Sign in to follow this  
Letholdus92

Xbox controller setup?

Brand new to this, and I was looking over the menu on the game and saw my controller could be used, I was like, heck yeah sure. So I hit enable, but when I use it certain tings I find I cant do, like, when holding a weapon, I cant seem to melee? Or go over fences, I was trying to figure out how to get everything working but failed. 

SO, for anyone using a controller (Please dont tell me I cant because even Rocket said this game should be going to PS4) Again, do I agree? Sure. :) Help me out please :)

I dunno if it's been confirmed to work in the GAME yet but we used programs like xmapper to get full use of xbox gamepads in the mod/arma 2. It allows you to bind the gamepad to keyboard/mouse keys.

xmapper isn't free but there are other programs out there that I haven't tried. 

If we had Heli's, I'd already know if it works, but alas...

Edited by creature

I use Motioninjoy app with a PS3 controller and its fine. My friend uses an Xbox controller with no mapper and it works fine.

Only bug is you can't use right trigger to melee...actually you can't use any button on a controller as of now to melee attack.

Bummer.

I have a 360 controller plugged into my pc for other games and i had noticed that there is partial controller support at the minute. Not sure how you would be able to get all of the options available on a controller that a keyboard gives you, however it will possibly be watered down for any future console port. 

I think I have xpadder somewhere, must go find this. Anyway, just a bit hard to get used to the controls on the keyboard xD

Way too much buttons too play on a controller, and people who play on mouse and keyboard have a vast advantage over you.