exetick

backpacks + vest pouch

I think it would be great if you could use a vest pouch when you already have a backpack on you.

you have the vest with all the loot possible items you want on your stomach/chest. and in the backpack on your back.

would be cool if you could use a vest pouch at the same time you had a backpack.

I'd rather say start with the vest pouch or start completely without a backpack.

I dont see the point of the vest pouch - who would swap with it to get less room.

Start with no backpack then it becomes a useful item.

what I mean is that you should be able to use backpacks and vest pouch at the same time.

I dont talk about swapping it with the backpack.

and Im not talking about when you are spawning.

That'd be roughly the same thing as having three inventory sections, or the ability to get a bigger backpack, either way it isn't worth coding. Sorry.

worth coding? rocket can easily code it. the thing is you get extra space for items.

But there wouldn't be a point to forcing players to use another mini-version of a backpack. And if all it did was increase capacity and not add another layer of inventory spaces to mess with, it would be nothing more than a better backpack, only in pieces instead of all at once. More to add, for little gain.

I'd rather have a helmet.

worth coding? rocket can easily code it. the thing is you get extra space for items.

Which is the problem. It reduces the emphasis on inventory management.

More slots = less thinking what is essential to survival = just bring it all!

I like the idea of backpacks on ghilles. making vests worth it.

worth coding? rocket can easily code it.

I doubt that's true. For one thing, he'd need to re-do the current inventory screen. He'd also need to add a whole new section for things going in the vest pouch, which I suspect would increase server strain as well, which would require time spent optimizing the system.

While I like the idea in some respects, it would indeed take the focus off careful selection of survival equipment, or making a base, and instead turn you into a walking camping tent.

i like the idea. its not as these vest pouchs are super common and when i come across them i look at them and say what the fuck would i use you for? lol. but to able to use bot would be nice.

So instead of something like

slots = backpack.NumberOfSlots;

it's

slots = backpack.NumberOfSlots + vestpack.NumberOfSlots;

Also, I'd love to be able to store some ammo in a vest pouch. What about making it so a vest pouch gives you 12 slots of main inventory, whereas you start with 6? Or 9/12?

So instead of something like

slots = backpack.NumberOfSlots;

it's

slots = backpack.NumberOfSlots + vestpack.NumberOfSlots;

Also' date=' I'd love to be able to store some ammo in a vest pouch. What about making it so a vest pouch gives you 12 slots of main inventory, whereas you start with 6? Or 9/12?

[/quote']

Rocket would still need to modify the UI to include the second backpack, which is a significant task.

Not to mention it'd still have plenty of opportunities for bugs!

Make the hatchet selectable (and deselectable) as a weapon from the tool belt, that way you'd have no worries about dropping random stuff from the backpack when you reach for your primary weapon. I know it would make things easier, but if I were a survivor I wouldn't dump an AK and its ammo on the ground to make room for a hatchet!

Survivors should be able to drink from lakes without a bottle (imo)

I like this idea. Specifically, I would like to be able to use a backpack and a vest at the same time. It would make organizing my inventory a bit better.

I also think that you should not start with a backpack.

I'd rather say start with the vest pouch or start completely without a backpack.