Sign in to follow this  
MLG420blazeit

The map is NOT balanced right now.

I feel that the current camp/building distribution forces the players to stick to the WEST side of the map, almost exclusively.

Why?

Raxes and ATC in Balota, x2 rax in camp South of Pavlovo, NWAF which now has a base in a base yo and lets not forget Green Mountain and the military camp East of Vybor and West of Stary.

East side of the map has.... NEAF... That's it! 2x Hangars, x2 Holding cell places x1 ATC.

This is a joke. Complete joke. Berezino now doesn't even have the small military camp. There is literally no point in going to the East side of the map. You can gear up and PVP on the West side of the map all day long. 

The East side needs some love.

• Like 1

Although I kind of agree.. it's still an alpha!

Someone mentioned hidden secrets on the map.. I reckon there's something in the East which no one has found yet!

• Like 1

I honestly feel the map needs LESS military spawns.

How 'bout them apples?

• Like 2

Although I kind of agree.. it's still an alpha!

Someone mentioned hidden secrets on the map.. I reckon there's something in the East which no one has found yet!

Yeah, I'm actually sort of afraid they won't work on the map anymore :/ but your vehicle point makes sense, HOWEVER I still think people will rather go for guns than vehicles.

How 'bout them apples?

I agree with that. However I doubt the camps would be erased because they are pretty damn well designed you know. I agree with you though that there are too many military loot spawns.

Im pretty sure Berzino still has a real hospital once server hopping is fixed balota/mil camp north of kemenka will be empty all the time,or just camped most people wont want to risk it. 

Yeah, I'm actually sort of afraid they won't work on the map anymore :/ but your vehicle point makes sense, HOWEVER I still think people will rather go for guns than vehicles.

Just look at the northern half of the map. There are a bunch of road networks that don't go anywhere.

It's alpha. Of course there going to keep working on the map. Ivan has confirmed that many times.

• Like 1

How 'bout them apples?

I just think the military spawn points need to have less chance of spawning loot. The map is fine, the amount of M4s and general military gear is not.

these threads seemed to be based on the idea that "no military loot" means there's no reason to ever go there

anyway, the map is still a work in progress and rocket has said new areas are planned

Less military, more food!

food is easy to find just venture away from the barracks and air fields lol.

I find guns rarer than food anyways.

Edited by Desryachri

In the update I personally have already noticed that tents now spawn more food and clothing and less ammo and weapon parts. It's relatively simple to change loot tables on the fly, and once more weapons and items are added into the game, it is going to be very different. Not to mention once we have 2- 3000 zombies on the map, I'm willing to bet people are not going to be complaining about finding guns.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

I feel that the current camp/building distribution forces the players to stick to the WEST side of the map, almost exclusively.

Why?

Raxes and ATC in Balota, x2 rax in camp South of Pavlovo, NWAF which now has a base in a base yo and lets not forget Green Mountain and the military camp East of Vybor and West of Stary.

East side of the map has.... NEAF... That's it! 2x Hangars, x2 Holding cell places x1 ATC.

This is a joke. Complete joke. Berezino now doesn't even have the small military camp. There is literally no point in going to the East side of the map. You can gear up and PVP on the West side of the map all day long. 

The East side needs some love.

or less love in the east!

more guns scattered all around the map, farmer shotgun or pistols would be nice, not making it very common but i rarely meet players unless in coastal military base...and the ones that are far away are useally nice but people arent there...im missing the pvp and guns really they just spawn in the most commonn places so theyre all looted on nearly every server...this is aplha though so...just saying not complaining :)

I agree with that. However I doubt the camps would be erased because they are pretty damn well designed you know. I agree with you though that there are too many military loot spawns.

I don't think you agree. You want more on the east side of the map and even mentioned the tents not being in Berezino as an example. 

Some time a go Rocket posted a link to a pic of a map on Reddit in a discussion related to loot distribution in new highrises. The map appeared to be from a dev build and you could see three new towns in the North, Sinistok, Novopetrovka and Severograd.

I just think the military spawn points need to have less chance of spawning loot. The map is fine, the amount of M4s and general military gear is not.

the loot doesn't even respawn though. if there's an overabundance of m4's, it's probably because people are server hopping... and because there's only 3 guns in the game

that's the thing now. you see a squad and they all have m4's. it would probably seem different if some had shotguns, ak's, dmr, etc. 

the loot doesn't even respawn though. if there's an overabundance of m4's, it's probably because people are server hopping... and because there's only 3 guns in the game

that's the thing now. you see a squad and they all have m4's. it would probably seem different if some had shotguns, ak's, dmr, etc. 

IMO regardless of which military weapon we're talking about military weapons and clothing in general are far too common.

IMO regardless of which military weapon we're talking about military weapons and clothing in general are far too common.

I hope there will be more civilian type weapons eventually. at the moment, getting your character to look like a soldier is pretty much the 'end game'

really I hope the game can be about something besides finding the 'best' guns

Edited by daze23

I hope there will be more civilian type weapons eventually. at the moment, getting your character to look like a soldier is pretty much the 'end game'

really I hope the game can be about something besides finding the 'best' guns

As more diseases and effects of adverse weather and your evironment are added I think 'gearing up' will start to take a back seat to survival. :)

• Like 2

There is literally no point in going to the East side of the map. You can gear up and PVP on the West side of the map all day long. 

The map is not finished atm.

The map must not be "balanced".

Many types of players with different goals.

You can gear up and PVP on the West side of the map all day long.

You can survive on the east all day long without PVP etc...

• Like 1

As more diseases and effects of adverse weather and your evironment are added I think 'gearing up' will start to take a back seat to survival. :)

I hope so, thats the thing i enjoyed most of all from the mod.

I'm not much of a pvper, and i have a really hard time shooting anything besides animals (if fired upon though, i will fight)

What i love doing, is finding a way to survive, ive gotten to grips with the hunger system, and while confusing at first, imho, its designed fairly robustly.

The same with the sickness, i came away from the beaches with a minimal amount of blood left, and pretty sick.

When i finally saw the message "your wounds have healed" and i noticed the vibrant colours again, i was feeling pretty awesome (right up untill the point someone decided i looked like a loot pinata, and shot me through the head)