raynor009

M4 and fresh spawns

The M4 being wildly inaccurate at anything further than 20-50 meters is pretty well documented. I've crouched completely still and aimed down the sight at a zombie who was running directly at me from about 75 meters or less.. Aimed at center mass and fired single shots. I saw bullets going left and right of my target. My M4 was in pristine condition except the RDS scope was "worn", which is effectively "still very good but not perfect." I was tapping "hold breath" and was not panting. My health and energy were full.. I was not shaking or sick.

Basically, guns are not very accurate right now, so what probably happened is that you hit your target 1-3 times, and they survived while the rest of your rounds did not hit your target, and they got close enough to axe you.. It sucks, and it shouldn't happen.. They will fix it in due time.

It wasn't your fault you weren't accurate. Many people are experiencing this. I have 7+ years of competitive CS experience...In DayZ Mod if I get a target in my crosshairs they are dying before me as I am familiar with bullet drop, recoil, and overall gun-physics. The "your aim sucks" excuse doesn't work for me, and I am experiencing the same issue as you are in DayZ SA.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1

Shooting fresh spawns in kamenka? you stay classy!

ps.. i'm glad he buried his axe in your skull..

have a nice day!

• Like 2

Priorities are not off, did you people forget the basic fact this is a TEAM working on the game, different people do different things, the person who added the books is not the same person working on anti-hacks, and I highly doubt implementing and dumping in a bunch of books is as complicated and time consuming as anti-hacks.

• Like 1

@ "Khad" shut your trap bitch, and go troll somewhere else.

I ain't trolling. 

Yes, it was a little offensive, but I was honest. Don't play something, you're rageing about. It's just that simple. If the bugs are too annoying for you, you should really wait for the release and play something you have fun with until DayZ is ready. This could even be the Mod. 

• Like 1

So I am really fucking pissed off right now. I was back at Kamenka and this fresh spawn rushed at me with his fire axe. I shot 20+ fucking bullets in the guy and he didn't die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He swinged his axe at me once and I'm dead : | . What the fuck game?? Really? Fucking fresh spawn, no gear no kevlar and it takes that many bullets to kill them? Realistic my ass. And almost forgot. This piece of shit is inacurate as fuck. If I start shooting a target at 50 meters plus from a prone position or crouch half the bullets don't even hit . They either go way off target or the ones that hit are not enough to kill him. Devs need to increase the damage for this weapon its ridiculous. I shot a guy fully geared in elektro with my pistols and took me 8 bullets to kill him. But it takes more than 20 to kill a fresh spawn? fuck this..

LOL owned or he might have been cheating.

Never had this experience. Every time I have killed someone (or been killed) with an M4, it has taken a short burst of fire and that's it. And that's with shooting from the hip, just roughly aiming for the center of mass. 5-7 bullets per kill, and I know if I aimed I could do it in less.

I like how they added fucking books and pens and fucking paper so you can write down your whole fucking life in game and even the fucking Bible is there. I really hope they add more books and the ability to wipe your ass with them because I can't fucking wait to wipe the shit off my ass with the holy book after eating 3 cans of beans. Please focus on adding more books, I hope with the next update I will find Red Riding Hood too because yeah, why the fuck not.

It seems you are under an impression, that abusing expression "f@ck", makes you look smart. It does not.

Alpha is the time to sweep the bugs and design flaws under the rug, they all need to be brought up and discussed, let developers prioritize the reported issues.

The problem is, no one read the disclaimer at the game startscreen.

Or on the Steam Store page.........

The books are a social reminder that a life of video games is empty and you should read a damn book once in a while.  Or write.  Hello, what's this a pen?  OMG paper!  Are you not inspired?  Was the pen pristine?  Was the paper badly damaged?  Use the pipe wrench and duct tape, friend!  Put it in a burlap sack and call it a romance.

On Christmas Day everyone is going to run around in their underwear. No PVP, just like WWI. Don't miss it.

• Like 2

I had the same thing, some new spawn started following me around, after a bit of annoying me he ran at me in a straight line  with his fists up, I put a whole clip from the M4 into him pretty much point blank , he finally got close enough punch me once, unconscious. 

• Like 1

Someone didn't read the disclaimer.

Also,

1. Deinstall

2. Getting the sand out of your vagina

3. Realizing it's an alpha

4. Waiting for the release

5. Repeat step 1 to 4

6. ???

7. Profit

lmao

Edited by Verex11

You probably have legit aim... but its in a very early alpha stage

Don't tell me about shitty aim, I'm not stupid. I always aim down my sights and I rarely shoot from the hip. And I am 100% sure all the bullets hit him as I was seeing blood every time he got hit.

So you ALWAYS aim down the sights, but RARELY shoot from the Hip?

Bad maths, and / or lying.

just a minute ago same thing!! i m4, guy with fire axe.. and i lose...!!!?? i shot a full clip in him and he lives to strike me with 1 blow and i die... also i killed him before and i was not able to loot him and he respawns and this happend???????????????????????????????????????????????? fix this asap!! i lost all my stuff because of this!! its unfair!

LMAO Why are you getting so mad at an Alpha that pre and forewarned you shit like this would happen?

And then he states not beeing stuipid... lmao. Sorry mate but if u were so wise, ud just restart get a new m4 and shot a guy in the face, realise that hes dead instant, and conclude it was a bug/hack/what ever aka bad luck cause alpha. Fun to see guys like u get mad at this alpha, very amusing. xD

Should've just seen the blood and started running.

Even though I didn't see them die. DayZ is literally one of the only games where I'm comfortable knowing I don't have to see them die after I hit them with a bullet or two.

Hello there

Not the best thread in the world, but if you really want it to continue you guys need to stop the personal insults.

First and last warning.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Not the best thread in the world, but if you really want it to continue you guys need to stop the personal insults.

First and last warning.

Rgds

LoK

I got drunk that night and completly forgot about it lol ^^. As far as I care mods can close or trash the thread. Still just a reminder the M4 is indeed fucked up so beware.

All the people talking about your bad aim are wrong, and they should shutup.

The more concerning thing is that you had a gun and were still in axe range.