monolith1985

saline vs blood bag

it seems when someone uses a blood bag on me, i get full health back

so why would anyone go through the hassle of finding out blood types, harvesting blood etc to get a blood bag to use?

You will gain blood back but you could become sick if the blood type is not correct. I take blood from my friends when i need it but i get sick because my blood type is not the same. Always have drugs on hand to medicate.

How do ya even regain blood you lost? 

You will gain blood back but you could become sick if the blood type is not correct. I take blood from my friends when i need it but i get sick because my blood type is not the same. Always have drugs on hand to medicate.

thats what i mean, why would anyone bother with that risk when they can just use a saline bag, which seem more common 

Well, saline bag are pretty rare as it is, but maybe eventually both will change, it's still early alpha.

How do ya even regain blood you lost? 

You get somewhat about 20% back with a blood bag, and almost full with a saline kit. Since I'm usually lone wolf, I eat, drink, and sit down to get the healthy condition and heal up.

You get somewhat about 20% back with a blood bag, and almost full with a saline kit. Since I'm usually lone wolf, I eat, drink, and sit down to get the healthy condition and heal up.

I thought they removed the eat/drink refilling your blood..Because all members of my group are like black 'n' white with blood so we got no idea what to do :D

you can heal with food, but it takes a long time, at least an hour, of keeping yourself well fed and watered.  you cant just eat 5 steaks and be full blood 

You need to smash can after can of food/water into you. Once you stop getting 'I'm hungry' messages, keep eating. Once you fill up your stomach, you will notice a 'healthy' indicator appear in your inventory screen. You are now regenerating blood and can go much longer without eating.

• Like 1

Notice the "healthy" on the top right corner of the player screen. (where you rotate your character) I was hit by a zombie and bled for a while before finding some clothes to shred and make bandages, so I was pretty low on health, but after eating and drinking good food and clean water, and sitting for a while, my health got back to full. Takes a while.

It's all explained on this page:http://dayzdb.com/guide/11-standalone-status-effects

2013_12_22_00041.jpg

I'm gonna have to look for that healthy indicator.  I ate enough food and drank enough water to get to "I'm feeling really full" (on both food and water) and never saw that in my inventory.  My character must be a little "slow".