Healing only took me about 10 or 15 minutes to be fully healed. Once your are fully healed the message will change to "healthy".

Now throughout the entire process you need to be full on energy and water for the NEXT stage to activate so I recommend you don't sprint around to much and only move to the next town if you need more food/water.

So you can be "sick" and "healthy" at the same time. They don't correspond with each other I believe.

Also I think it is interesting that as a new spawn. You are not "healthy" to begin with and is quite deliberate.

I hope that helps :)

Edited by Tango_911
  • Like 1

Ajaxc: Yea seems they are canceling each other out. I would put in a bug report just in case though giving the same or even more info as you did here.