Sign in to follow this  
Gingerizhere

Guys, the hunger and thirst system in place now actually works, if you know how to use it.

So, today was a normal day of surviving, as I was already pretty kitted out, I decided I would do some testing. Ya know, for science right? Anyway I had just gotten a slight hunger and thirst message and seeing as I had a full 100% of rice, I decided to gulf down that mofo. I ate the entire thing, and a little powdered milk I believe, then proceeded to drink from a well until it said my stomach felt completely full.

Over the next 3, maybe 3 and a half, hours I got thirsty once, and finally got hungry after I traveled from about Tulga through the coast, up Zeleno, and finally to NWAF. Once I got to NWAF I had the "Your stomach grumbles" or something to that effect, ya know slight hunger.

But the moral of the story is, I believe the hunger system maybe working pretty close to what it is intended to be, considering you already spawn with a stomach rating of 1000, and are already thirsty upon spawning (this for reference http://dayzdb.com/guide/11-standalone-status-effects) and you start to throw up around 3500 I believe and you get full around 2500. So, let the hate roll through because I know almost every single one of you hate this hunger system as it stands, but I made it work to my will.

• Like 1

I think most of us on the forums are fine with it because people have shared how to deal with it here. You drink a lot from a well. Stuff your face early on. Good to go for hours.

• Like 1

I think most of us on the forums are fine with it because people have shared how to deal with it here. You drink a lot from a well. Stuff your face early on. Good to go for hours.

And here I thought I was some sort of innovator. 

Its good as it is but needs toned down slightly i think ....just very slightly. What people also need to realize is that theres plenty of ponds and water pumps around and soon with the addition of animals ...hunger will be less of an issue ...and also blood bags will be less of an issue as you can kills animals to get big chunks of energy back.

Although i don't see why people need to start out thirsty as there's no real reason for it ...its not a problem as your never too far from a water source wherever you spawn.

I think people are more annoyed at having to always look for a food and drink source rather than actually finding them...when they would rather be doing something else like pvp or gathering big loot. Still i prefer people having to move and worry about there food/drink more.

Edited by Massicor

In the beginning I thought the whole system was whacked. After you get used to it though, its not as bad as it first seems. At all.

Its good as it is but needs toned down slightly i think ....just very slightly. What people also need to realize is that theres plenty of ponds and water pumps around and soon with the addition of animals ...hunger will be less of an issue ...and also blood bags will be less of an issue as you can kills animals to get big chunks of energy back.

Although i don't see why people need to start out thirsty as there's no real reason for it ...its not a problem as your never too far from a water source wherever you spawn.

I think people are more annoyed at having to always look for a food and drink source when they would rather be doing something else like pvp or gathering big loot. Still i prefer people having to move and worry about there food/drink more.

This is a good point as well, I agree it should be toned back maybe a tad (just before they implement animals and such), but many don't understand that you can spam a well 50 times and it works just as well the next 50 times.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Gingerizhere

I still think the hunger and thirst systems are a little  bit overdone though, in real life I dont need to eat and drink two gallons of water every 30 minutes, and I certainly dont die if I dont eat every two hours or so.

I get it, it's a game so the time it should take between meals shouldn't be the same as in real life because that would render looting pointless, but I think that the amount of food/health you receive on each intake should be enough to somewhat replenish your hunger/thirst without having to eat ridiculous amounts of food all the time.

"But hurr durr, it's an alpha", I know, which is why Im providing feedback on the subject.

• Like 1

This is a good point as well, I agree it should be toned back maybe a tad (just before they implement animals and such), but many don't understand that you can spam a well 50 times and it works just as well the next 50 times.

Edit: grammar

Yes....spam till full ...although clicking it over and over and over to eat and drink is annoying and like i said in my topic here  http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156572-eating-and-drinking/#entry1568482 ....i hope they add these options to make it less of an annoyance

• Like 1