Sign in to follow this  
Hvizeu

Tests Results on: Hitboxes, Corpses, Force feed and Melee

Me and my friend decided to go full retard and test everything we could on eachother; here are the intresting results we've found:

Disapearing corpses:

I have been noticing some diferences between combat loggers and normal disapering corpses and decided to test them with my friend, first we found out when a player alt-F4 out of the game, the body start the "drop on belly" animation and as soon as it hits the ground it disapears.

But i noticed some bodies stay on the ground for around 30 seconds and then disaper i figured they where not combat loggers and turns out i was right, it seems as soon as the player either spawns at the beach or exits the game(either alt-f4 or exit menu) the body disapears , so i tested this and this was the check list:

Dead screen - Body still there

Pause menu - Body still there

Clicking respawn - Body still there

Waiting screen ("testing scene 1 2 3") - Body still there

Can see the character in the beach - Body vanishes

So, i think it would be nice to let the corpse stay a litle bit more beacause its just impossible to loot the bodies the way it is right now, also please put a timer or combat mode on/off to stop the loggers, its realy annoying to waste bullets and get your gear damaged to get nothing out of it (except the pleasure of killing a logger).

Hitboxes (Melee)

So we had a situation where my friend put three .45 bullets to a guys chest and he runs up to him and punches him out of his contiousness in 1 hit, so we decided to check the hitboxes and blunt melee overall.

First my friend tryed punching me, i had the balistic helmet pristine and some random military clothes pristine including the vest and the military backpack (forgot the name sry):

Hit List:

Top of the helmet - fine

Side of the shoulders - fine

Torso - fine

Face - fine

Back - K.O.

Then i took a round at my friend, he was using default civilian clothes and a mountain hiking backpack.

Hit List:

Top of the helmet - fine

Side of the shoulders - fine

Torso - fine

Face - fine

Back - fine

Balls - fine

Legs - fine

Back of the head - fine

Spine - fine

Ears - fine

Hands - fine

Sooooo..... after those inconclusive results we went for an old mans boxing round both with civilian default clothes. I landed a lot more headshots in the first round and he got KOed, second round the same, then in the third round he KOed me using only body shots and in the fourth he KOed me using headshots.

Well from that data we concluded that there are only 2 hitboxes for melee; Head and everything else, it seems there is a chance of knocking someone out with body shots and it's increased if you hit the head, but hitting a particular sensitive area like the balls or the spine or the back of the head have no effects on the chance.

Sniper Force Feed:

After that good old boxing we went for a fifth round and my friend KOed me and started force feeding me Disinfectant, i woke up and ran around 30 meters away and saw him there stuck in the animation so i came back for a nice puch in the face, when i did so, i got a mesage that he succesfully force fed me... then i got sick ,vomited etc..etc..etc...died...

So i must presume that the game does a check 2 times, 1 when u start the feeding and 1 when u end it, if both says "target within range" it counts as a succes and ignores the fact that i ran 30m out of the way.

Then we tried force feeding but never aproaching again, just plain running away,...aaaannnnd....."force feed succesfull"...

Maybe put some more depth to this scrip?

// New Tests //

Today i tried out the bleeding chance when getting hit by a zombie vs the clothes you have.

It seems the quality of the clothing dont intrest much in this case i believe it is only there to protect your items, also the only helmet that REALY and i mean REALY ...helped me on melee combat was the motorcycle helmet.

1st Round:Me vs zombie ( No clothes) - bleeding after the first hit and KO (after 5 attacks)

2nd Round:Me vs Zombie (pants) - bleeding after first hit and KO (after 7 attacks)

3rd Round:Me vs Zombie (pants/shoes) - bleeding after first hit and KO (after 6 attacks)

4th Round:Me vs Zombie (pants/shirt/shoes) - Bleeding after second hit and KO (after 12 attacks)

5th Round:Me vs Zombie (pants/shirt/shoes/gloves) - Bleeding after First hit, redid and got bleed after second hit. (no more KO's got fed up with respawning :emptycan: )

6th Round:Me vs Zombie (pants/shirt/shoes/gloves/motorbike helmet) - Bleeding after fifth hit.

7th Round:Me vs Zombie (pants/checkered shirt/shoes/gloves/motorbike helmet) - Bleeding after seventh hit.

8th Round:Me vs Zombie (Cargo pants/raincoat/shoes/gloves/motorbike helmet) - Bleeding after fifth hit retried and got eight hit.

9th Round:Me vs Zombie (Cargo pants/raincoat/shoes/gloves/motorbike helmet/Simple backpack) - Bleeding after eight hit retried and got eleventh hit.

So...based on that i assume the bleeding chance starts decrasing considerably after geting all your skin covered up with long sleeves, gloves and helmet. Still need to test the military gear and PvP results using the hitbox scanning as well.

Extra Tips:

- Found out you can speed the "light" knockout timer by spamming WASD and moving your mouse around.

- There is no animation transition between fists raised and spriting (turbo), making kiting realy easy.

- You can walk up to anyone and force feed them disinfectant even if they move away from you.

Edited by Hvizeu
  • Like 6

Getting back to your Dead Body to reclaim your stuff is one of the best things about the Mod.

I hope Dean doesn't take that out!

Also,

it could take hours to get back to your body with the new Food/Drink system.

Updated my results on bleeding chance, if anyone else have any more tests they want to add feel free.

You had me at knocking people out and force feeding them disinfectant until they die.

I can't wait until we can craft a "Somali necklace" out of an old tire and a jerry can of petrol.