Booter

[SA] Character Movement Options.

Hi all.

Long time DayZ mod player and now SA.
First up, really liking the SA so far, well done to those guys for getting it out.

I'd like to talk character movement in SA compared to the Mod.
I'll try to keep this as brief as possible and still get my point across.

In the Mod the main movements we have are...
Crawling - Sneaking - Running - Sprinting.

In SA we have.
Crawling - Sneaking - Jogging - Sprinting.

In the Mod, the Running felt like a good 'Striding' speed.
A speed that a person could maintain for long distances(irl as well, like a long distance runner).

The Sprint was only used really when under pressure and could not be maintained for long.

In SA, I feel it needs the 'Striding/Running' speed back as a movement option.
Right now we go from Jogging to Sprinting and I don't feel we can Sprint for long distances given the effect on your character (as also in real life).

The Sprint feels like it's use is for when under fire or dealing with a pressure situation.

I really like the Jogging, the animation is nice, I do feel it's a tad rigid but overall it's good and functional for various reasons.

But think it would be great if the Striding/Running speed from the Mod was also included.

It felt perfect for covering distance when not under pressure and I believe it's more of a real life movement if you had to cover long distance in a hurry.

It should fall somewhere between the Jogging and Spriting speeds in the SA.

That's my suggestion briefly, I undertand all the movements have a 'slow' option as well but left mention of those out to try to keep this short.

Thought's anyone ?
Cheers.