Sign in to follow this  
JSparks (DayZ)

DayZ Mythbusters

Hi guys,

I've been inactive for a long time prior to the standalone release but now seeing as it's made its debut, I should probably ask about some plans I have in order to get some idea of the community's response.

So, first and foremost. I've been planning to make a YouTube channel for some time but my PC doesn't run DayZ well enough to record and I don't really play much else. I played more DayZ mod than I'd like to mention, so I know it like the back of my hand. Loved the mod, so far loving the standalone despite it's early release status. My computer runs the standalone well enough to record quality videos, and there's no better time to start the channel up than now.

Anyway. I have some key questions for you guys as a community. Please answer honestly and just give me your feedback, thoughts, etc. Anything is appreciated.  :)

-Would you, personally, be interested in a DayZ SA mythbusters series on YouTube?

-Would you be more interested in a DayZ tutorial or guide series similar to that of DayZGuideZ?

-Do you think that a DayZ standalone tutorial or mythbusters series would actually benefit the community/game? Would it be an appreciated undertaking?

If you have any thoughts at all, let me know. Cheers!

JSparks

(Late edit)

Just so you know, if I were to do tutorials it would be more than just short things. I'd plan to have more intricate or in depth tutorials going, for example how to give a blood transfusion from A-Z, crafting system basics, advanced crafting system recipes, etc. etc.

Edited by JSparks
  • Like 4

Maybe, but I will def sub.

Been waiting for a dayZ mythbusters channel.

You should put version number though, just incase fixes/ changes come to the things you test.

Edit: sorry thought you were asking for participation...

Edited by AP_Norris

Ok, ya got me. We'll see how your first video goes :p

I think it would be an interesting series as the game develops. I feel like every "myth" at this point is probably some kind of bug, but hopefully as the game gets more stable, and more content is added, this could take off. 

Good luck. 

Maybe, but I will def sub.
Been waiting for a dayZ mythbusters channel.

You should put version number though, just incase fixes/ changes come to the things you test.

Yeah, versions will be included. Of course I'll specify that it's in pre-alpha, lol.

Ok, ya got me. We'll see how your first video goes :P

I've done some collabs with other channels before and I've made a bunch of videos. Proficient in photoshop and sony vegas so it should hopefully work out. 

Thanks for the feedback!  :beans:

Not sure if a mythbusters series would be useful at this point, but I think that a tutorial series would definitely help.

Edited by linfosoma

I liked the Myth Busters series for the Mod, and I would love to see it done for the Stand Alone. When should you start doing them? That's your call, but I put my vote in for "eventually either way".

Mythbusters would be a good channel to make as this game gets more complicated. You will have a lot of content to do shows off of as the game continues to progress through alpha and beta.

There will be a lot with the crafting system and other things. 

I was thinking with the new release there would be an abundance of myths to test. Thanks for the support; I'll most likely go through with this.