Katauni

Where's The Loot?

I know we are in Alpha, and so far i love the game.

Theres only one issue i have that severely limits gameplay:

I am having an extremely difficult time finding supplies. Every town i pass is completely empty or has only the odd hat or rotten kiwi. 

The number one thing i cannot find to save my life is a gun. 

Backpacks run a close second.

Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

• Like 2

It's difficult like a real apocalypse would be.  :thumbsup:

Im aware of that, ive played the mod too. 

I love the  realism of the game...

I just wish i could find SOMETHING. 

When i keep dying of starvation because food is nonexistent it tends to be annoying.

Switch to a low pop server. This will help ensure not every town is stripped.

Find a large industrial building for a backpack. I found 3 in one today. I run across the smaller backpacks all the time.

Grocery stores seem to have the dry foods (cereal, rice, etc). Usually pop too. But I don't see much fresh fruit anywhere. Check houses. They're not bad for grabbing a can or something. Also, use the wells. So easy to get hydrated with one, which means you can save your cans of pop for a longer hike.

I've had the most luck going a little out of the way. Everyone talks about barracks and stuff, but they're always wiped clean when I get there. So I go to the outskirts of a big town where I don't think most people go. Then you can find stuff.

As for guns, I don't see them often. If I do find them, I can't find bullets. It's kind of a pain.

It's difficult like a real apocalypse would be.  :thumbsup:

Not if you join a freshly restarted server, then it's easy.

• Like 2

Not if you join a freshly restarted server, then it's easy.

^ Yeap. And btw, I love that game in your status. I have like 30 floors.

• Like 1

^ Yeap. And btw, I love that game in your status. I have like 30 floors.

XD thanks. i must suck cause im only on 22

If you're sticking to the coast pretty much, then that is where everyone spawns and most towns will be looted. Venture up north, it's a big map!

I am having an extremely difficult time finding supplies. Every town i pass is completely empty or has only the odd hat or rotten kiwi. 

I dropped u a message, the people on this forum are not helpful at all even though they all know you need to know where to go to get a gun they wont tell you and the moderaters dont care.

If you're sticking to the coast pretty much, then that is where everyone spawns and most towns will be looted. Venture up north, it's a big map!

Follow this. All big/small towns are packed with loot. Any type of military base is a good place to check out for weapons/ammo.

Watch out though, there are a lot of bandits crawling around the areas.

Low population server. Head In-Land away from the coast. Begin searching small houses and homesteads, I found quite a good bit of supplies in them. Try places like Zelenogorsk. You'll find small stuff like sardines and powdered milk. I suggest finding an experienced player to help you out

Switch to a low pop server. This will help ensure not every town is stripped.

Find a large industrial building for a backpack. I found 3 in one today. I run across the smaller backpacks all the time.

Grocery stores seem to have the dry foods (cereal, rice, etc). Usually pop too. But I don't see much fresh fruit anywhere. Check houses. They're not bad for grabbing a can or something. Also, use the wells. So easy to get hydrated with one, which means you can save your cans of pop for a longer hike.

I've had the most luck going a little out of the way. Everyone talks about barracks and stuff, but they're always wiped clean when I get there. So I go to the outskirts of a big town where I don't think most people go. Then you can find stuff.

As for guns, I don't see them often. If I do find them, I can't find bullets. It's kind of a pain.

Lol This is the one problem i wasnt having i found like 150 of .45 caliber bullets i think and 20 shotgun bullets.

Lol This is the one problem i wasnt having i found like 150 of .45 caliber bullets i think and 20 shotgun bullets.

Would be great if those guns were in the game

.45 is in the game, I never found a magazine to use my bullets though :D

Check car wrecks for weapons, I found serveral Mosins on the front seats. And check the military areas that seem to be forgotten, like North-Eastern air strip.

.45 is in the game, I never found a magazine to use my bullets though :D

Check car wrecks for weapons, I found serveral Mosins on the front seats. And check the military areas that seem to be forgotten, like North-Eastern air strip.

So far to travel though, but you are right also theres a ship there where i got some really cool loot.

Loot doesn't respawn so the coastal areas will be picked clean. Get away from the coast!

Loot doesn't respawn so the coastal areas will be picked clean. Get away from the coast!

100% agree

Im getting annoyed at the fact that loot is too easy to find due to most people being at the coastal towns and city's. If you are having trouble go to Berezino it is huge and has rarely been looted.Been alive for 40hrs now and I spend most of my time NE of the map, yeah there isn't  a big line of millatary bases like the west but you can find gear and have better odds for survival.