Sign in to follow this  
CGNoodlePot (DayZ)

Best scripted dialogue to use when in a tense 1&1 situation with other players?

I would like to know what you guys say to another player that creates the MAXIMUM effect of compliance?

Situation 1: You are alone and armed with a firearm and you surprised a survivor with a melee weapon:

"Drop your weapon now! Drop it!"

"I will give you five counts to drop that axe or I will open fire... 1!"

Right now I give a count of 5 for them to put down their melee. I am thinking the time pressure will make them completely change their mind of doing anything funny.

Situation 2: You are alone and armed with a firearm and you surprised a survivor with a firearm:

I am thinking of doing the same thing like above but I am afraid a shoot out will come out eventually.

Makes me think how do cops negotiate armed suspects when they are alone?

I just generally shout " Hands! Hands! Put Them on your head! " Or something similar, However I normally have 3-4 people beside me.. This has worked with armed people, However, If they start to turn to face us, Shots are fired.

Screaming "GET THE FUCK DOWN AND FACE AWAY" works, but if they don't comply, run forward, spraying, and start screaming

"DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE"

• Like 6

When caught unaware I yell "Hands up or I shoot!"

If I catch them and they don't see me I yell "We see you. Hands up or we shoot!" Even though I'm all alone. They usually stop then combat log after that.

I would like to know what you guys say to another player that creates the MAXIMUM effect of compliance?

Situation 1: You are alone and armed with a firearm and you surprised a survivor with a melee weapon:

"Drop your weapon now! Drop it!"

"I will give you five counts to drop that axe or I will open fire... 1!"

Right now I give a count of 5 for them to put down their melee. I am thinking the time pressure will make them completely change their mind of doing anything funny.

Situation 2: You are alone and armed with a firearm and you surprised a survivor with a firearm:

I am thinking of doing the same thing like above but I am afraid a shoot out will come out eventually.

Makes me think how do cops negotiate armed suspects when they are alone?

I never force someone to do something. Speak to him like he is a good old friend. In the same time contol the situation. It works for me in 90% or more. Belive me.

Droping weapon...  :P   I never drop my weapon.

Edited by NoCheats

I find that 'FREEEEEZE, FREEEZE, FREEEZE' tends to work quite well. Dont do it if you dont have a gun to back your threat up though.

'Get the fuck down'

Wait 15 secs

Shoot warning shots at player

wait 5 seconds

Shoot if not complied

If im being held and there is no way of survival, I just stand and put my middle finger up

If you want to deter players from getting close or even approaching you, I'd advise saying something along the lines of:

"Don't come near me! It gives me an erection and I can't be held responsible for what might happen! Stay back..!"

...works every time...

• Like 1

I ask friendly when pointing my firearm at them and they say "friendly" most of the time, otherwise I'll just shoot them :P