Sign in to follow this  
KC_Admiral

Ruined items after PvP

After killing someone, most items are "ruined".  This assumes a bullet went through every item in the inventory, or, just because (for example) the pants were destroyed, everything in it was hit by bullets. 

This, unrealistically, takes all the reward for winning in PvP away from the victor.  Please lesson these impacts to keep PvP worthwhile in DayZ.  

Suggestion:  Decreasing the inventory space on items (clothing, backpacks) due to damage seems more appropriate; causing items to drop on the ground vs being destroyed automatically.

Edited by KC_Admiral
  • Like 8

Lol, the ability for items to get damaged was added for realism and to "help" lower KoS.  This isn't COD.  If you shot someone's backpack in real life, that backpack is going to get damaged.

• Like 21

Waa waaa. Nope, this isn't a bug - it's a feature. Destroying items that you shoot is realistic, and you can avoid destroying a person's items already by scoring headshots so... Learn to aim?

• Like 5

This system was implemented just for that reason. To lessen the reward the victor gets from PvP and KoS. I agree it needs to be toned down slightly, but as a feature I think its great.

As for your suggestion I guess that will be implemented later down the line of alpha.

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 8

I guess robbery will be the way to ensure you don't damage your loot.

• Like 7

that doesn t mean every singel things are totaly broken =), if you want to talk about realism then why when i head shot some home the stuff in his/her pocket or backpack are all broken? so yeah that prevent for some aspect the KOS but this is defenetly not to stop kos. For example atm if i want to take some one gear, i juste have to put handcuffs and then take all his/her gear off so that wont stop KOS it is juste a feature that helps for immersion but deffenetly not erase KOS. 

Anyways at the moment ruined item doesn t affect the game play, exept for the different scope. I mean i didn t even notice a difference when i use broken pant or something, the only affect item are the weapons attachement. but it is not realism to have ruined item in a backpack when u get shooted in the head ^^

I completely disagree. Items being damaged makes the game way more enjoyable. KoS and bandits having a clear advantage was a huge hinderance to this game. If you want loot go and find it.

• Like 3

Its unrealistic and I'd also like it lowered. In real life if you shoot someone you wont somehow destroy all of his beans and items with a few shots, maybe you're unlucky and damage a single item but that many?

• Like 2

I have to disagree with you completely.  There is already WAY too much KoS going on in the alpha. I would actually like to see more features that benefit group play (aside from safety in numbers).

• Like 1

Hello there

One has to imagine Damage is also caused by "other causes" Ie soiling, blood etc, its not just direct bullet damage in theory.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

I like it, element of surprise and get a clean kill. Two people spraying at each other, it only makes sense some things get ruined. I'd be greatful I survived!

The game is survival against the elements, zombies and other players.  Being betrayed, or killed-on-sight, is what makes Chernarus a dangerous place to be.  

You don't implement thousands of zombies, harsher sickness/weather conditions, and then carebear it up to those who want others to get along and place nice.  Restricting PvP and minimizing it's reward is no solution.  People will work together by choice, not design.

Edited by KC_Admiral

man you sprayed the guy with bullets to have most of his stuff damaged lol. Also you dont know if the guy you killed had a bad encounter with Zs and survived, could be an explanation as to why some of his items were damaged and the rest you did it

I got hit with an axe "once" and "ALL" of my items got ruined. Comon kinda stupid, I like the system but its kinda broke atm.

• Like 1

I got hit with an axe "once" and "ALL" of my items got ruined. Comon kinda stupid, I like the system but its kinda broke atm.

I'm calling shens or you only had a pair of jeans on with already damaged items...

Seemed to work for me today though, somebody shot my legs and everyhting in my pants got ruined, while i shot his torso full of holes and ruined pretty much everything in his backpack and jacket (not everything though, but almost).

The game is survival against the elements, zombies and other players.  Being betrayed, or killed-on-sight, is what makes Chernarus a dangerous place to be.  

You don't implement thousands of zombies, harsher sickness/weather conditions, and then carebear it up to those who want others to get along and place nice.  Restricting PvP and minimizing it's reward is no solution.  People will work together by choice, not design.

Yes, but a player helping another player doesn't make that player stop playing the game, does it?

If you think KOS and deathmatching garbage are all fine and dandy, go and play the mod. Walk up to someone and say 'Hey, I'm friendly.'

Have fun respawning.

That's if you even make it off the beach.

Because it's all just one big, boring deathmatch. It's just a faggoted version of a CoD free-for-all where you don't start with any guns and you have a huge map.

Why?

Because there was absolutely nothing to mitigate KOS. The people getting constantly KOS'd said 'fuck it' and just started firing back. It degenerated from there.

Killing someone is its own reward. Helping someone is not. You're giving up your own supplies, and trusting someone who, more often than not (at least in the mod), is going to kill you the instant they get the chance!

It all just leads to a giant clusterfuck deathmatch that is boring as fuck.

• Like 2

... then carebear it up to those who want others to get along and place nice.  Restricting PvP and minimizing it's reward is no solution.

Your turning it into something that it's not. Damaging gear isn't restricting pvp at all, and in my opinion only makes it better. A good example of this would be, lets say, a 1 vs. 3 fire fight. I kill 2 of the 3, get shot and then I'm forced to run and bandage to stay alive. The 3rd and last member of the party sits there, waits for his friends to run back to him and grab all their gear. This system was broken as fuck, and almost everyone would do it.

So you sit there and call people carebears. Well I say go and look in the mirror.

The changes they've made make the game 100x more hardcore.

• Like 1

QQ I never get consequences for my actions at home why should it be in this game?

MOM! DEAN IS RESTRICTING MY FREEDOM AND CREATIVITY!!!

Edited by Craux
  • Like 1

After killing someone, most items are "ruined".  This assumes a bullet went through every item in the inventory, or, just because (for example) the pants were destroyed, everything in it was hit by bullets. 

This, unrealistically, takes all the reward for winning in PvP away from the victor.  Please lesson these impacts to keep PvP worthwhile in DayZ.  

Suggestion:  Decreasing the inventory space on items (clothing, backpacks) due to damage seems more appropriate; causing items to drop on the ground vs being destroyed automatically.

I hate being hit by a zombie. then i have to go through every single item to find it's ruined... it needs to be nerfed a bit.

Item degradation is here to stay and no amount of bitching is going to make it go away, so I humbly suggest you learn to play the game with the mechanics implemented, or don't play. It's basically that simple. I would wager that a majority of "carebears" (which is a totally stupid nickname and a vast misinterpretation of an argument, if you ask me) actually enjoy the PvP element of DayZ. However, it is a realistic game and it stands to reason that spraying someone with machinegun fire will damage items that they are carrying. Sounds like you're the one complaining, so really it sounds like you're the carebear here.

I would gladly have you come at me, bro. Bandits tend to be the most butthurt players of this game, in my experience. Just because some of us have alternative ways of playing doesn't make us "carebears."

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 1

I hate being hit by a zombie. then i have to go through every single item to find it's ruined... it needs to be nerfed a bit.

Stop getting hit by zombies?

I really like the current extreme damage setting, makes me play real damn careful around people.

• Like 2