Sign in to follow this  
stugrainger

Became Sick After Using Alcohol Tincture???

Hi all I became sick after treating my wounds with the alcohol Tincture which got me quite frustrated since it is supposed to disinfect my wounds not make them worse.  :(

Any Ideas?

Try drinking vitamins, fresh fruit and antibiotics, you should find them at your local hospital.

You should read this thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156062-alcohol-tincture-and-sick/

I think the post that explains it best is.....

the sick icon isnt a bug, but the icon not showing until you use alcohol i think is a bug. if you get infected by a zombie and use alcohol to clean your wounds you get the sick icon to appear like it should have appeared when you first got hit, and then you get the messages telling you your wounds are cleaner/cleaned, when your wounds are fully cleaned you can begin healing naturally from a full stomach, but untill they are fully cleaned you cannot heal naturally. when your wounds are cleaned fully, and you arent at full blood, you get an icon saying "healing" in the inventory screen, then when you are full blood, you get an icon that says "healthy" in the inventory screen, though unfortunently if you get hit again and become infected it will still say "healthy" because its bugged and doesnt show you're sick till you use alcohol. Source: Happened to me, so I thought I'd share it.

So apparently you're already sick but it doesn't show until you use the tincture.

it definetly makes the icon appear, it is not "sick but missing icon"

try it on a fresh char with no injuries whatsoever - or on your current char after having already cleaned your wounds and gotten through the sickness that resulted from the alcohol tincture

You're all wrong sorry but wrong. You were never sick when you used the tincture hence you made yourself sick for no reason. You player will display messages like "my wounds itch" or "my wounds ....." when you need to use tincture. Same goes for using antibiotics if you don't need them as well as charcoal tabs.