quobble

Solution for server hopping

Congrats. You are the cancer that is eating away at this community.

You should remember your place, Mr. forum team man.

You are addressing customers, albeit with a different opinion than yours, Relating them to a cancer is downright disrespectful.

You should come to terms with the fact other people could have other expectations of the game than you, or resign your position

Edited by Firstbornchicken

You are addressing customers, albeit with a different opinion than yours, Relating them to a cancer is downright disrespectful.

You should come to terms with the fact other people could have other expectations of the game than you, or resign your position

I don't believe there is a difference in opinion nor expectations here, merely someone glorifying in-game exploits which, by the way, is not tolerated here.

• Like 1

I don't think he not coming to terms with people will make him loose his job, so I don't see why he should resign ;)  (considering that the logic of you people seems to be ´´if no one stops me it is ok´´)

Also, I agree with Mr. Forum team man, and I think Mr. Forum team man perfectly knows his place and it is the one Mr. Forum Team man now is occupying.

From what I have seen it is a feature not an exploit, always has been.

I server hop, ban me :) oh wait you can't no one can because yes it pisses people off but it's not breaking any rules :)

Oh i would like 2 see your cocky ass banned... Just becouse ...

I don't think he not coming to terms with people will make him loose his job, so I don't see why he should resign ;)  (considering that the logic of you people seems to be ´´if no one stops me it is ok´´)

Also, I agree with Mr. Forum team man, and I think Mr. Forum team man perfectly knows his place and it is the one Mr. Forum Team man now is occupying.

He is being disrespectful towards people not considering server jumping a exploit.. 

Thinking server hopping should be allowed or not, is actually something entirely else..

Currently it cannot be considered an exploit(software/game wise) to server jump. it simply does not fall within that definition.

In terms of a general exploit, then yes, it is, but so would be picking up a pistol and shooting someone who only has an axe. In this regard exploit means "advantages" nothing else.

So, this Mr. forum man, is imposing his own, wrong, perception of an issue, and being disrespectful towards the people who disagree..

This would lead to a stern talking to, in most communities, and does in no way encourage debate.

the guy was promoting server hopping because "they can't ban me"

that seems a rather low place to set the bar for someone having a "different opinion" or "other expectations of the game"

the guy was promoting server hopping because "they can't ban me"

that seems a rather low place to set the bar for someone having a "different opinion" or "other expectations of the game"

His entire argument was he can't be banned because it is not breaking any rules (or in extension, any mechanics) which is actually quite a valid point.

The forum guy, started out, way before any of that, by declaring server hopping as en exploit. I wonder if he even understands that word

Currently it cannot be considered an exploit(software/game wise) to server jump. it simply does not fall within that definition.

In terms of a general exploit, then yes, it is, but so would be picking up a pistol and shooting someone who only has an axe. In this regard exploit means "advantages" nothing else.

it's an "exploit" because you're using the mechanics of the game in a manner that wasn't intended. that "mechanic" is the fact that you spawn in the same place when you change different servers. this is supposed to accommodate the persistence of your character as you play from day to day. you log out somewhere today, and you log back in there tomorrow. it is not meant to be used to visit a particular loot spawn on different servers over and over

shooting an unarmed player with a pistol is not an "exploit" in any way

it's an "exploit" because you're using the mechanics of the game in a manner that wasn't intended.

That is not what an exploit is.

Unintended gameplay does not equate an exploit. Gees. 

His entire argument was he can't be banned because it is not breaking any rules (or in extension, any mechanics) which is actually quite a valid point.

The forum guy, started out, way before any of that, by declaring server hopping as en exploit. I wonder if he even understands that word

this game doesn't exist in a vacuum. we've already gone through much of this with the mod. it is an exploit, and things were put in place (in the mod) to prevent it

The devs know about this problem, there will be a fix....its too much of a small gameplay issue to bother fixing now....server stability and security first!!! Server hopping is an EXPLOIT, just because the features to combat it aren't turned on yet dosent make it part of the game mechanic lol

I don't believe there is a difference in opinion nor expectations here, merely someone glorifying in-game exploits which, by the way, is not tolerated here.

I am still hopping, many m4s loads of amo should I share? Nahh I'll keep hopping :)

I am the cancer that is destroying the community am I? Wow just wow you seriously are narrow minded. If I am glorifying the "games exploits" then ban me seriously do something about it go on come on I need you to... Wait the game/ mod has been around for how long? And your still but hurt over server hopping? Lmfao.

Edited by Desryachri

The devs should implement a big ass timer of 15mins before you are allowed to join any other server once you have left the one you are on.

If it crashes, so fucking what, is 15 minutes too long for you to wait?

GIVE 15MIN TIMER

with katana below GIVE PERSISTENT CHARACTERS

Edited by thehet

this game doesn't exist in a vacuum. we've already gone through much of this with the mod. it is an exploit, and things were put in place (in the mod) to prevent it

Besides the fact that a lot has been changed, and is announced to be different compared to the mod.

You can not expect people to go back to the mod, and learn all about it, and then guess what will be applicable to this new game

And once again it seems the word exploit is being used loosely here. If something has been set in place to combat an issue, would not make the issue an exploit. Just unintended.

Exploit implies so much more than just not being intended. 

Don't like this solution. It still allows for easy loot farming if one can just select a different server (regardless of the server previous) every time.

1. Lock the characters down to the server. No more persistent characters. This is my personal favorite, as I feel it undermines many other mechanics (the entire loot system, construction, storage, vehicles, etc.)

2. Whenever you server swap, you respawn at the coast. With some of your gear missing or all of it remaining persistent, but your stats (kills, humanity, whatever) stay put.

3. Whenever you swap, you respawn at the coast. You have none of your gear but your stats are the same.

4. Log-out timer. I hate this solution. It's a caveman solution that doesn't actually fix the problem, it just makes it a longer process.

The first three in my opinion, are the best. 2 and 3 remove the immediate tactical advantage of being able to server hop to gain the advantage in a firefight. Also, it removes the problem of being able to server hop to get inside player structures. Similarly, 3 removes the problem of loot farming outright while 2 makes it incredibly risky and/or tedious.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Don't like this solution. It still allows for easy loot farming if one can just select a different server (regardless of the server previous) every time.

1. Lock the characters down to the server. No more persistent characters. This is my personal favorite, as I feel it undermines many other mechanics (the entire loot system, construction, storage, vehicles, etc.)

2. Whenever you server swap, you respawn at the coast. With some of your gear missing, but your stats (kills, humanity, whatever) stay put.

3. Whenever you swap, you respawn at the coast. You have none of your gear but your stats are the same.

4. Log-out timer. I hate this solution. It's a caveman solution that doesn't actually fix the problem, it just makes it a longer process.

The first three in my opinion, are the best. 2 and 3 remove the immediate tactical advantage of being able to server hop to gain the advantage in a firefight. Also, it removes the problem of being able to server hop to get inside player structures. Similarly, 3 removes the problem of loot farming outright while 2 makes it incredibly risky and/or tedious.

Your just describing the reason they implemented private hives.. Seriously just remove the reason to server hop randomise the loot get over your precious barracks it's nothing special only a place to server hop and bandit.

I am still hopping, many m4s loads of amo should I share? Nahh I'll keep hopping :)

I am the cancer that is destroying the community am I? Wow just wow you seriously are narrow minded. If I am glorifying the "games exploits" then ban me seriously do something about it go on come on I need you to... Wait the game/ mod has been around for how long? And your still but hurt over server hopping? Lmfao.

You're incredibly immature... And I fail to see how disgreeing with exploiting the game is 'narrow minded' but alrighty then..

2. Whenever you server swap, you respawn at the coast. With some of your gear missing or all of it remaining persistent, but your stats (kills, humanity, whatever) stay put.

The logout timer is to counter combat logging, it's not related to server hopping.

You're incredibly immature... And I fail to see how disgreeing with exploiting the game is 'narrow minded' but alrighty then..

The logout timer is to counter combat logging, it's not related to server hopping.

You keep referring to unintended gameplay and call it an exploit.

Do you understand the word exploit? 

OP's solution won't fix farming

Edited by Hosty

Besides the fact that a lot has been changed, and is announced to be different compared to the mod.

You can not expect people to go back to the mod, and learn all about it, and then guess what will be applicable to this new game

And once again it seems the word exploit is being used loosely here. If something has been set in place to combat an issue, would not make the issue an exploit. Just unintended.

Exploit implies so much more than just not being intended.

if people don't know how all these issues played out with the mod, that's fine. but to then come here and speak on it is basically an argument from ignorance

Edited by daze23

Lmfao go on punish me for "exploiting" but it's cool to tell people to get on the floor and shove disinfectant in them? And your but hurt over your barracks being empty?

Woooow seriously I have never laughed so much at the narrow minded so called "dev's"

Do you people even read my actual post or do you just reply to the latest comment???

stop raging about each other.

Mos1ey should this become an offense use his posts for retrospective punishment please.

Firstborn chicken create a poll about whether it is right or wrong and see how much support you get.

Yes punish people for speaking their mind and playing the game to the fullest with the limited features in it at he moment.. Two words for you sir "arse licker"

Edited by Max Planck
Stop that.