ItsJoker

Will waypoints (shift click on map) be added again?

I'm just curious if the waypoint markers with the distance counters will be added again.

I understand that it kind of takes from the barebones survival aspect but it was just nice to have.

Nope. Markers gone. Position gone. Little exploits allowing you to place next waypoint gone. GPS not in yet. Two compasses, orienteering and old brass one. Both fully animated. Will be probably adding PiP to help orientate them and use them but only basic functionality available for the alpha.

I have a full map + compass, and I didn't get that until I had already travelled to NWAF and back.. Way points really aren't necessary.

I have a full map + compass, and I didn't get that until I had already travelled to NWAF and back.. Way points really aren't necessary.

I don't believe they're necessary either, I was just wondering if anybody knows if it was planned or not. But I guess the consensus is that it will not make a return.

I mostly used it as a point of reference when in a firefight which was nice, and it also made it easier when you just wanted to make a full straight line sprint somewhere.

Guess we'll have to live without it.