Sign in to follow this  
cataclyststa

DayZ SA with Geforce 520m

hey my friend is wanting to buy DayZ standalone, but his graphics card is only a 520m, his processor is an I-5 2410, everything is the same as the recommended except for the processor, would he be able to get over 30 fps with very low settings?

Wow, that is a tough question, but since VR-engine games always are tough on the processor i would have to say: Probably not

The game runs much better than arma 2, but it's still far from optimized, and in cities the performance often drops a lot. How about you playing it on his laptop and see how it goes?

Edit: ofc things will change, remember that it is still in very early alpha!

Also, there is an option somewhere in the files to reduce viewdistance, that will give him a couple of more fps.

Edited by gertona

Wow, that is a tough question, but since VR-engine games always are tough on the processor i would have to say: Probably not

The game runs much better than arma 2, but it's still far from optimized, and in cities the performance often drops a lot. How about you playing it on his laptop and see how it goes?

Edit: ofc things will change, remember that it is still in very early alpha!

Also, there is an option somewhere in the files to reduce viewdistance, that will give him a couple of more fps.

I know this game is also a lot of CPU, uhm he has played Battlefield 3 and call of duty on his computer, and this computer is his laptop.

I'd like to ask too. My old PC specs are Athlon X2 250 3.01 GHz, 4 gb RAM, GeForce 9800gt. That's pretty low, lol, but I must say that mod worked pretty fine. Anyone knows, will I be able to play SA with some decent fps even on very low?

hey my friend is wanting to buy DayZ standalone, but his graphics card is only a 520m, his processor is an I-5 2410, everything is the same as the recommended except for the processor, would he be able to get over 30 fps with very low settings?

He may be able to pass by with atleast 30fps, further optimizations come sooner than later hopefully too

I was running this game completely fine (30fps+) until a couple days ago and the .30 patch.  Is anyone else having this problem.  GTX460 (1GB) and 1st gen i7.