Sign in to follow this  
franzuu

The Alpha NEEDS a SUICIDE option!

Worst case scenario, go AFK and starve to death.  But I don't have a problem with people being able to click respawn whenever.

Add a respawn button and you will have the entire server searching for Novy spawn. If you get stuck and you cannot get out, just wait until you pass out, it's not that you will have to wait for long with the game needs.

A respawn button will leave the coast with hundreds of bodies breaking the immersion. I get the game is in alpha stage, but if I didn't get stuck not even once during the time I played, then it's not really happening all the time.

If there's script kiddies, then Rocket must do something about it, that's the priority.

I agree.

Needs a Timer and for the character to have picked up a loot item though. Just to stop the spawn rouletting. Although with the current loot system. Spawn Rouletting in it's traditional quite benificial state is already lessened from the cost side loot I've encountered (personally).

people are saying that its patched

Here's the problem with your suggestion:

It causes more problems than it solves. I have yet to find myself, after nearly thirty hours of play, in a "bug" situation that made me want to respawn. My character has been screwed a couple times and I was wishing that I could respawn but that isn't the game. If people were reporting that they were being glitched into geometry constantly your suggestion may be relevant but that is not the case. Right now all it would do if implemented was give people a reason to respawn again and again until they spawned in the spot they like. 

this just seems like another situation where people want to make major changes to the game to deal with a low probability issue

• Like 1

this just seems like another situation where people want to make major changes to the game to deal with a low probability issue

How is it a major change? I've gotten stuck twice. Once by falling through a staircase. The other logging back in. Took an hour away from my life and playtime. The button is already there.

If someone wants to play spawn roulette. What are the chances of a Novy spawn? And in the current state of the Alpha, how beneficial is it really?  Does a button break your precious immersion?

Edited by failhorse

How is it a major change? I've gotten stuck twice. Once by falling through a staircase. The other logging back in. Took an hour away from my life and playtime. The button is already there.

If someone wants to play spawn roulette. What are the chances of a Novy spawn? And in the current state of the Alpha, how beneficial is it really?  Does a button break your precious immersion?

the button is purposely grayed out

this is an issue that was already pretty thoroughly vetted in the mod, for more or less the same reasons. and that is why the button is grayed out now. before it was grayed out, it was heavily abused

No, he said that cheating wouldn't be as prevelant. Show me a game and I'll show you people cheating in it.

solitaire.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION

> Say you want Suicide because you're getting "stuck in geometry."

> Actually just want to use it to hop around to the spawn points you like.

• Like 1

No, this is so going to be abused and all the people for this button are probably all just unhappy with their spawns. Suicide IF you have a gun! This is a game about realism, or at least as much realism as possible. No METAGAMING!

There are just way, way too many ways to get stuck in DayZ at present.

Glitch through geography, get stuck in between geography, a little script kiddie f----t teleporting you into the ocean, breaking your legs in the middle of nowhere (which doesn't enable the respawn button, BTW), and sometimes, just because you want to.

It's an alpha, and we're supposed to be testing things, but what incentive do we have to look for glitches in buildings that allow us to get under the geography if our reward is having a character that is stuck under said geography literally until the next server wipe?

Please, treat this game like an alpha.

Bugs will happen.

Glitches will happen.

We shouldn't have to go complaining to some admin or mod system just to respawn our characters when we (intentionally or not!) get stuck inside objects.

I know I don't even approach an area if it looks like I'll get stuck in there.

I could handle losing my gear. I cannot, however, handle having to wait until the next server wipe to be able to do anything else.

Even if it's a command we have to use, like typing '/suicide' into the chat. Or '/respawn'. That would be enough.

People will use the respawn option to scum their way to their friends, certainly. But it's an alpha. Depriving everyone who falls victim to this issue, a way out, because some of the playerbase want to be scummy little respawn stabbers, is really detrimental to the entire project at large.

Don't search for them glitches, kids, or you'll be stuck in never-never-land until the server gods decide to start over.

Hell, even just add the 'respawn' option to the character screen on the main menu with a timer of half an hour between respawns. That would be more than adequate.

I'm not sure if its a glitch or meant to be but currently if you break your legs you can log out and log back in and you can walk again. I'm sure they'll fix that eventually :)

Yeah but then there would be no reason to handcuffs and such if the person can just suicide.

So, imagine this scenario, someone knock your character out and cuffs you, but instead of making you drink bleach, they feed you and give you water, keeping you prisoner indefinitely.  If you break out of the cuffs, they hit you unconscious, cuff you and nurse you back to consciousness.  it would be the ultimate video game troll.

There has to be a way out of this scenario,  that leaves your captor all your loot, but gets you back to the beach.

Edited by __redruM

Chess

I swear I didn't move any pieces while you were in the bathroom :D

> Say you want Suicide because you're getting "stuck in geometry."

> Actually just want to use it to hop around to the spawn points you like.

No, I do not want to spawn hop. It serves me no purpose. Getting out of a building right now. Damn right.

Getting out of the building the other day. Also right. Couldn't vault out, nothing. Deleted my /documents cfg. Also did nothing.

I don't play for 5-6 hours a pop. If I'm stuck for 45 minutes waiting to starve to death. That's a big deal to me. And I'm perfectly willing

to let someone else abuse a feature that would help me not waste time. It won't effect me. I don't troll around spawn points/ go to balota/ ect.

I'll save the trouble of saying 'it's an alpha.' 'bug' 'deal with it, ect.'  When the game is not an alpha, take the respawn button out. Being an Alpha, I'm sure more stupid things will happen. Having an option to restart is nice. It doesn't break the game. Discussing it on the forums, also, doesn't break the game. Look at the majority of your posts. If you're intent on trolling people for legitimate issues. Go find another KOS thread to be a dick in.

Edited by failhorse

No, I do not want to spawn hop. It serves me no purpose. Getting out of a building right now. Damn right.

I've put like 30 hours into SA and I haven't been stuck in a building yet. I don't know what you're doing, but stop it.

Go find another KOS thread to be a dick in.

"Be a dick" or just disagree with your preconceptions about the game?

Okay, maybe it's both. Fun, though.

I'm also for the addition of a suicide option. But yeah, some people may abuse it to respawn where they want.

We just have to limit it to 1 time each 15min. That cannot be abused since the guy who want to respawn will find another way to die within these 15 minutes and the guy who trigger some bugs is unlikely to found 4 of them each hours. Or just allow us to use the respawn option no matter our health condition but only when our char is 15min old.

No, he said that cheating wouldn't be as prevelant. Show me a game and I'll show you people cheating in it.

Scripting and cheating isn't the same. But since I don't know how this works in standalone, I won't post more about this

Edited by TSAndrey

Scripting and cheating isn't the same. But since I don't know how this works in standalone, I won't post more about this

That's subjective. The way that people used scripts in DayZ mod was most definitely cheating.

Edited by Mos1ey

Yeah, I believe there is a really need for this option. (For your following reasons)

However there has to be some kind of explanation for why this wasn't implemented from day 1.

Yea and the trailer shows suicide! haha so why wasn't this implemented  :(

That's subjective. The way that people used scripts in DayZ mod was most definitely cheating.

I'm not saying scripting isn't "cheating", I'm just saying it's different when someone uses scripts and when someone uses cheats.

Definitely pro respawn. Ive been stuck in a building 3 times now. First time my game crashed, character kept running(at light speed appareantly according to friends) into a house while I was losing connection. Spawned inside the house that you cant enter. Had to vault and jump for about 1min to get out. Second time I glitched through the floor in a mall and ended up 2m below ground level. Had to run around find a slope to "jump back into the world" and the third time I logged out next to a wall when a server restarted. When the server was back up and I joined, I spawned in the room you cant enter and got stuck there. The only thing to get me out of there was to run and jump towards the wall and quickly quit so the server(with its current desync) saves my character in the other room(since you currently glitch through walls on the screen of other ppl). When I respawned I was fine again. Dont have a problem losing my gear, especially since its an alpha. But if I literally just drank 20L of water at a well and ate 3 entire cans of beans thats gonna be a looooooooong wait until I starve, especially if I dont move.

A friend also managed to "teleport" through a wall by repeatedly running against it and punching it with an axe. lol

Seriously, this alpha needs a respawn. Dont give a flying fuck if some idiots are gonna abuse it to end up by their friends position. Honestly, who cares? We are NOT here to play(competitively). We are here to test the alpha, find a weakness in it, find glitches. We are here to provoke bad, game breaking things happening to us. But we cant do this if the game punishes us for doing so because some ppl cant get over the fact that this isnt the final version of the game yet and they shouldnt be bitching about ppl abusing respawn...