Sign in to follow this  
Mad Z

Coastal spawns: why not change them?

There really is no reason, besides convention, that we spawn along the coast. There is no good reason to prevent spawns from being set inland instead.

In my opinion, the best location would be in the Gorka-Dubrovka area, given its proximity to a good town/medical area (Berezino) and a decent military area (NEAF). At the same time, it is equidistant from Balota, the new Kamenka/Zelenogorsk military installation, and the NWAF, all of which should be "end game" areas, not spawning locations. If these places, as well as Cherno and Elektro, were not as easy to access as simply killing yourself until you get a nice spawn (all of them are except for the NWAF), it would encourage a lot more map movement/spread as well as a different playstyle in these areas. Why allow yourself to be killed in Cherno or Elektro when you know it will take you at least 20+ minutes to run there again? I know that I would play much more conservatively in these towns if I didn't consider them to be somewhere so easy to get to, and I think others would do the same.

• Like 1

I would prefer random wooded areas anywhere on the map where you can't initially see a town. 

Unfortunately, I'm not making the game nor do I have any influence on the decisions.

We may end up with a real explanation as to why we spawn on the coast at some point though. 

• Like 2

Spawning on the coast makes sense, why change it?

• Like 1

You don't always spawn on the coast. There is also that slim chance you can spawn at Novy Sobor and then quickly make your way to NWAF and get fully geared.

I agree coastal spawns are stupid and are the biggest reason the map feels so empty.

Spawning in land would promote exploration and random player encounters.

Meanwhile spawning on the coast leads to 95 percent of players just sticking to the coast so they can pvp.

Meeting up is hard enough in this game, trying to get 4 or 5 players hooked up is a few hours worth of mucking around. 

Love to see an option where you can all spawn together. 

Took us 3 hours to group up last night, then we all got taken out by a sniper from some where. rinse repeat. 

Spawning on the coast makes sense, why change it?

You can spawn at or very close to the almost all of the most valuable areas of the map, rather than traveling to them. That is why it should be changed.

Creature. I think we're on the same page on a lot of this stuff.

Random wooded or off the coast.. I like the struggle of figuring out where I am.

In no way should there be a spawn as a group feature..next thing you know squads of 15 are roaming around all the time.. not cool.

God no.

Yeah, this actually is the biggest argument against this idea, which I agree the coastal spawning system fixes. That being said, with a center of Gorka extending west to the fields north of Novy, south to Shakshovka/Guglovo, west to Berzino, and perhaps as north as Krasnotov, this area might be big enough to prevent this.

The southern cost line is perfect.

Players progress by moving north, if you're looking to gear up fast, you head north west, if you're looking to lone wolf, you're heading northeast. I think it's great that people, who're not constantly looking for KOS, knows that the center and NE part isn't as heavily trafficked by PvP players, as the southern cities and western parts are.

Edited by Dallas

The southern cost line is perfect.

Players progress by moving north, if you're looking to gear up fast, you head north west, if you're looking to lone wolf, you're heading northeast. I think it's great that people, who're not constantly looking for KOS, knows that the center and NE part isn't as heavily trafficked by PvP players, as the southern cities and western parts are.

This might have been the case in the mod, but people looking to gear up now just go to Balota, which has equivalent loot to the NWAF.

This might have been the case in the mod, but people looking to gear up now just go to Balota, which has equivalent loot to the NWAF.

Not even the mod. DMR's, M24, etc spawned in the firestations alone. Remove ALL military loot from the south, and I'm ok with. Only ok, but I can compromise :P

Are you saying that it's not a good idea to be able to spawn near your friends (by choice) when you all join a server together  ? 

The idea is so that you can play as a group without the hour or more running around trying to meet up. 

Some of us don't spend every bit of free time playing and can't spend that amount of time just looking for each other, might as well play solo.